Rating this season a success..at what point?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I take the view, personally, that any day your elbows aren't knocking pine is a good day. :) So on the team level, to watch these boys go through an epic turn around and even make it to the play offs in spite of the adversity, makes it a successful season. Just my point of view.

Well, that takes all the fun out of it. Noting, twice, that it's totally subjective doesn't leave any room for argument. :)

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't call 15-1 in 2011, 11-5 in 2012, and 12-4 in 2014 struggling. 2013 may have been but when your star QB is gone half the season, that's usually what happens. These last 2 years IMO have been an anomaly of the Mike McCarthy era.

And call it struggling if you want, but at least they're actually making the playoffs unlike A LOT of other teams out there that are supposed to and don't.

Seems to be more in the AFC this year that disappointed. In the NFC, about the only teams that didn't make the playoffs that I figured would do so are the Panthers and Cardinals.

I think one of the problems with discussing this is that, yes, they're making the playoffs while some other teams that would be thought to be in the top 1/3 or so of the league didn't; however, how many of those were thought to be legitimate SB contenders (so the Pack should have been held, IMO, to a higher standard)?

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you a forester ?
I build log homes, mostly for the Amish out of Ohio. 37 since graduating highschool. I make other fun wood stuff too. Bought a woodmizer sawmill a couple years ago, so I can go into production building of full scribes... But I havnt been able to get someone to drop a half million on the table to build one yet. lol... Soon though.

I have videos on youtube under Haugen Builders if you want to see my work. :)

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems to be more in the AFC this year that disappointed. In the NFC, about the only teams that didn't make the playoffs that I figured would do so are the Panthers and Cardinals.

I think one of the problems with discussing this is that, yes, they're making the playoffs while some other teams that would be thought to be in the top 1/3 or so of the league didn't; however, how many of those were thought to be legitimate SB contenders (so the Pack should have been held, IMO, to a higher standard)?

Don't forget the Vikings. Despite the Bridgewater loss, the media and their fans said winning our division was a done deal by week 6, so yes I'm going to put them in that list as well. Also pretty sure I heard talk about this being John Fox's year in Chicago with all the defensive players they added.

But even if it is mostly the Panthers and Cardinals, people seem to be letting them off the hook as if they have an excuse which they don't. I'm just trying to figure out who besides Us and the Seahawks in this conference can actually put together consistent playoff runs, SB or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts