1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Richard Seymour

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by BorderRivals.com, Feb 14, 2013.

1. BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +499
    I know, another big name potential free agent, so there must be a forum on it. :)

BUUUUUTTT, at 33 and a few seasons of irrelevancy stuck in OAK, his price has to be depreciated. His stats still show he's an effective DE. He's the prototypical 3-4 DE in that he has great size and speed to be able to play strong against the run and also supply some pressure on the QB. If the price is right, I think it'd be a savvy move for TT.

Much like my previous thread of S. Jax - There may be some "aging" veterans available for a discount that could fill some important holes on this team. Obviously, it all comes down to balancing the cap space with looming contract extensions. But, I'd like this approach for free agency this season.

2. metallicblaze

metallicblaze Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19
    For the right price I could run with this.

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,082
    Going to be over priced imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    The last washed up wrong-side-of-30 former Raider worked out alright. So we have to get him.

• Like Like x 1
  5. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,457
    Moss came out of Oakland in good shape and so did Woodson. I don't think that Seymour is washed up and could fill a very important role on our defense. You can tell me that I don't understand the 3-4 system but I still think we need more real beef up front in the middle.

For the right price this could work out well. Luckily we know the head honcho over there in Oakland. Maybe he'll put in a good word

6. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    Seymour is far from washed up. But I'm interested to see how he'd be used considering I don't think he's ever played in a 3-4 scheme

7. NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +375
    For the minimum!

8. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,457
    I really think that scheme is more in the mind of the player than anything else. A good player can adjust to any scheme and succeed, they just need the motivation and mindset to do it. Kampman could have done it for GB but he made up his mind against it from the start - likely for comfort and familiarity reasons. However, he could have been a great compliment to Clay had he wanted to be.

Seymour could make that transition. He's a special player. The question is whether he would want to do it

9. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,031
    I have no idea how much Seymour has left in the tank. My guess is there’s a good chance he’ll be one of the UFAs still available after the opening frenzy of the UFA signing period is over so there’s a chance… slight as it is. Seymour reminds me of Wolf’s last draft in 2001. Rumor was Wolf targeted him when he traded Matt Hasselbeck to Seattle to move up from #17 to #10 in the first round. Of course Seymour was picked #6 and the Packers picked Jamal Reynolds instead. It would have been better to have traded Hass straight up for whatever they could have gotten and stayed at #17 and picked OG Steve Hutchinson as Seattle did. Or at least waited until the draft was underway to see who was available at any willing trading partner’s pick. Of course that’s an easy call with the benefit of hindsight. Unfortunately that was one of Wolf’s worst drafts: He picked 6 players with Robert Ferguson being the only keeper.

10. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1