Ranking the 2012 Schedule

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've yet to see the schedule released, but we know all 16 opponents.
Here are my rankings of the games:

Detroit/@Detroit
@NY Giants
San Francisco
New Orleans
Chicago/@Chicago
@Houston
@Seattle
@Indianapolis
Minnesota/@Minnesota
Arizona
Tennessee
Jacksonville
@St Louis

WHY
I think the Lions will again be our competition for the division. They think they can take the division back from us. If they open the year by beating us, it could become a battle, and we could have ourselves a new divisional rival for the next few years. Meanwhile the Vikings suck and that game has lost it's lustor.

At the Giants... Super Bowl Champions, and the ********ers who eliminated us, again, and ruined an otherwise great season. Now I hate those guys, and want to kick their *****.

San Francisco.... they are legit. Rock solid defense. Randy Moss returns. Vernon Davis, Frank Gore... they should have gone to the Super Bowl last season as they did beat the Giants, except for 2 fumbled punts by the one guy.

New Orleans. Everyone assumed it would be us vs them last season for the Super Bowl, but it ended up NYG vs SF (the 2 teams mentioned above). Our game vs the Saints last year was a thriller. They might be severely handicapped this year from suspensions of coaches and players, but I think they will still be very formidable.

At Seattle.... they have high expectations in Seattle, led by Marshawn Skittles Lynch, former Packer Breno Giacomini, and new franchise QB Matt Flynn. I hope we get them early so that Flynn is still their starting QB because that will be thrilling.

At Indianapolis...... to see the greatest QB to ever play the sport, Andrew Luck.
Arizona..... I'm still mad at them for beating us in the playoffs in 2010 because the refs let Fizgerald assault & accost Charles Woodson not once, but twice. And because they let the guy facemask Rodgers on the play that ended the season.

The other games suck, hopefully they are the games we win 45-7 like last year's Viking game, or 46-6 like last year's Raida game.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
At Indianapolis...... to see the greatest QB to ever play the sport, Andrew Luck.

Well done.
:D:D

And Jerry Hughes. Do not forget the longing you may feel deep down if he is still on the Colts next season.

The song lyrics you may start singing:

"Oh my love, my darling
I've hungered for your touch
A long lonely time,
And time goes by so slowly
And time can do so much,
Are you still mine?
I need your love,
I need your love
God speed your love to me."

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well done.
:D:D

And Jerry Hughes. Do not forget the longing you may feel deep down if he is still on the Colts next season.

The song lyrics you may start singing:

"Oh my love, my darling
I've hungered for your touch
A long lonely time,
And time goes by so slowly
And time can do so much,
Are you still mine?
I need your love,
I need your love
God speed your love to me."
Haha, thanks.... Sooner or later.... we have to have Hughes.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to NFL network, we have the second easiest schedule behind the PAT's. I'm not sure I agree.
Well we get the Giants & 49ers, who were the NFC Championship teams.
And we get the Saints, who were supposed to be (like we were).
We also get the up & coming Lions, twice.
And we get a roadie at Houston, who they say is a contender this year after getting to the 2nd round last year with their #3 QB and many other key injuries.

But there are some cupcakes. But everyone has a handful of them.
KC was a cupcake for us last year too right?

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints are a mess plus we get them at home and the Giants is a revenge game. We get the 49er's at home. The Lions will be tough but that's a given. They play pretty much the same schedule as us. The schedule does seem pretty easy to me.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
According to NFL network, we have the second easiest schedule behind the PAT's. I'm not sure I agree.
I've never been a fan of just adding up wins and losses to get level of difficulty. I prefer my own rating system in which teams within 1 game of .500 {9-7, 8-8, 7-9} get 1 point. Better than that gets two and worse gets zero. Seems a bit more realistic. Which matchup gives you a better chance of a win based on 2011 records GB & Minn, or Det & Chi? Both pairs went 18-14. My method gives the first pair a 2 and the second a 3.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

For some reason I feel like the Pats always have one of the easiest schedules in the league before the season begins lol. I think that might also have to do with both the Packers/Patriots playing the AFC South lol.

