1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rodgers falters in season's biggest test

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by News Bot, Jan 18, 2012.

1. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +53
    Source: JSOnline.com

2. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +682
    Tom Brady last year - 14-2, one and done. It happens. Rodgers can't do it alone.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871

True, Pats had the same defense we did this year. 32nd ranked overall but led the league in turnovers. Just further proof the best TEAMS advance, and not the best offenses or defenses.

• Like Like x 1
  4. KCPackFan

KCPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Rodgers had a couple of poor throws but he was still the best player on the field, kept plays alive, and was our leaving rusher. You cannot always be the man that wins games for your team. I think QBs get too much credit and too much blame. Everyone seems to think that QBs are the team and everyone else is just a supplement to them. Football is a team sport and it takes a team effort to win and a lack of team effort to lose. When you allow a hail mary pass to be completely in the dieing seconds of the first half, the last person that should be written about having a bad game is the QB.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +630
    Rodgers was not anywhere close to being his best last Sunday, but neither were the rest of the Packers. The only halfway bright spot was the run defense. They stuffed the Giants' running game until late in the 4th quarter. But given how bad they played otherwise, it really didn't matter.

6. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +682
    Been thinking about the Detroit game in week 17. Maybe I'm not remembering it accurately, but it was like the receivers caught EVERYTHING Flynn tossed at them. Two weeks later, they can't catch. Why?

Their hearts and minds were just not in the game, imo. Did they take for granted they'd win it, or just not want to?

7. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    They are a young team. Maybe we under estimate the effects the emotions and disruptions of the week had on them

8. TheOnlyMeIKnow

TheOnlyMeIKnow Guest

Ratings:
    +11
    Couple theories here. You guys ARE right, Aaron can't do it by himself. The ONLY receiver I saw that seemed interested and understood that they had a game to play against the Giants was Driver. Everybody else thought they were ENTITLED to play in the Superbowl.

About Aaron though 2 things: 1. Down the stretch from about the Giants game forward, he was off. His passes weren't as precise. He was missing by 'just enough' that it was noticeable, even while he was putting up good numbers. 2. Aaron has ALWAYS had trouble with deficits, even going back to his first year as a starter, and prior to that when he was backing up. He just doesn't seem to do real well with adversity.

9. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    And if he hadn't played like he did all year we wouldn't have been 15-1. But that's why you need a defense. Can't expect him to perform at a 122.5 QB rating every game.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +157
    Blaming this on Arod is quite unfair.
    It wasnt him that dropped the passes,
    wasnt him that gave up that demoralising run before the half and the touchdown that followed.
    wasnt him that gave up 37 points on defense

Nope.jpg

11. TheOnlyMeIKnow

TheOnlyMeIKnow Guest

Ratings:
    +11
    I agree GreenbayPhil. THIS loss wasn't Rodgers fault completely. But HE himself was complacent from about the Giants regular season game forward. His accuracy wasn't as good when the WRs weren't dropping the ball. He has to lead before the team will follow. I didn't see him on the sideline kickin' dudes in the *** verbally in any game this year, and believe me despite 2 losses there were MANY games when guys on BOTH sides of the ball needed it.

12. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    Atleast he tried. His mental satus was probably shot when no one wanted to catch his perfectly thrown balls.

He tried to put the team on his back but no one wanted to help execpt Driver.

If I had to give a game ball to someone it would be Driver. He did was was expected of him he caught the passes that was thrown to him.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheOnlyMeIKnow

TheOnlyMeIKnow Guest

Ratings:
    +11
    Lunchboxer,

EXACTLY! I agree 100% with you about Driver. And I won't just say that about the playoff game. It looked like he was the only one putting work in from about Week 12 on!