return of the Hawk

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It depends on if we sign anyone or not...and who we draft. Hawk will still be on the market well after the draft.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
uh boy, cue some taylor swift on this one but.... i'd be very, very happy if we brought him back on the cheap

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh boy, MM just admitted that ILBer in 2014 was like Safety in 2013 -- pretty devoid of talent.

Expecting Super Bowl level play out of a 31 year old player who never was very good and who has been downright awful the past 2 years is pretty crazy.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect TT and MM want to get the Cobb situation resolved quickly one way or another so that the team can fully concentrate on our ILB situation.

D

Deleted member 6794

There's absolutely no need to bring Hawk back even if he accepts a deal for the veteran's minimum.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk is that really average looking ex that isn't very good but will still come around at 2 or 3 in the morning when you send her a lonely text.

Move on, Ted.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's absolutely no need to bring Hawk back even if he accepts a deal for the veteran's minimum.
Well, at this point we have only one possible starting inside linebacker not named Clay.
We have zero depth.
Ted is going to have to do some serious two stepping to upgrade this problem position.
I could see Hawk resigned as a backup.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well, at this point we have only one possible starting inside linebacker not named Clay.
We have zero depth.
Ted is going to have to do some serious two stepping to upgrade this problem position.
I could see Hawk resigned as a backup.

I agree that Thompson has to improve the position drastically during this offseason. Hawk shouldn´t be part of the solution though.

H

HardRightEdge

It depends. If no veteran of some quality is brought in, I wouldn't mind seeing Hawk back as a bench/spot player.

Excluding Matthews, I believe there is a total of 7 ILB starts on the roster, all belonging to Barrington, plus 2 OLB starts from Palmer providing he even makes the roster as an ILB. Other than Matthews and Barrington, I don't think there's an NFL snap on the roster at the position.

D

Deleted member 6794

It depends. If no veteran of some quality is brought in, I wouldn't mind seeing Hawk back as a bench/spot player.

Excluding Matthews, I believe there is a total of 7 ILB starts on the roster, all belonging to Barrington, plus 2 OLB starts from Palmer providing he even makes the roster as an ILB. Other than Matthews and Barrington, I don't think there's an NFL snap on the roster at the position.

While I agree the Packers might need a veteran presence at ILB there´s enough evidence on film that Hawk shouldn´t be that guy.

H

HardRightEdge

While I agree the Packers might need a veteran presence at ILB there´s enough evidence on film that Hawk shouldn´t be that guy.
No, he shouldn't. But he'd be better than having zero NFL experience beyond one guy at the two positions.

D

Deleted member 6794

No, he shouldn't. But he'd be better than having zero NFL experience beyond one guy at the two positions.

I´d rather have a guy being physically able to play the game without any experience than Hawk. I would be fine with the Packers bringing him in to support Winston Moss in coaching the LBs though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really liked Hawk and appreciated him for the football player he was, but after what he was able to do on the field last year, i'd rather they take their lumps letting a guy that can physically do it, figure out the mental part of it than have someone that just can't keep up out there anymore.

H

HardRightEdge

I´d rather have a guy being physically able to play the game without any experience than Hawk. I would be fine with the Packers bringing him in to support Winston Moss in coaching the LBs though.
Like I said...as a bench player.

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bengals have set up a visit with Hawk for next week.

After signing Marshall Newhouse after last season, the Bengals might be looking to add another "contributor" from the Packer roster.

Quick, someone alert them that Alex Green, Jerron McMillian, and M.D. Jennings are still available.

Really must suck to be a Bengals' fan.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eying Hawk: The Minnesota Vikings have considered kicking the tires on former Packers linebacker A.J. Hawk, according to ESPN.com.

I'm SHOCKED!!

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had such high hopes for a number 5 pick. One scout even called him "The most NFL-ready player in the draft." By the end of his second season I thought he had "journeyman" written all over him. A few mediocre years...then some BAD years....Then LOUSY.
Enough. It's time to do what TT has always done...take a flyer on a draft pick. Some hits...some misses....but just do it....and may the devil take the hindmost. Sad to say but TT''s highest picks have been Hawk(5), a mediocre player, and Raji(9), shaping up for a downhill ride. I hate to think what the Packers would be like if 3/4 of the league hadn't been afraid that Rodgers(24) would always be hurt. Geez, TT even took Harrell at 17. As a Packer fan for over 50 years, I tend to look at our new players with rose colored glasses....but Holy Cow...Hawk was way over-rated. Not as bad as MANDARICH, one of the BIGGEST BUST-OUTS in the History of the NFL draft, and, in my opinion, the worst #1 Packer pick ever. (Even worse than Campbell and Tagge, .... and that's saying something. Hawk is in their league.)

Members online

Latest posts