1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

return of the Hawk

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by sjb12681, Mar 5, 2015.

1. sjb12681

sjb12681 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +151
  2. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    It depends on if we sign anyone or not...and who we draft. Hawk will still be on the market well after the draft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    ugh, worst case option

4. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +504
    uh boy, cue some taylor swift on this one but.... i'd be very, very happy if we brought him back on the cheap

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +850
    No thank you

6. DaveRoller

DaveRoller Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +117
    Oh boy, MM just admitted that ILBer in 2014 was like Safety in 2013 -- pretty devoid of talent.

Expecting Super Bowl level play out of a 31 year old player who never was very good and who has been downright awful the past 2 years is pretty crazy.

7. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    I suspect TT and MM want to get the Cobb situation resolved quickly one way or another so that the team can fully concentrate on our ILB situation.

8. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,636
    There's absolutely no need to bring Hawk back even if he accepts a deal for the veteran's minimum.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,175
    Hawk is that really average looking ex that isn't very good but will still come around at 2 or 3 in the morning when you send her a lonely text.

Move on, Ted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +568
    Well, at this point we have only one possible starting inside linebacker not named Clay.
    We have zero depth.
    Ted is going to have to do some serious two stepping to upgrade this problem position.
    I could see Hawk resigned as a backup.

• Like Like x 1
  11. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,636
    I agree that Thompson has to improve the position drastically during this offseason. Hawk shouldn´t be part of the solution though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,294
    I hope he signs with the Bears!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,732
    It depends. If no veteran of some quality is brought in, I wouldn't mind seeing Hawk back as a bench/spot player.

Excluding Matthews, I believe there is a total of 7 ILB starts on the roster, all belonging to Barrington, plus 2 OLB starts from Palmer providing he even makes the roster as an ILB. Other than Matthews and Barrington, I don't think there's an NFL snap on the roster at the position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,636
    While I agree the Packers might need a veteran presence at ILB there´s enough evidence on film that Hawk shouldn´t be that guy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,732
    No, he shouldn't. But he'd be better than having zero NFL experience beyond one guy at the two positions.

16. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,636
    I´d rather have a guy being physically able to play the game without any experience than Hawk. I would be fine with the Packers bringing him in to support Winston Moss in coaching the LBs though.

17. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,794
    I really liked Hawk and appreciated him for the football player he was, but after what he was able to do on the field last year, i'd rather they take their lumps letting a guy that can physically do it, figure out the mental part of it than have someone that just can't keep up out there anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,732
    Like I said...as a bench player.

19. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,636
    I don't see the need though because we all know he's not able to perform at an adequate level anymore.

20. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    Wait, I heard of Hawk. Wouldn't hurt any to bring him in and kick the tires.

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,636
    The Bengals have set up a visit with Hawk for next week.

22. DaveRoller

DaveRoller Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +117
    After signing Marshall Newhouse after last season, the Bengals might be looking to add another "contributor" from the Packer roster.

Quick, someone alert them that Alex Green, Jerron McMillian, and M.D. Jennings are still available.

Really must suck to be a Bengals' fan.

23. AKCheese

AKCheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +146
    Eying Hawk: The Minnesota Vikings have considered kicking the tires on former Packers linebacker A.J. Hawk, according to ESPN.com.

I'm SHOCKED!!

24. DOCTORAPK

DOCTORAPK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    I had such high hopes for a number 5 pick. One scout even called him "The most NFL-ready player in the draft." By the end of his second season I thought he had "journeyman" written all over him. A few mediocre years...then some BAD years....Then LOUSY.
    Enough. It's time to do what TT has always done...take a flyer on a draft pick. Some hits...some misses....but just do it....and may the devil take the hindmost. Sad to say but TT''s highest picks have been Hawk(5), a mediocre player, and Raji(9), shaping up for a downhill ride. I hate to think what the Packers would be like if 3/4 of the league hadn't been afraid that Rodgers(24) would always be hurt. Geez, TT even took Harrell at 17. As a Packer fan for over 50 years, I tend to look at our new players with rose colored glasses....but Holy Cow...Hawk was way over-rated. Not as bad as MANDARICH, one of the BIGGEST BUST-OUTS in the History of the NFL draft, and, in my opinion, the worst #1 Packer pick ever. (Even worse than Campbell and Tagge, .... and that's saying something. Hawk is in their league.)

25. bubba

bubba Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    Return of the Hawk? I hope you mean in replays only!

• Funny Funny x 1