As long as Aaron avoids the Madden cover *shudders* I am not overly concerned with the regular season. The Packers will and should find a way to get to the playoffs again.

The thing is now after a one and done after last years spectacular regular season the Packers have to do something now. At least get to the title game IMO. A one and done for the second year in a row would raise eyebrows.

I am predicting a trip to the NFC title game and then we take it from there.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think its been confirmed that the dates will come out tomorrow. No reason we shouldnt be able to rack up 11-12 wins atleast next year. High expectations!

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
REGULAR SEASON -MY PREDICTIONS GAME-by-GAME

Sun., Sept. 9 SAN FRANCISCO 3:25 p.m. FOX -WIN 38-17
Thu., Sept. 13 CHICAGO 7:20 p.m. NFLN -WIN 27-20
Mon., Sept. 24 at Seattle 7:30 p..m. ESPN -WIN 34-7
Sun., Sept. 30 NEW ORLEANS 3:25 p.m. FOX -WIN 49-30
Sun., Oct. 7 at Indianapolis Noon FOX -WIN 52-0
Sun., Oct. 14 at Houston 7:20 p.m. NBC -WIN 30-27 OT
Sun., Oct. 21 at St. Louis Noon FOX -WIN 37-3
Sun., Oct. 28 JACKSONVILLE Noon CBS -WIN 55-0
Sun., Nov. 4 ARIZONA Noon FOX -WIN 40-10
Sun., Nov. 11 Open Date
Sun., Nov. 18 at Detroit* Noon FOX -WIN 34-20
Sun., Nov. 25 at NY Giants * 7:20 p.m. NBC -WIN 28-27
Sun., Dec. 2 MINNESOTA * Noon FOX -WIN 77-3
Sun., Dec. 9 DETROIT * 7:20 p.m. NBC -WIN 37-23
Sun., Dec. 16 at Chicago * Noon FOX -WIN 23-20 OT
Sun., Dec. 23 TENNESSEE * Noon CBS -WIN 34-0
Sun., Dec. 30 at Minnesota * Noon FOX - WIN 45-0

PLAYOFFS
San Francisco -Win 27-10
NY Giants -Win 30-7
SUPER BOWL
Houston -Win 45-14

I think we messed around late last year, and this year we take no prisoners. Also I expect our defense to dominate some of the cupcake offenses, and make a difference in a few of the big games as well.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Careful Frank, your now on record and subject to all that comes with it. Your going to be a busy guy if the shine on your luck fades. Very bold, but very risky as well. Good Luck Frank, do you know any voodoo spells !

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some reason I feel like the Pats always have one of the easiest schedules in the league before the season begins lol. I think that might also have to do with both the Packers/Patriots playing the AFC South lol.

As long as Aaron avoids the Madden cover *shudders* I am not overly concerned with the regular season. The Packers will and should find a way to get to the playoffs again.

The thing is now after a one and done after last years spectacular regular season the Packers have to do something now. At least get to the title game IMO. A one and done for the second year in a row would raise eyebrows.

I am predicting a trip to the NFC title game and then we take it from there.
I don't believe in the Madden curse & I wish injuries upon no one but if CJ misses a few Lions games I'm fine

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
REGULAR SEASON -MY PREDICTIONS GAME-by-GAME

