Rodgers falters in season's biggest test

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers, the front-runner for most valuable player in the NFL, picked the wrong time to have his worst game of 2011. Instead, he was tentative, inaccurate and ineffective.

Source: JSOnline.com

KCPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers had a couple of poor throws but he was still the best player on the field, kept plays alive, and was our leaving rusher. You cannot always be the man that wins games for your team. I think QBs get too much credit and too much blame. Everyone seems to think that QBs are the team and everyone else is just a supplement to them. Football is a team sport and it takes a team effort to win and a lack of team effort to lose. When you allow a hail mary pass to be completely in the dieing seconds of the first half, the last person that should be written about having a bad game is the QB.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was not anywhere close to being his best last Sunday, but neither were the rest of the Packers. The only halfway bright spot was the run defense. They stuffed the Giants' running game until late in the 4th quarter. But given how bad they played otherwise, it really didn't matter.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Been thinking about the Detroit game in week 17. Maybe I'm not remembering it accurately, but it was like the receivers caught EVERYTHING Flynn tossed at them. Two weeks later, they can't catch. Why?

Their hearts and minds were just not in the game, imo. Did they take for granted they'd win it, or just not want to?

T

TheOnlyMeIKnow

Couple theories here. You guys ARE right, Aaron can't do it by himself. The ONLY receiver I saw that seemed interested and understood that they had a game to play against the Giants was Driver. Everybody else thought they were ENTITLED to play in the Superbowl.

About Aaron though 2 things: 1. Down the stretch from about the Giants game forward, he was off. His passes weren't as precise. He was missing by 'just enough' that it was noticeable, even while he was putting up good numbers. 2. Aaron has ALWAYS had trouble with deficits, even going back to his first year as a starter, and prior to that when he was backing up. He just doesn't seem to do real well with adversity.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blaming this on Arod is quite unfair.
It wasnt him that dropped the passes,
wasnt him that gave up that demoralising run before the half and the touchdown that followed.
wasnt him that gave up 37 points on defense

Nope.jpg

T

TheOnlyMeIKnow

I agree GreenbayPhil. THIS loss wasn't Rodgers fault completely. But HE himself was complacent from about the Giants regular season game forward. His accuracy wasn't as good when the WRs weren't dropping the ball. He has to lead before the team will follow. I didn't see him on the sideline kickin' dudes in the *** verbally in any game this year, and believe me despite 2 losses there were MANY games when guys on BOTH sides of the ball needed it.

L

Lunchboxer

Atleast he tried. His mental satus was probably shot when no one wanted to catch his perfectly thrown balls.

He tried to put the team on his back but no one wanted to help execpt Driver.

If I had to give a game ball to someone it would be Driver. He did was was expected of him he caught the passes that was thrown to him.

T

TheOnlyMeIKnow

Lunchboxer,

EXACTLY! I agree 100% with you about Driver. And I won't just say that about the playoff game. It looked like he was the only one putting work in from about Week 12 on!

Members online

Latest posts