Richard Rodgers is now an Eagle

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if they went into the season with Rodgers as the #2 TE. Quality depth is something that is actually valued by the Eagles. And I'd be surprised if Kendricks was our #2 TE. I hope that Gute is not content with the mediocrity that TT did not seem to mind.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too high to see Kendricks bumped out of the #2 spot. I think the only move the Packers will make is to use a mid to late round pick on a TE and develop him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's Graham and Kendricks and someone else. Wouldn't be surprised to see one of those young guys bumped up at the end of last season get a shot either. We'll probably get a developmental guy if we actually make 11-12 picks (which i'm not expecting) Rodgers was never going to crack #3 without injury, he probably knew that and was looking for another opportunity. He'd have been nice to have, but we have 2 guys they like more athletically (yes I am capt. obvious) and may as well see what some young guys can develop into. Rodgers never did take another step. he had reliable hands, dependable player, but athletically limited. Good team player, but not irreplaceable.

D

Deleted member 6794

He came up big for us in crunch time a couple of times. RR sure as hell was reliable. His contract is worth 880k. I'd gladly have paid 880k for reliable TE depth. Another positional group that lacks talented depth and has to be addressed by the draft with preferably a high pick, again. This might be the non-move I am most disappointed about.

With Graham and Kendricks on the roster the Packers don't have to spend an early round pick on a tight end in this year's draft.

Members online

Latest posts