Rodgers Not Himself?

Reaction score
http://www.packers.com/media-center...nfidence/210a66bd-8f2e-4976-8556-2a178b0edcf3

I know he is obviously upset about the loss, but Rodgers just doesn't seem like he is himself. Something seems off about him. Idk maybe I'm trying to dig to deep, but someone has to start digging to find out what is wrong. Maybe something internal is happening. There is just seems like there is no fire in him.

I definitely agree ever since that first loss at Denver he wasn't mad he wasn't pissed that he was getting beat and I will say he has shown more emotion the past two games but he is still missing ALOT which none of us are used to. My guess is he is trying too hard or very worried about the pass rush coming after him. It is worrisome and I would love to see some improvement ASAP.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm almost certain Rodgers has a calf injury that is not being reported. Just like manning has looked off ad now turns out he's been hurt for weeks but were no reports.

Rodgers had a few times he could've ran for a first down and threw the ball away. Looks like he might not be able to plant his left leg when throwing. Hence as why you're getting inaccurate throws. You notice he was stretching it out several times yesterday

You can tell he is very flustered and irritated in press conferences, as if he would like to tell why there's problems on offense,but has been told to retain a lot of information from the media. A guy doesn't not go from MVP to looking off without an injury

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
AR is definitely off his game, no doubt in my mind on this. Unless there is something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about (injury/personal problem) you have to start guessing as to why. Losing Jordy as his #1 sure handed on the same page receiver was probably strike #1. Dropped passes, blown blocking assignments, no running game strikes #2, #3 and #4. If I had to guess AR is totally frustrated and knows he alone can't fix all the issues by himself. Just when he makes one of his patented FHOF QB plays, it is followed up by a blown assignment or a dropped pass. Rodgers isn't the gunslinger that Favre was and never wanted to be, but with all the weight squarely on his shoulders to produce, he is caving under the mounting pressure. Favre responded to this kind of pressure with wild throws, Rodgers response to it is a loss of focus and frustration.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If he isn't injured, he also knows what an injury to him would cost the team......that adds even more pressure on him. That is one thing that didn't seem to phase Favre, the fear of getting hit. Granted Favre absorbed a ton of hits and kept playing, AR has had the misfortune of a few hits that ended up knocking him out with injuries that he couldn't play with.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I would have preferred he show a little anger - at himself and his teammates on offense, but since it was right after the game it looks like he went for "detached resignation" rather than "I'm really pi$$ed off!". But as I've posted before, I care a lot more about what they do than what they say.

Wilde and other reporter who asked him about the throws he missed should be prepared to relate each and every one to him on Wednesday because they were pretty damned obvious. I could do it for 'em except I deleted the recording of the game in disgust. Aaron Rodgers has a remarkable memory and it's understandable he didn't want to go into detail about that piece of crap that was the offense Sunday, but he doesn't need to see the film to remember throwing the ball into the turf five yards in front of Cobb, for just one example.

After careful consideration and minutes of study, here's my theory of what's wrong with Aaron Rodgers: It's Olivia Munn's fault. He is too happy in his personal life and it's sapping his drive to succeed on the field. Also, we know what trainers have told boxers for centuries: Sex weakens your legs and makes you less aggressive. For the good of the team, break up with her Aaron!

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's in a funk. A big one. It happens to the greats, but we need him to break out of it ASAP.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm almost certain Rodgers has a calf injury that is not being reported. Just like manning has looked off ad now turns out he's been hurt for weeks but were no reports.

Rodgers had a few times he could've ran for a first down and threw the ball away. Looks like he might not be able to plant his left leg when throwing. Hence as why you're getting inaccurate throws. You notice he was stretching it out several times yesterday

You can tell he is very flustered and irritated in press conferences, as if he would like to tell why there's problems on offense,but has been told to retain a lot of information from the media. A guy doesn't not go from MVP to looking off without an injury
There was one play in particular where Aaron could have ran for at least 20 yards, and decided to chuck it nowhere. That play puzzled me, but I really think it's just in his head. There is no rhythm/flow/chemistry to this offense and everything is thrown off.

Favre3132

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here are some interesting stats and facts about AR before and after he threw his 1st interception on October 11 against the ST. Louis Rams @ Lambeau Field in week 5 (got this from the WSSP Post Game radio show after Lions game).

