1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Refs with an agenda

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by G0PackG0, Jan 14, 2012.

1. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Espn just got done remembering the NE vs Raiders game where the refs made up(or found either way it's terrible) the tuck rule. Last week the lions weren't allowed to return a fumble for a td. The Pittsburg steelers can pass block for rapistburger for 10 minutes and never hold. The short, I wish robots and computers could ref. humans are always biast. And some teams they like and some they don't. What about those twoOFFENSIVE pass interference calls on Jordy in Kansas City? Robots ftw!

2. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Interesting you bring this up when I found this odd ball blog post.

You can read more at this blog, including a new post taking a shot at Tebow

http://refsuck.com/

3. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    I've seen OTs line up way further off the line than that TE was and no call.

4. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871

I totally agree, if it was any other team, it would have been a flag, but oh god no not a flag on Quarterback Jesus!

5. PackwillBEback

PackwillBEback Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    Hey idiot, they didn't make up the rule. I'm sick and tired of people that have never even seen the rule book saying it is a made up rule. Seriously SHUT UP.

6. PackwillBEback

Ratings:
    +40
    I bet OP can't even tell me the color of the rule book's cover.

7. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    I think you need to brush up on your reading comprehension. Let me clarify for you. I said that I have seen tackles line up WAY more off the line than the TE was in that picture and those tackles were NOT called for illegal formation either.

BTW, I bet if Tebow was a muslim you wouldn't be on here calling him Quarterback Muhammed. But since Tebow is a Christian, I guess you think your bigotry is justifiable.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871

Wrong, I have nothing against Christians...Sure let's have a Muslim quarterback just so I can prove you wrong. My problem is the mass marketting scheme and sponsorship they use for him to ram it down our throats, even politicians use it, it's sickening how one man that believes in God has to be all over the place, yet there are millions that believe in god.

From that screen shot on the page, I don't see the TE lined up at the line of scrimmage, or the last tackle. It can go either way, but by the picture, it looks like they are slanted off from the left. Off sides, easily.

[​IMG]

9. PackwillBEback

Ratings:
    +40
    Nope. Tebow doesn't stop talking about Jesus. You don't see Mushin Muhammed talk about Allah and Mohammed all the time.

10. PackwillBEback

Ratings:
    +40
    The flank officials are instructed NOT to flag this. They are definitively told not to nitpick on this call. Yes he is off, but that will never be called like that. They will tell you in the package they send to you after the game and ask you why you called it on conference call.

11. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    This was a rule, as pointed out by others above. However, I have watched a lot of football prior to this game and I had never heard of the "Tuck Rule" or seen it applied in a game.

To me, the Cowboys in the 80s absolutely made me sick. It seems they got every call their way. Michael Irvin, I swear, pushed off on nearly every play with absolute impunity. It was ridiculous. I remember quotes by Reggie where he complained to the refs that the OT was reaching under his face mask and the ref basically told him to not be such a baby.

12. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871

I'll take your word for it after seeing Mike Perrara say the same thing, but I think I have seen this called before. Could be wrong but I think the Packers were called for this in that MNF flag game against the Bears last year, in one of the off sides calls.

13. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Like I said, I've seen tackles line up further off the line than that with no call. In fact, it happens quite frequently.

14. PackwillBEback

Ratings:
    +40
    You probably have seen it be called. And I think I remember that being called in the game. I know it was an illegal formation penalty, I'm trying to remember if it was for this reason. I thought it may have had to do with the cover up on the tight end, but that could have been the case.

That game was also poorly officiated to say the least. Those guys were off their game that night....and then they got the NFC championship game because I think they made amends, but they were in the doghouse for a while.

15. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Yeah, we were. It's one of those penalties that are never called with any consistency, so you never know how much you'll be able to get away with until you push the limits.

16. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Basically, what it boils down to is that the OL lines up in a bit of a wedge. The OT has to have his head even with the center's butt. As long as the TE holds to that wedge shape, he isn't going to get called.

17. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    You know why? Because Mushin Muhammad is a Christian, just like KGB (Kabeer Gbaja-Bjiamilla) is. Neither of them named themselves those Muslim names, as Barack Hussein Obama didn't either. Some say he's a Christian too.

The fact is tons of people love Tebow because he is a Christian, and tons hate him because he's a Christian.
    I choose to believe love is the way, while hate is the way of Satan. But to each their own. Let's let Hollywood lead us to heaven then instead of Tebow, that big mouth, Reggie White/Kurt Warner copycat.

I thought this thread was about bad refs, yet someone had to bring Tebow's Christianity into play again.

• Like Like x 1
  18. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Prozac man. Seriously. I'm glad they called it. I was a fan of the call in the game. But it was a stretch. Home cooking happens. Chill out.

19. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    That's an exaggeration. Besides, actions are louder than words anyway. If you want to hate him because he thanks Jesus for his successes, then you miss the point. The work he does with children with disabilities cannot be ignored. But I suppose there is a contingent who thinks that him merely mentioning Jesus is an offense so despicable that it completely negates any good he does with those darn kids.

• Like Like x 1