Rip on TT and MM in here

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
?

we are told Ted only wants his players..so why is he re-signing these guys that he clearly never drafted?

thats my question

but seems no one has an answer

Since no one has an answer maybe I know it?

It isnt all about just "his players" as some of you claim..

Facts proved you wrong, so there is real no answer you have

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
longtimefan said:
?

we are told Ted only wants his players..so why is he re-signing these guys that he clearly never drafted?

thats my question

you seem to be a big fan of answering your own questions :D

GJ85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'v been a packers fan for all 21 years of my life, MM is no Mike Holmgren yet but I have faith in him and the as far at TT, he found Greg Jennings so I'm a believer. I give them a big :yes:

oomparific

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally love MM... I think he has the potential to be great... All he's done is improve the team every year (given this was a down year, but look at our defensive injuries)... He's rarely out of the game, EXCEPT for in one phase: CHALLENGES!!! He almost never challenges and then when he DOES, it's something petty or OBVIOUS that it SHOULDN'T be challenged... If he can clean that up, I think he has the ability to be an elite coach.

As for TT, I despised him to begin with, but as time goes, almost everything he does just seems like a great move (with the exception of Justin Harrell, which I was DUMBFOUNDED by the moment they announced he was the selection.) He cut a lot of dead weight (there are few players he cut that are playing and of those playing, MAYBE one or two is playing well.) He pulled the trigger on Faver, which, whether it was the "right" or "wrong" thing to do, took some serious balls.

My favorite move(s) of TT and MM though, are that they stick by their policy of drafting the best player on the board regardless of position. I have agreed with almost every draft choice they've made and, again with the exception of Harrell, the ones I haven't agreed with I've come around to. The only thing that worries me about this philosophy though, is sooner or later we're going to need to sacrifice a bit of quality for a certain position. I just hope when that time comes, he'll make the right choice.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
JenningsLongCatch said:
longtimefan said:
longtimefan said:
?

thats my question

notice how NOT ONE person that said it was all about Teds players never spoke up?

sometimes not saying a word, says a LOT

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
JenningsLongCatch said:
longtimefan said:

notice how NOT ONE person that said it was all about Teds players never spoke up?

sometimes not saying a word, says a LOT

True... true

ksios

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't give a **** what your opinion is. I'm sure you feel the same about mine. Thats the cool part of being an American. But as a fan who pays good money to see our team on the field, I demand the best out of our team. If on my job I do not perform to expectations, not only do I get talked to (or about in this case), I could get fired. Why is it wrong for any fan to have the opinion about TT that you don't agree with. If I feel that that TT is a bum, I have that right. AND I have the right to say my feelings about him. Just as you have the right to voice your oposition. I don't have a problem with the fact that people disagree with any opionion. It just seems that some people have a holier than thou attitude. If it is your opinion that TT is doing fine... I strongly disagree. In my opinion the Packers have lost their identity, and I believe that it all begins with TT. Although I disagree with the way it all went down with Brett, I also realize at some point you must move on. Losing Brett is not what I mean by losing their Identity, they started losing it way before Brett left. Go ahead and jack me for my opinion I know you want to.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
ksios said:
I don't give a **** what your opinion is. I'm sure you feel the same about mine. Thats the cool part of being an American. But as a fan who pays good money to see our team on the field, I demand the best out of our team. If on my job I do not perform to expectations, not only do I get talked to (or about in this case), I could get fired. Why is it wrong for any fan to have the opinion about TT that you don't agree with. If I feel that that TT is a bum, I have that right. AND I have the right to say my feelings about him. Just as you have the right to voice your oposition. I don't have a problem with the fact that people disagree with any opionion. It just seems that some people have a holier than thou attitude. If it is your opinion that TT is doing fine... I strongly disagree. In my opinion the Packers have lost their identity, and I believe that it all begins with TT. Although I disagree with the way it all went down with Brett, I also realize at some point you must move on. Losing Brett is not what I mean by losing their Identity, they started losing it way before Brett left. Go ahead and jack me for my opinion I know you want to.

No one is going to "jack you"

On this forum and on EVERY other Pack forum its the same thing.