Before he threw his first INT, AR's stats are the following:
92 comp. / 130 att
1,051 yards
11 TD's
0 int's
6 sacks
119.7 QB rating
70.8 comp. %

THEN THROWS 1st INT in the Rams game

After he threw his first INT, AR's stats are the following:
72 comp. / 124 att (20 less completions)
894 yds
6 TD's
2 int's (does not include the 1st int against the Rams - total of 3 int's for the year)
13 sacks
90.6 QB rating
58.9 comp. %

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here are some interesting stats and facts about AR before and after he threw his 1st interception on October 11 against the ST. Louis Rams @ Lambeau Field in week 5 (got this from the WSSP Post Game radio show after Lions game).

92 comp. / 130 att
1,051 yards
11 TD's
0 int's
6 sacks
119.7 QB rating
70.8 comp. %

894 yds
6 TD's
2 int's (does not include the 1st int against the Rams - total of 3 int's for the year)
13 sacks
90.6 QB rating
58.9 comp. %

While interesting reading into this would be impossible at it boils down to the age old question...

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

D

Deleted member 6794

92 comp. / 130 att
1,051 yards
11 TD's
0 int's
6 sacks
119.7 QB rating
70.8 comp. %

894 yds
6 TD's
13 sacks
90.6 QB rating
58.9 comp. %

Rodgers has thrown 313 passes this season completing 198 of them for 2,270 yards and 21 TDs. So, somehow those numbers don't add up.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Wonder if he took a head shot or turf slam that hasn't cleared the cobwebs totally yet. Just a bit off kilter but still within specs so now he is just good not the GOAT qb we got used to.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the consensus. Rodgers has not looked himself. He does not look as quick or as fast and a lot of his throws are uncharacteristically bad. A bit overweight? Like it or not the receivers are going to need a bit more time to get open. It is almost that he will need to forget about doing his reads until a second has passed. They are all getting jammed. Probably means you gotta keep an extra blocker in the backfield. If Kuhn can't do it; how about the rook? And Rodgers stats are probably not that bad only because he has been getting free stuff when they are way behind or at the end of the 1st half. He was really bad for 3 quarters yesterday but his stats looked good. Lies, damned lies and statistics.

D

Deleted member 6794

And Rodgers stats are probably not that bad only because he has been getting free stuff when they are way behind or at the end of the 1st half. He was really bad for 3 quarters yesterday but his stats looked good. Lies, damned lies and statistics.

While Rodgers total numbers don't look bad he only completed 57.4% of his passes and averaged 5.46 yards per attempt. Pretty pedestrian numbers.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Starting to feel like the "next man up" theory on who to blame for this rolling snowball that has dragged just about every unit, coach and player down at one time or another during the season. I'm putting the onus on everyone until they prove me wrong. It's a team and they win and lose as one.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For whatever reason(s), Rodgers has pretty much fallen apart. I don't see any quick fix.

Favre3132

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Captain - good catch on Rodgers numbers before and after his first INT of the year. I may not have gotten these numbers exactly correct from yesterday post game radio show, but I do know that his completion % has dropped drastically from the first 4 games compared to his last 4 to 5 games.

Just do not know what is going on with AR right now!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Don't we all know by now that unlike his predecessor, AR does not like throwing interceptions. This can be a good and a bad thing. We are now seeing the downside of this fear. Hard to blame his fear though, he had to have heard the criticism concerning this aspect of #4's game.

D

Deleted member 6794

Captain - good catch on Rodgers numbers before and after his first INT of the year. I may not have gotten these numbers exactly correct from yesterday post game radio show, but I do know that his completion % has dropped drastically from the first 4 games compared to his last 4 to 5 games.

Just do not know what is going on with AR right now!

There's no denying that Rodgers has struggled since week 4. While he was the clear-cut leader in passer rating after three games he ranks only 16th in the league since then in addition to being 27th in completion percentage and yards per attempt over that period.

D

Deleted member 6794

Don't we all know by now that unlike his predecessor, AR does not like throwing interceptions. This can be a good and a bad thing. We are now seeing the downside of this fear. Hard to blame his fear though, he had to have heard the criticism concerning this aspect of #4's game.

Rodgers has repeatedly said that he already put an emphasis on not throwing interceptions in high school.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While Rodgers has missed a few easy throws he normally makes, I have seen quite a few drops. Last game Adams dropped a few key ones which would've went for large gains/tds. Cobb had a crucial drop on that 3rd down. A few of those go our way and could've been a different game.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts