Rodgers Not Himself?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It goes either way for me, not about the fist fights, I don't care that much :) But he does have flaws, nobody is perfect, but for a lot of years we've seen mostly perfect QB play. Think about it, he had 4-5 poor passes last week and they stood out. Every other QB has passes like that every single game, every single week. Except Brady maybe. Cam Newton throws that many bad passes a half and they keep winning. Peyton Manning was throwing that many bad ones a quarter, except against us, and they kept winning.

So while I do put some of this on Rodgers, I'm not going to dump it all on him either, or even mostly. I think it's loads easier for a WR to make 5-10 plays a game in terms of contested catches or laying out for a ball etc, than it is for a QB to be perfect on every single throw, and when he is perfect on that throw, ala Cobb and Adams, you have to catch the damn ball. Those 2 plays alone could have easily been the difference in the game.

Like you said, someone could pick up our QB once and a while, or even just make a play on a perfectly thrown ball when it is there.

EDIT:

The one Cobb dropped in the early going could have been a 20+ yarder and likely over 30 and he might have scored. He had his man beat and no one in front of him. Then of course there's Adams dropping the 2 pointer in the end zone, I don't get that jump. He clearly saw the ball why not attack the ball and move towards it a couple of feet using his body to shield it from the defender? I think part of it does come down to coaching. Too much panic too much pressing and not enough of the little things, the little bits of execution that make a difference.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
As I remember it, Adams' momentum on the 2 point conversion was toward the sidelines so it would have been very difficult for him to change his direction 90 degrees and attack the ball. And even if he had, the DB had position so the result still could have been an incompletion or offensive interference (although the refs were mostly ignoring pass interference during that game). The problem was the DB had position as the pass was thrown. And the problem with the pass was it was under-thrown (Rodgers obviously had pressure on the play so I'm not blaming him). If Rodgers could have led him a little bit more and/or thrown it higher, Adams would have had a chance to catch it.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I`m sorry but I disagree entirely. Receivers can only catch what he throws. I doubt the great Megatron could catch some of his throws at the moment. James Jones was released by us because of contract issues not because he couldn`t play anymore. He might not be quite the same JJ but he`s played with this QB before. AR is playing ordinary at the moment, that is all. We ARE missing Jordy, but this is as much on Rodgers as everybody else. :tup:

Feh......I don't agree with this at all. Sure, Aaron Rodgers had made a few poor throws, but he's made some good throws that our butter-fingers WR corps dropped.

I think the offense's lack of production boils down to three primary things:

1. The Packers can't run the ball at all. Eddie Lacy is a complete non-factor. James Starks, while being periodically explosive, isn't really a top-tier running back. How many times can A-Rod watch his RB pound into the line for no gain before he starts pressing?

2. The Packers lack a premiere TE. Justin Perillo? Richard Rodgers? Andrew Quarless? All probably good men and fine fellows but premiere TEs? Hardly.

3. The loss of 1500 yards of production and 13 TDs? That would be Jordy Nelson. Jordy took the pressure off of Randall Cobb and Davante Adams, neither of whom are top-tier WRs. The jury is still out on Ty Montgomery. Davante sure looks the part but the productivity isn't there. JJ's been OK.

The Packers can't keep depending on "free plays" off of hard-counts. Sometimes I think the hard counts upset our own team's timing as much as anything. We've got seven games left. I sure hope the Pack wins at least five of 'em.

Shockwave

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Feh......I don't agree with this at all. Sure, Aaron Rodgers had made a few poor throws, but he's made some good throws that our butter-fingers WR corps dropped.

I think the offense's lack of production boils down to three primary things:

1. The Packers can't run the ball at all. Eddie Lacy is a complete non-factor. James Starks, while being periodically explosive, isn't really a top-tier running back. How many times can A-Rod watch his RB pound into the line for no gain before he starts pressing?

2. The Packers lack a premiere TE. Justin Perillo? Richard Rodgers? Andrew Quarless? All probably good men and fine fellows but premiere TEs? Hardly.

3. The loss of 1500 yards of production and 13 TDs? That would be Jordy Nelson. Jordy took the pressure off of Randall Cobb and Davante Adams, neither of whom are top-tier WRs. The jury is still out on Ty Montgomery. Davante sure looks the part but the productivity isn't there. JJ's been OK.

The Packers can't keep depending on "free plays" off of hard-counts. Sometimes I think the hard counts upset our own team's timing as much as anything. We've got seven games left. I sure hope the Pack wins at least five of 'em.

