Rodgers calf update

Reaction score
I think Aaron's position will be about the same with slight improvement, not so much due to the physical healing from 7 days..but mentioned above with the psychological confidence from playing on it.. and pushing it a tad in the second half without a major setback. I also don't believe we are getting "insider" information on the calf.. It wouldn't be prudent to advertise our position nor do I think it would be advised by our staff to elaborate on it
Based on Aaron's performance against Dallas and it's progression. I think we have a QB that is very capable and the mental disadvantage of Seattle thinking they are playing against a "wounded" athlete may play to their demise. I am not a Nancy Pelosi fan.. but I do respect what she responded one day when asked of George Bush.. "Disappointed? Not really.. Disappointment is related to expectations" . Let's just hope Seattle's expectations are fed by the sensationalized media reports
It is the Queen's English that always so eloquently destroys us:cry:

Last edited:

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, McCarthy went on record as saying that Rodgers feels better now than he did after week 17. That is good news and proof that Rodgers is healing through all of this. So maybe his "Health %" goes up some for the Seahawk game.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Aarons Calf, lots of people were questioning your ability coming into this game. What would you like to say to all those doubters?"

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Aarons calf:

"SHHHHHHHHH...."

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I listened to Rodgers' radio show today. He didn't seem interested in talking about the calf, but did say it felt worse after the game and it doesn't really feel any better or worse than last week. Basically we will probably see the same Rodgers on Sunday. However, if we win, I wouldnt be surprised to see improvement before the super bowl, since it'll be two weeks.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, McCarthy went on record as saying that Rodgers feels better now than he did after week 17. That is good news and proof that Rodgers is healing through all of this. So maybe his "Health %" goes up some for the Seahawk game.

He did but then back tracked and said he THINKS it was better and to ask Aaron that question

Not sure why mm gave two diff answers but people are forgetting or not hearing the 2nd answer

I personally will listen to Aaron's word before mm

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I listened to Rodgers' radio show today. He didn't seem interested in talking about the calf, but did say it felt worse after the game and it doesn't really feel any better or worse than last week

Wait-- MM was quoted saying he thought it was better, than it was after the Det game

Now the player that has the injury is telling us differently?

Yes that's being sarcastic, but MM did say it was better, then 2 mins later back tracked and said he thought it was better then it was after the Det game..

This is what I was trying to explain to others before.. Don't listen to the coach that gave two diff answers..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That was McCarthy´s response to the third question about Rodgers´ health. He answered the first one by saying Aaron made it through the game very well and that he thinks that #12 feels better this time this week compared to last week.
Now it seems Aaron is contradicting MM's answers a little

JamesCA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Aaron could at least be able to loosen the calf up a bit because it won't be nearly as cold in Seattle.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron was a new man second half and trust me it wasn't cause he adjust with stretching and heat in the locker room, he came out that locker room feeling like a new man. he was not limping that much second half and he was bouncy in that pocket. Those that play football knows what goes on in those locker rooms. Like aaron said out his own mouth its Super Bowl or Bust. Im not necessary saying he got shot up but some kinda pain killer was involved. just my opinion. Don't kill me over it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Aaron was a new man second half and trust me it wasn't cause he adjust with stretching and heat in the locker room, he came out that locker room feeling like a new man. he was not limping that much second half and he was bouncy in that pocket. Those that play football knows what goes on in those locker rooms. Like aaron said out his own mouth its Super Bowl or Bust. Im not necessary saying he got shot up but some kinda pain killer was involved. just my opinion. Don't kill me over it.

I don't think he did-- he didn't vs Det and would be shocked if he did this time

But it is a theory -
Or he just gutted it out

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he did-- he didn't vs Det and would be shocked if he did this time

But it is a theory -
Or he just gutted it out
you think he didn't in detriot? I'm more sure he did it in the detriot game then vs dallas. Detroit game he said it felt like he tore his achilles. he came out that second half throwing darts.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
you think he didn't in detriot? I'm more sure he did it in the detriot game then vs dallas. Detroit game he said it felt like he tore his achilles. he came out that second half throwing darts.

I am pretty certain he didn't in Det

He did say he didn't-- I don't expect him to lie

He could really tear it up if he can't feel it

Reaction score
Just my opinion, but I believe he got a local injectable anesthetic in the calf halftime, Detroit. I think they also wrapped the ankle or used an ankle brace to immobilize the bending of the foot which could add strain the affected area..hence the club leg 2nd half where he hopped down the field.
I think against Dallas , because he had some good therapy and 2 weeks, he just had it wrapped appropriately to keep the foot closer to a 90 degree angle which results in less stress to the calf but more again, a more limited range of motion. Possible he also took an anti-inflammatory pre-game, but I doubt anything but over the counter (at most) was needed for that or pain. He'll be rotating ice and heat the next few days which expedites the tissue rebuilding while limiting inflammation and supplementing NSAIDs. Another week and we go from 70-75% mobility..to 80-85%. If it was a medium tear and he didn't get a "re-strain" he's gonna start turning the corner and he'll be 90-95% if he has the opportunity to advance to the superbowl in February.. In the meantime getting rest, Aleve and some hot tub action is his prescription.. unless he's trying to get pregnant.. he may wanna reconsider confining the hot water to just the leg area

Last edited:

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to say that after hurting it in the Detroit game, he didn't have a chance to really push himself to see what he could do. He didn't practice much and I get the feeling he was testing it to see what he could do. In the second half, he played much better and even rolled out a few times on the calf. I'm wondering if trailing in the Cowboys game could be a blessing since he had to make plays to win the game and was able to see how the calf held up. I hope that brings more confidence into the Seahawks game since he pushed it and knows what he can do.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think hes getting better as we go. Hes certainly not any worse.

SeahawkFan80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would tend to agree with the NSAID possibility and a shot of nerve blocker. I had one shot of it when I lost the tips of my fingers one year. I watched the doc stitch up my fingers the next day after the shot of nerve blocker. I felt no pain. I was however given a couple percocet and I took them both as directed. I never want that stuff again..I was so messed up. This was about 12 years ago or so. That would be my guess anyway. Hope he feels good this weekend.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 revenge games left... Seattle and the colts comeback 2 years ago to beat us with a last minute fg.

This man always has played with a chip on his shoulder the weight of 23 men drafted in front of him.

When he tells me that leg has 120 minutes left, I believe him.

I truly believe that it may rip. He isn't coming out now.

The only way I can see it is if he cannot stand on the other leg at this point.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He is scared of needles I don't think he got a shot

He doesn't like the put stuff in his body that is not needed

sean corey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have reviewed many Wednesday and Thursday(today) player interviews and to a man including all of the coaches all I have heard is that they are approaching the game as if Rodgers will be totally healthy.