Rip on TT and MM in here

OP
OP
wischeez

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pugger said:
From what I understand Donald's position coach and his OC love him so I seriously doubt DD is going anywhere. Doesn't he have another year on his contract anyway?

Yup, through 2009

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
wischeez said:
Pugger said:
From what I understand Donald's position coach and his OC love him so I seriously doubt DD is going anywhere. Doesn't he have another year on his contract anyway?

Yup, through 2009

dontcha know that Ted hates everyone that had ties with Brett, so its his plan to dump them all

catchpatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously, Ted's plan has always been to clean out the old Packers. In fact, that's what he was brought into Green Bay to do. So I won't be surprised if next season is Driver's last with Green Bay, but even Ted isn't so evil as to get rid of him before then.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wischeez said:
Pugger said:

Yup, through 2009

dontcha know that Ted hates everyone that had ties with Brett, so its his plan to dump them all
It seems that way, doesn't it? My husband and I said that a long time ago. There are coaches that have a better record than M&M that have been fired--yet M&M gets to stay around. Of course, TT is his buddy.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
[

It seems that way, doesn't it? My husband and I said that a long time ago. There are coaches that have a better record than M&M that have been fired--yet M&M gets to stay around. Of course, TT is his buddy.[/quote]

FYI I was being sarcastic

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
longtimefan said:
[

It seems that way, doesn't it? My husband and I said that a long time ago. There are coaches that have a better record than M&M that have been fired--yet M&M gets to stay around. Of course, TT is his buddy.

FYI I was being sarcastic[/quote]

Why was Corey Williams traded away under the guise of a potentially unproductive fruition of a lucrative contract extension, yet Johnny Jolly hangs around even after an arrest for drug possession? Wouldn't a reasonably sound mind question Jolly's dedication more so than Williams? (I'm aware that the timeline of events makes this a moot point but I had to ask.)

For your answer refer to the post by Carol K. She's spot on with her assessment.

I don't believe it's everyone ever associated with the NAME though. It's really only about anyone TT didn't acquire. He's building his own legacy. Can't do that with Wolf's & Sherman's players still doing half the work.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then why did TT give Kampman a big payday? You guys are still pizzed about TT trading Brett. 90% of folks think trading Brett and starting Rodgers was the correct call. DD isn't going anywhere. Good grief! :p

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
doughsellz said:
It's really only about anyone TT didn't acquire. He's building his own legacy. Can't do that with Wolf's & Sherman's players still doing half the work.

As pug has mentioned already..

This is why I can not believe the "TED is getting rid of all the Wolf Sherman players crap"

He gave Al, Kamp, Nick, Bubba, Driver ( Driver got 2..YES TWO extensions) Who else got extensions?? Yes...Scott Wells..I probably am missing someone but o well... you get the point???

That at least 6 guys Ted had nothing to do with, but yet they got extensions..

Now can you give us solid proof to refute your claim?

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then why did TT give Kampman a big payday? You guys are still pizzed about TT trading Brett. 90% of folks think trading Brett and starting Rodgers was the correct call. DD isn't going anywhere. Good grief! :p

I really don't think that 90 % of the people think that starting Rodgers is the correct figure. When we were in Green Bay this summer for training camp and family night, there were crowds of people in favor of bringing Brett back. In fact, they had 60-80,000 signatures to have him come back. There were all kinds of signs around for Brett.

Besides that, we know for a fact that TT called Brett into his office after the playoff game against the Giants and told him they no longer had a place for him on the team. And also, TT has been trying to get rid of him ever since TT became GM.

And to this day, I can't understand offering 23 million dollars to someone to stay retired. Wish my school district had asked me to do that.

Have a good weekend everyone.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
so right after the giants game huh? interesting since they welcomed him back in april right before the draft but Brett said i need more time

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:
Pugger said:
I really don't think that 90 % of the people think that starting Rodgers is the correct figure. When we were in Green Bay this summer for training camp and family night, there were crowds of people in favor of bringing Brett back. In fact, they had 60-80,000 signatures to have him come back. There were all kinds of signs around for Brett.

All that shows is 60-80,000 people who would rather see their favorite player than the team progress and move forward.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, in my opinion 6-10 is not progrssing or moving forward. To me that is a backward step from last year when the Pack was 13-3. JMH0

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:
Well, in my opinion 6-10 is not progrssing or moving forward. To me that is a backward step from last year when the Pack was 13-3. JMH0

Yeah, and that totally had to do only with Favre leaving and not injuries. I saw how good Favre was with the Jets in December :lol: *****

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
doughsellz said:
It's really only about anyone TT didn't acquire. He's building his own legacy. Can't do that with Wolf's & Sherman's players still doing half the work.

