Rodgers asked for Longwell's number...

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard on the Jim Rome show that Rodgers asked for Longwell's #8. Ryan said no can do buddy.

no harm in asking i suppose. Rome blasted him for it, but Rome is a pure-bred ******* himself.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rome is another legend in his own mind. I have no problem with Rodgers asking. I have no problem with Longwell saying no. Big *^%$&&^% deal.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is no big deal. This has happen a lot. First round draft choices, especially Q.B.s have done this for many years. The star 1st round player offers compensation to the veteran player. Sometime he accepts it and many times he does not. This has happened in this case. Ryan said he has done many excellent things in his career with Green Bay with #8 on is jersey, but he will see what Aaron's offer is. Ryan is a great person and I don't thinlk he was offended by the Rookie. I think Ryan will keep his number, and Aaron will wear #12 and have to wait a while. Longwell's contract is coming up soon and he wants to be paid more money for his skills of kicking so well in the winter conditions in Lambeau Field. The Packers will probably compensate him handsomely for his F.G. acuracy, unless it is cap buster amount. Then there could be a problem. Hopefully Ryan will be reasonable, and of coarse doesn't have a Drew Rosenhaus type agent. I think,Ryan likes it in G.B. and appreciates the Packers giving him a chance after the 49ers cut him. But then again most times, it is about THE MONEY!!!!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
Longwell deserved a pro bowl after last season--above average accuracy levels, four game winning kicks...

no joke man he deserved it big time

i dont think any one is making a big deal out of him asking, i think it was jus being brought to our attention although i still think it takes balls for a rookie who dropped 23 spots from where he was projected to ask a (in my book) All-Pro kicker for his number.

BrettFavre4MVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
(in my book) All-Pro kicker for his number.
I think Ryan's probably an all-pro kicker in every Packer fan's book. I don't think he gets the respect he deserves. That said, I wouldn't have a problem with Rodgers wearing 8.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
i dont think any one is making a big deal out of him asking, i think it was jus being brought to our attention although i still think it takes balls for a rookie who dropped 23 spots from where he was projected to ask a (in my book) All-Pro kicker for his number.

we dont even konw that he did, he couldve just mentioned it to longwell jokingly, longwell jokingly said no, and the media (and jim rome) blew it out of meaning

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
SlickVision said:

we dont even konw that he did, he couldve just mentioned it to longwell jokingly, longwell jokingly said no, and the media (and jim rome) blew it out of meaning

I read that he asked him and Longwell turned it down. It was also on ESPN. Whether you find those as creditable or not is your decision.

spaulding

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Longwell should be smart about this. Jeff Feagles the punter for the Giants has sold his # twice in the last 2 years, to Eli, then Plaxico. For his cooperation he got a brand new patio with all the toys for his house and a vacation for his family.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My comment about Ryan Longwell and Aaron Rodgers was in the Green Bay Press-Gazette a few days ago. I saw no later report about the refusal but, I might have missed it. I expected Ryan to refuse the offer.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i personally wouldn't ask but i don't think it's a big deal, but then again i tend to disagree with everything rome says.

on the contract renewal thing....has a kicker ever held out? or maybe i should just ask if drew has any kicker clients?

Members online

Latest posts