Rodgers Not Living Off Last Year's Game

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The entire offseason, Aaron Rodgers' performance in relief of Brett Favre at Dallas last year was talked about as the game that gave teammates, fans, and even Rodgers himself the confidence he was ready to take over as the Packers' starting quarterback.

So now that Rodgers is preparing to take on the Cowboys again this week, what does his 18-for-26, 201-yard, one-touchdown, no-interception performance last Nov. 29 mean?

"Not much," Rodgers said, point-blank. "That was last year. We've moved on. Like their media says, they didn't get to game plan for me. So now they have a whole week to game plan. It's going to be a great opportunity for us. It's a tough challenge."

The fact that the Cowboys are the only opponent the Packers face this season that already has film of Rodgers playing against them in a meaningful setting does work to their advantage somewhat. But the familiarity cuts both ways.

More here.......http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2008/09/17/2/

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers isn't living off last year's game, he's built on it. There shouldn't be any lingering doubt anymore about whether that game was a fluke or an indication of the quarterback confidence and competence of Rodgers. He's been playing the same way since.
I've never bought that bull that Rodgers did well only because the Cowboys weren't ready for him. They got like 5 sacks on him so they were bringing the heat just fine. They just couldn't stop him. They beat Favre 27-10 and Rodgers beat them 17-10.

MoxRox

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packerlifer said:
cowboysfootball said:
winning is everything screw all this "but he did so well" crap

Okay, so tell us who made it to last season's NFC Championship round?

In the NFL, there are the Superbowl Champions, followed by everyone else who lost.

TexasPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MoxRox said:
Packerlifer said:
cowboysfootball said:
winning is everything screw all this "but he did so well" crap

Okay, so tell us who made it to last season's NFC Championship round?

In the NFL, there are the Superbowl Champions, followed by everyone else who lost.
Aka Romo still couldn't win a playoff game. :lol:

TexasPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cowboysfootball said:
and still lost....HA
You must be one of the biggest unintelligent Cowboys fans I've ever come across and trust me I grew up around you guys and I had my fair share of them.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lord, I can't wait until Monday when all of these bozos leave and troll around some other team's forum. These tools are worse than panda and queen fans!! :p (and that's saying a lot)

Members online

Latest posts