As pug has mentioned already..

This is why I can not believe the "TED is getting rid of all the Wolf Sherman players crap"

He gave Al, Kamp, Nick, Bubba, Driver ( Driver got 2..YES TWO extensions) Who else got extensions?? Yes...Scott Wells..I probably am missing someone but o well... you get the point???

That at least 6 guys Ted had nothing to do with, but yet they got extensions..

Now can you give us solid proof to refute your claim?

Lord Football

Cheesehead
Reaction score

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
?

we are told Ted only wants his players..so why is he re-signing these guys that he clearly never drafted?

thats my question

but seems no one has an answer

catchpatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People need to remember that Ted Thompson was brought in to clear out the old guard and bring in younger players. That's why the Packers got him in the first place. So let's not get too worked up over him doing his job. Furthermore, how many of the players Ted has gotten rid of in the last couple years are still playing effectively now?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
catchpatch said:
People need to remember that Ted Thompson was brought in to clear out the old guard and bring in younger players. That's why the Packers got him in the first place. So let's not get too worked up over him doing his job. Furthermore, how many of the players Ted has gotten rid of in the last couple years are still playing effectively now?

That is true. Let's be honest here... Mike Sherman RUINED this franchise. With draft picks like Ahmad Carrol, Joey Thomas (who turned out to be good trade bait), Donnell Washington (another "potential guy"), BJ Sanders (a horrible 3rd round decision to take a punter), Kenny Peterson, James Lee, ect... TT needed to do some house cleaning when he became the new GM. Sure he made some bad calls along the defensive and offensive line, but Rodgers over Favre was the right call along with trading Javon Walker for the pick that nabbed Greg Jennings.

This offseason will make or break TT. If he is active in free-agency, brings in an adequate defensive coordinator, and makes the RIGHT choices in the draft, he can totally redeem himself.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JenningsLongCatch said:
catchpatch said:

That is true. Let's be honest here... Mike Sherman RUINED this franchise. With draft picks like Ahmad Carrol, Joey Thomas (who turned out to be good trade bait), Donnell Washington (another "potential guy"), BJ Sanders (a horrible 3rd round decision to take a punter), Kenny Peterson, James Lee, ect... TT needed to do some house cleaning when he became the new GM. Sure he made some bad calls along the defensive and offensive line, but Rodgers over Favre was the right call along with trading Javon Walker for the pick that nabbed Greg Jennings.

This offseason will make or break TT. If he is active in free-agency, brings in an adequate defensive coordinator, and makes the RIGHT choices in the draft, he can totally redeem himself.

Hey JenningsLongCatch,

I agree that this off season will make or break TT. Add a FA DL men and draft Cushing (OLB) from USC. then draft an OT and a Saftey and CB.

Eclipse612

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think TT is not at all a bad GM.
He might have made errors (who doesn't?), but you've got to recognize tihs is a young talented team with a lot of potential. That's the best position you can put yourself in to build a wiining franchise. That doesn't mean it's going to happen, injuries and youngsters not meeting the expectations are difficult things to foresee (e.g., Justin Harrell). How many GM's would have had the courage to drop Favre? It broke mine as well as every fan's heart, but it needed to be done given the situation the team was facing in training camp. And going after expensive old players is not something that lets you build for future, so I'm glad we don't do that so often.

The only thing that worries me is how many years of quality football guys like Harris, Woodson, Driver or Clifton will guarantee. If the team grows fast, the wind blows behind us...if the young guys need three or four years to build confidence, then we will need to find someone for key positions like CB and OT, and we may face difficult times.

That is just MHO, but overall I think this is a well-directed team.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CalifPacker said:
JenningsLongCatch said:
catchpatch said:

Hey JenningsLongCatch,

I agree that this off season will make or break TT. Add a FA DL men and draft Cushing (OLB) from USC. then draft an OT and a Saftey and CB.

Hoperfully it makes him ;)

favre04life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my eyes ....they can go suck the big one....and I hope they choke ******* it too. I could go on and on about why but I won't for 2 good reasons. 1, most people know why. 2, I can't type but like 30 words per min. if that.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
favre04life said:
In my eyes ....they can go suck the big one....and I hope they choke ******* it too. I could go on and on about why but I won't for 2 good reasons. 1, most people know why. 2, I can't type but like 30 words per min. if that.

okay so here is a ?

Say the Packers end up 9-7 but miss playoffs by one game.

Ted and Mike are fired

How long do you give the new men in charge to produce??

Members online

Latest posts