rings for the owners?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why doesnt GB give the "owners" an option of buying a ring for themselves? I know the nfl only forks over a limited amount for rings but I dont see a reason why "owners" shouldnt have the option of paying full price for a ring. It would just be another reason why we are the greatest franchise in football.

Thoughts? Maybe I am just in the moment right now lol

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do individual owners of other teams get a ring?
Do they get anything?
Or just bragging rights?

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting idea but I don't think I want that many people holding such an important symbol of the Packers history. Some would end up on ebay years from now, or worse. No thank you.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting idea but I don't think I want that many people holding such an important symbol of the Packers history. Some would end up on ebay years from now, or worse. No thank you.

I dont think many fans would fork over that much for a ring. Thats a car for most fans.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're welcome.

The owner of my team took two of his three rings and had them made into cufflinks. Kinda badass, in a way... :rotfl:

Kind of a **** move in another.. He will never get another one, so he should have held on to the ones he did have. :p

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think in the Packers case the entire board of directors get rings. I was at a wedding where one of the board members was a guest and had a ring from XXXI. He was letting any random weirdo like me pass it around and try it on. Kinda sketchy in my opinion.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think in the Packers case the entire board of directors get rings. I was at a wedding where one of the board members was a guest and had a ring from XXXI. He was letting any random weirdo like me pass it around and try it on. Kinda sketchy in my opinion.

yeah they do. Unfortunately the avg fan has little to no shot at getting on the board.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
What they COULD do is design an owner's version, a much less expensive kind, and allow that for sale. I'm an owner, and I'd buy one.

I like this idea. If I remember correctly, when the White Sox won the Series in '05, they offered replica rings to the fans. We could definitely do something like this. Maybe the diamonds be crystal instead, or something to that effect.

cakoski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt they would let us buy rings, but the replica idea is a good one. Maybe at least they could let us pose with the Lombardi trophy. They could do it during the shareholders meeting, Then they make money selling us photos and picture frames. I feel this idea is cool and more workable.

Members online

Latest posts