Just be respectful when debating him

catchpatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, Ksios, I'll bite. When you say the Packers have lost their identity, what do you mean? You sure sound like a bitter Favre fan when you say that, and we all know you're a Favre fan. So, if you don't mean Favre, what do you mean?

ksios

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Catch , I truly don't mean Farve was the only identity with the Packers. I also know that a losing season will take the fun out of playing. what I don't see is a team that had the same chemistry they had in the past. there are still a few players like driver that have the swagger. to me it seems that overall the team isn't into the game like they used to be. Even when they were 13-3, it seemed to me something was missing... a spark, swagger call it what you want. It feels to me that some, and I mean some, of the players don't understand what it means to BE a Packer. I also think that TT doesn't understand what it means either. We have such a great history as a team and we have had some truly amazing players be part of our team. We still have a few on our team to this date. I feel that SOME of TT decisions are taking us away from who we are. Did I want Brett back before this year... obviously. but as I stated, I also understand we needed to move on. I am not a huge Aaron fan, just like I wasn't a Huge Brett fan when he first started. I hope and expect my views to change. The Brett thing is not the only reason I don't like TT(although it looks like it was the right decision), I feel that Ron Wolf had a better understanding of the Packers. I know he is not available, Heck I don't know if there is even a better canidate for Gm right now, but that doesn't mean I have to accept the job that TT is doing. We have salary cap room. let's see how he uses it this year. I haven't been impressed in the past.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ted doesnt know what it means to be a packer?

You are aware this is his 2nd stint with the team right?

He has walked that building many many times and knows the history..

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

The only thing TT should be worried about his WINNING. Green Bay has the best fan base in football. We love our team when they win and demand changes when they lose. There is no such thing as a "bad year" to a Packer fan because we demand greatness. He needs get his act together, do what is best for the team, and get some players.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
JenningsLongCatch said:
longtimefan said:

The only thing TT should be worried about his WINNING. Green Bay has the best fan base in football. We love our team when they win and demand changes when they lose. There is no such thing as a "bad year" to a Packer fan because we demand greatness. He needs get his act together, do what is best for the team, and get some players.

believe it or not, I agree

RyanMegaphors

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is pure idiocy to turn on MM/TT in just one bad season. He's straight off of 13-3, 1 pure Brett Favre INT from last year's Super Bowl. We're way under the salary cap, we're young, we had lots of injuries, a much tougher schedule, ect.

Pure Idiocy.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all should be stoked about the defensive coaches coming on board for this coming season too. Kudos to TT and MM in this department.

boisenjm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When people bring up last year, the record, the defense being atrocious and even put weight on it is crazy. Last year cannot be used as any sort of measuring stick to where the defense can and hopefully will be. People tend to forget that we lost an integral part of our defense on every level through injury.

Jenkins- arguably the best DL next to Kampman
Barnett- by far and away our best LB
Bigby- one of the few guys on our D that intimidates and can really bring the thunder (does anyone remember how he started to come on in the playoffs last year)

Couple these huge injuries with Sanders' ineffective coaching and scheme and the defense had exactly the amount of success I would imagine. Yes TT could have had more depth at key spots like D-line but there were some guys on that line that looked like they had some skill and just didn't show it. Whether it was underachieving or the result of bad coaching I don't know.

All I have to say is that with a better scheme (the 3-4) as well as much better coaching (Capers, Trgovac, and what-the-heck, Greene) coupled with hopefully a healthy Jenkins, Barnett and Bigby; in addition to a significant FA signing or two and a top notch Draft pick this defense should be humming in no time.

ksios

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although everybody has a right to their opinion, this thread is for the fans who WANT to rip on TT or MM. I personally like MM and think he'll be a great coach for a long time with GB. Ryan makes a point that we are Way under the salary cap. I have to ask Why that is a good thing. I for one think that a team should be as close to the cap as possible as long as that means the players that the money is spent on make a real impact. I do believe that there were a few of those available on Defense that MAYBE would have helped shore up any areas that the young players could have used more practice time before being used in critical situations. Boisenjm makes the point that Sanders was an ineffective coach. Who's job was it to hire him. I don't totaly blame Sanders for all the problems for the reason he stated "people tend to forget that we lost an intergral part of our defense on every level through injury". I will give MM credit, which he totally deserves, for revamping the defensive coaching staff. To me it shows that he is not going to sit back and let his staff cost him his job. Thanks for reading and understanding that this thread IS for the fans who want to vent their frustration with TT or MM. I for one think that MM is a good coach and look forward to having many long years of him as a Packer coach. One last thought, maybe we should start a thread called "everything is great in Packer land" for everybody who thinks that. I know there are a few things that are going well with the team. What do you think Longtimefan? Just a thought

Eclipse612

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That way, there would be 2 topics full of "you're right", "I agree" statements. It would be pretty boring and useless. I signed up here because it is a discussion board. So let's discuss please! :) Just my opinion.