Shockwave

Well we`ll have to agree to disagree then.

Buggy

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 6794

This would appear to be why

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...n-rodgers-injury-report-right-shoulder-injury

It most certainly has affected his throws whether or not he thinks it has. Really think Mike McCarthy should have an independent physician check him out because even though I know as the leader and team MVP he wants to play though it, it's not worth jeopardizing your career over.

I don't know the extent of Rodgers injury but it doesn't seem him continuing to play will jeopardize his career in any way.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This would appear to be why

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...n-rodgers-injury-report-right-shoulder-injury

It most certainly has affected his throws whether or not he thinks it has. Really think Mike McCarthy should have an independent physician check him out because even though I know as the leader and team MVP he wants to play though it, it's not worth jeopardizing your career over.

Confused--so is this a day or two old, or did they lie 3 days ago

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/350134291.html

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said QB Aaron Rodgers has taken a lot of hits the last three weeks and may be feeling the effects of it, but neither he nor Rodgers pointed to anything physically wrong that might be affecting his throws.

Rodgers insisted there was nothing wrong with him short of the bruised leg he suffered when hit low on a fourth-quarter play that resulted in a roughing the passer call against Lions DE Ziggy Ansah.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do people say Olivia Munn is the problem? They were dating all of last season and Rodgers was the MVP....

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Why do people say Olivia Munn is the problem? They were dating all of last season and Rodgers was the MVP....
Since I was the first to mention her in this thread: It was a JOKE.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a been a problem for me when posting , TJV. Often hard to tell intent with the written word.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since I was the first to mention her in this thread: It was a JOKE.
nonono, I realize that. It just reminded me of people that actually bring that up and are serious.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nonono, I realize that. It just reminded me of people that actually bring that up and are serious.

Just like it was Jessica Simpson's (or was it Marge Simpson) fault that Tony Romo sucked so bad. Lots of players are married or are dating really hot chicks and they play well. Some are probably married to or are dating ugly chicks and they are playing well. If anyone seriously believes it I don't have much respect for their football acumen.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
It's a been a problem for me when posting , TJV. Often hard to tell intent with the written word.
That's true but I did leave a couple of clues. That paragraph was the only one in italics and I started it with, "After careful consideration and minutes of study..." And then advocating for Aaron to break up with her. But I know I've read some stuff on this board that I would have bet anything was a joke and it turned out to be serious.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I remember it, Adams' momentum on the 2 point conversion was toward the sidelines so it would have been very difficult for him to change his direction 90 degrees and attack the ball. And even if he had, the DB had position so the result still could have been an incompletion or offensive interference (although the refs were mostly ignoring pass interference during that game). The problem was the DB had position as the pass was thrown. And the problem with the pass was it was under-thrown (Rodgers obviously had pressure on the play so I'm not blaming him). If Rodgers could have led him a little bit more and/or thrown it higher, Adams would have had a chance to catch it.

It looked like a drop to me. Not all of the passes are going to be perfect, especially when the oline is a sieve. It wasn't the easiest catch to make but it should have been caught. Choke job by Adams.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looked like a drop to me. Not all of the passes are going to be perfect, especially when the oline is a sieve. It wasn't the easiest catch to make but it should have been caught. Choke job by Adams.
He's supposed to be a physical receiver, yet he had a smaller CB knocking balls out of his hands on more than one occasion.

I don't understand the hype behind him pre-draft AT ALL. Looking at his highlight videos, he just seemed to catch perfectly thrown balls from Derek Carr against terrible competition. He's not fast, not tall, and has unreliable hands. Great pick, TT.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew Rodgers had some type of injury. I had mentioned it Monday. No way a guy plays like that after an mvp year without an injury. I think that injury is from weeks back, but finally got reported this week

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Completely disagree. Not a choke job at all - he and Cobb had obvious drops that are fairly characterized by that term. But the CB had position and the ball was thrown short and didn't lead Adams toward the sideline. As I said, I don't think that was Rodgers' fault, but IMO it wasn't Adams' either.

And regarding the pre-draft hype for Adams I think it had something to do with his production in college. And even if you disagree with that, how about the post-draft, post TC, in-season hype by none other than Aaron Rodgers? And no, he doesn't hype every receiver or player on offense.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe he needs one of these.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Im sure there will be time while he watches his mvp performance in the SB.

AP can watch his MVP SB performance.......ummmm OK...

AP can watch his SB win....opps

OK AP can eat a snickrs while reading parenting basics

Yes...I went there :p

Members online

Latest posts