1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

ranking the SB match ups

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Jan 12, 2011.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Ranking Super Bowl XLV matchups, scenarios - Don Banks - SI.com

Don banks (lives in Madison Wi btw) put up a ranking of the potential SB match ups. I was wondering what you guys thought of the list and how you would rank the match ups?

I think Packers Pats would be #1 in my book but I understand why some might say differently.

2. nyghater

nyghater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    If we get past the Atlanta then I feel that we are for sure - Super Bowl bound!

3. packattack10

packattack10 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Agreed!

4. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    I can't believe he's from Wi. and has the Packers first matchup as 3rd...sheese!

I want the Packers/Jets

5. Packrat12

Packrat12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I said the same thing about Philly. I believe it to be true about ATL now, and if we win the same thing can be said for CHI/SEA. I think the Packers, and all of us fans, best approach is one at a time with confidence.

That being said. This is the best team in the NFC, and other than NE or Bal imo in the league. If we stay focused, and McCarthy has that down, the sky is the limit.

6. packattack10

packattack10 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Imagine if they had a healthy Ryan Grant. Oh my...then the sky would truly be the limit!

7. YoKramer

YoKramer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +29
    I want to see a Packers/Steelers Superbowl. The greatest pre Superbowl era vs Superbowl era teams let us crush them once and for all.

• Like Like x 1
  8. cakoski

cakoski Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I want Packers/Jets. Just because I think it would annoy Brett. That his last two teams can make it to the Super Bowl without him

• Like Like x 1
  9. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Packers-Steelers. Would make the NFL brass happy as heck. Talk about HYPE for that game. I'd hate to have to play the #1 D in the league, but man, what a match up that would be. The greatest franchise in the league (GB) vs the Second best franchise in the league! That would be something for the ages.

Personally, It think we would take them down.

10. JCpackers04

JCpackers04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17

its funny because i thought if the Giants beat the Cowboys in 07 we were Super Bowl bound. that didn't happen so i will clearly never expect results again, i just sit and enjoy hoping for a positive outcome these days!

11. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    I don't think Grant would matter at all. Grant isn't any better than Starks and I think Starks might be better overall.

12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Anyone that thinks an NFC championship game is a gimmee hasn't been a fan that long. Even going to Seattle wouldn't be easy. And Chicago? That would be the toughest game we play all season IMO.

If I was going to rank the games this weekend Balt Pitt would be right up there with us. Man, the injuries on that game are going to be crazy.