I think being well under salary cap is a good thing because it gives you freedom of move on the market. Of course there's no point in staying in this situation forever, and I hope TT will use the chances the low salaries give to him. It is just a great position to make a good transition from a talented team to a competitive one.

ksios

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eclipse I was being a little sarcastic with the "everything is great in Packer land" comment. I thought that the point of this thread is to allow people to vent. If the thread was "lets debate TT and MM in here I would be all for that. YOU are right if we had the two it would be boring and pointless. Just a comment on you point on the salary cap... do you think we were at that point at which we should have spent some money or do you think we should wait a little longer ie for the perfect fit. In my opinion, I felt that we are little behind in looking for a FA that can help this team. I'm sure that TT has spent some money on a big name FA, I for the life of me can't think on any that made a impact. I'm sure somebody can remind me of a couple. I'm getting older, heck I'm older than Favre(that's pretty old you know) my memory can be a little short. Maybe that's why I don't like TT, I can't remember any of his briliant FA players he brought in. maybe if I would remember any of them, my mind would change about him. Since my mind is wandering, does anybody think that AJ Hawk had a bad year and maybe not worth the amount TT is paying him, or was it just another case of the sophmore jinx. Let the debates begin.

Go Pack Go!!!!!

boisenjm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the biggest FA sign by TT was Woodson. Pickett is probably his next biggest pickup and some would argue that Chillar was a really good signing. IMO Chillar is just a little above average.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, the only pick dumber than Harrell ( he can still prove me wrong ) was Man****** ( DO NOT pronounce his name! ). This IS a thread to diss on MM and TT, like the FB run on 4th and 2, but you have to accept when people disagree, because even if this thread is about blasting, THIS IS ALSO A FORUM. Even if TT picked Justin Harrell, he still got us Jennings and Woodson, the best in their position.
PS.:
1 Hawk cannot be covering the TE while he rush the pass and stop the run at the same time and for the whole team, that's why he has played poorly. In the 3-4 he will be a beast.
2 Poppinga is better than Chillar, and he's still average...
3 And don't get me started on picked and the other DTs...

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackersRS said:
Man, the only pick dumber than Harrell ( he can still prove me wrong ) was Man****** ( DO NOT pronounce his name! ). This IS a thread to diss on MM and TT, like the FB run on 4th and 2, but you have to accept when people disagree, because even if this thread is about blasting, THIS IS ALSO A FORUM. Even if TT picked Justin Harrell, he still got us Jennings and Woodson, the best in their position.
PS.:
1 Hawk cannot be covering the TE while he rush the pass and stop the run at the same time and for the whole team, that's why he has played poorly. In the 3-4 he will be a beast.
2 Poppinga is better than Chillar, and he's still average...
3 And don't get me started on picked and the other DTs...

Poppinga and Chillar should both be replaced.

ksios

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See I knew you guys would remind me of a great FA that TT brought in. I agree that woodson was one of the best pick-ups the packers had next to maybe Reggie White (RIP as in rest in peace). Since we have room under the cap, does anybody think TT will pull the trigger on a Defensive stud that's going to be a fee agent or do you think he'll look to the draft again? There is going to a few big name players out there, but I think a lot of them are getting up in age and would require a ton of money to bring them to GB. Can anybody name a FA for the defense that the packers should be looking at? How much do you think the new Defensive Coordinator will have to say about the players he would be looking for to run a 3-4? I would think that MM would seek his opinion since it's going to be a whole new scheme. What do you all think.

Eclipse612

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed the sarcasm on your previous post ksios, sometimes the overall attitude of a post gets lost in translation :)

Well, the first name that came up also here in the forum is Julius Peppers. His former DC is our DL coach for 2009 so that could influence him. Of course, if Carolina puts the franchise tag on him the situaiton gets more difficult.

Members online

Latest posts