Reasons to be Optimistic for 2009

Reaction score
Oh yah i cant wait to see are team next year i just want to see the super bowl end and the start of the next season. are offense whould be the same probably better once we had some nice o line in there and are young linemen get better. I wanna show everybody that last year is the same team that went 13-3. If we can get are defense where its good but not great where we are NOT getting 300 passing yards against us and about 150 rushing yards a game to 200 passing yards and less than a 100 rushing yards.

Dulak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron rodgers is god said:
Oh yah i cant wait to see are team next year i just want to see the super bowl end and the start of the next season. are offense whould be the same probably better once we had some nice o line in there and are young linemen get better. I wanna show everybody that last year is the same team that went 13-3. If we can get are defense where its good but not great where we are NOT getting 300 passing yards against us and about 150 rushing yards a game to 200 passing yards and less than a 100 rushing yards.

Ya I agree. I think AR with his choice of receivers is very potent atm ... Grab a good OL-man and make sure to fill up 2-3 D spots first. ie 2 in the front and 1 LB IMO. And start working on the blitz. No more letting their QB pick us apart.

Our secondary should hold us for another season and then next season perhaps pick up a CB.

Thats a SuperBowl team imo ... err well besdies giving the ball more to jackson

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Jackson but I don't know if he is hearty enough to be an every down back. He has had issues staying healthy. I think he's a good chance of pace back with Grant, tho. If TT can get us a good LT and a more experienced TE that is better than Lee our offense can be very good in '09.

On defense it will help to get a good pass rusher opposite Kampman and hopefully Jenkins will return to form. It would also be nice if Pickett and/or Jolly play better. Neither guy played all that great this past season, did they? A more stout D line will make our LBs and DBs more effective too. I hope Hawk looked slow in '08 because he was never 100%.

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pugger said:
I like Jackson but I don't know if he is hearty enough to be an every down back. He has had issues staying healthy. I think he's a good chance of pace back with Grant, tho. If TT can get us a good LT and a more experienced TE that is better than Lee our offense can be very good in '09.

On defense it will help to get a good pass rusher opposite Kampman and hopefully Jenkins will return to form. It would also be nice if Pickett and/or Jolly play better. Neither guy played all that great this past season, did they? A more stout D line will make our LBs and DBs more effective too. I hope Hawk looked slow in '08 because he was never 100%.

Jermichael Finley might become a very good TE given the chance. As soon as he gets his head out of *** and learns the playbook, he should develop into a top-tier guy. Let's hope he matures and grows in the offense.

catchpatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JenningsLongCatch said:
Jermichael Finley might become a very good TE given the chance. As soon as he gets his head out of *** and learns the playbook, he should develop into a top-tier guy. Let's hope he matures and grows in the offense.
Yeah, that seems to be the plan. The guy's clearly got skills. Better to let Finley develop and make all your moves on defense, especially now that we brought in a 3-4 guy as the new coordinator.

GJ85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JenningsLongCatch said:
ndjb04 said:
I would be more optimistic if i see Brandon Jackson actually get the carries he deserves. I think that TT and MM are just to biased toward Grant and his huge contract extension.

Why not try a two-back system? There is no rule that mandates one back gets all the carries. Hit em with a little thunder and lightening!

I'd be fine with a one back system as long as the one back wasn't Grant

oomparific

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haynesworth will never be a Packer because of his character issues

As for needing a stud back for the zone-blocking "one cut and a cloud of dust" approach... Really? Ever hear of the Broncos?

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oomparific said:
Haynesworth will never be a Packer because of his character issues

As for needing a stud back for the zone-blocking "one cut and a cloud of dust" approach... Really? Ever hear of the Broncos?

How many playoff games have they won since Elway left?

Burr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm optimistic as well. There's no reason we shouldn't have won the NFC North this season. And now there's lots of quality free agents on the market and we have the #9 pick as well. If we can patch up the front 7 on defense a bit, there isn't any team in the NFC I don't think we can beat. There's a pretty big BUT though. And that 'but' comes in the form of Ted Thompson. Will he come to his senses and add a couple free agents finally? When Charles Woodson, your defensive veteran star, is telling you that more veterans are needed on defense, then more veterans are needed on defense. I don't know what else to say - the lack of experience was evident, even aside from the injuries.

Eclipse612

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jarmicheal Finley certainly is a great athlete and looks like he can develop in a great "wide-receiving" TE. I hope he's smart enough to understand he needs to learn a lot to become a real player. This year he looked pretty ugly a couple of times, having teammates yelling at him on the field 'cos he wasn't lined up correctly. Back in 2000 I was faithful Bubba Franks would become the next big thing at TE position, so I won't believe in Finley until he puts up Tony Gonzalez's numbers :)

Latest posts