Sun., Sept. 9 SAN FRANCISCO 3:25 p.m. FOX -WIN 38-17
Thu., Sept. 13 CHICAGO 7:20 p.m. NFLN -WIN 27-20
Mon., Sept. 24 at Seattle 7:30 p..m. ESPN -WIN 34-7
Sun., Sept. 30 NEW ORLEANS 3:25 p.m. FOX -WIN 49-30
Sun., Oct. 7 at Indianapolis Noon FOX -WIN 52-0
Sun., Oct. 14 at Houston 7:20 p.m. NBC -WIN 30-27 OT
Sun., Oct. 21 at St. Louis Noon FOX -WIN 37-3
Sun., Oct. 28 JACKSONVILLE Noon CBS -WIN 55-0
Sun., Nov. 4 ARIZONA Noon FOX -WIN 40-10
Sun., Nov. 11 Open Date
Sun., Nov. 18 at Detroit* Noon FOX -WIN 34-20
Sun., Nov. 25 at NY Giants * 7:20 p.m. NBC -WIN 28-27
Sun., Dec. 2 MINNESOTA * Noon FOX -WIN 77-3
Sun., Dec. 9 DETROIT * 7:20 p.m. NBC -WIN 37-23
Sun., Dec. 16 at Chicago * Noon FOX -WIN 23-20 OT
Sun., Dec. 23 TENNESSEE * Noon CBS -WIN 34-0
Sun., Dec. 30 at Minnesota * Noon FOX - WIN 45-0

PLAYOFFS
San Francisco -Win 27-10
NY Giants -Win 30-7
SUPER BOWL
Houston -Win 45-14

I think we messed around late last year, and this year we take no prisoners. Also I expect our defense to dominate some of the cupcake offenses, and make a difference in a few of the big games as well.

Mon., Sept. 24 at Seattle 7:30 p..m. - ESPN - WIN
Sun., Oct. 7 at Indianapolis Noon FOX - WIN
Sun., Oct. 21 at St. Louis Noon FOX - WIN
Sun., Oct. 28 JACKSONVILLE Noon CBS - WIN
Sun., Nov. 4 ARIZONA Noon FOX - WIN

Sun., Dec. 2 MINNESOTA * Noon FOX - WIN

Sun., Dec. 23 TENNESSEE * Noon CBS - WIN
Sun., Dec. 30 at Minnesota * Noon FOX - WIN

That's 8 guaranteed.

SF 45-55% advantage them (should they stick to their old game plan, otherwise you got a brand new offense that hasn't been tuned)
NO 60-40% advantage us (Talent on the charts, but Payton being gone and probably Vitt too will give us advantage)
NYG 55-45% advantage us (I believe we are a better team than they are. I don't respect Eli, and they lost their fat back. Call me stupid, but I live right below their primary fan base)
HOU 60-40% advantage us (One WR. even if he is Andre the giant)
CHI x2 60-40% advantage us (Knox and Cabrimi out? fun time.)
DET x2 Guarantee one win. (one WR, eevn if he is Lord Megatron, and NO CB.)

The Pats are the 90's Cowboys (guaranteed a spot whether they earn it or not), But I believe the Ravens, not the Texans are the Superbowl team this year. I don't think the Giants will make the play-offs, we won't face Frisco so early in the play-offs, more likely the Eagles or the Falcons. That is unless SF decides to ditch its run game.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kansas City would have been in the 8 guarantees last year, missing their #1 RB, #1 DB, and their starting QB.

Anyway, this team is about history this year.
History

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Wake up and smell the coffee Frank. :coffee: New personal at key points in the defense does equal a perfect season. It means a learning season. Rookie mistakes are bound to happen. Luck could play a role too. Earth to Frank, come in Frank.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on Rizz...four (4) shutouts?
I like the defense a lot this year because I believe the pass rush will be very very good instead of very bad as last year.
I am still a tad worried about the safety position, but am trusting that someone will step up at the #2 safety spot, and realize that a good pass rush can make a good DB look great.

Capers will have those guys playing well and with a chip on their shoulder!

But 4 shutouts would be ridiculous. One is good, two is great.

I got us shutting out Andrew Luck, Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, and Christian Ponder... 4 youngsters! Lets feast on em.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've yet to see the schedule released, but we know all 16 opponents.
Here are my rankings of the games:

Detroit/@Detroit
@NY Giants
San Francisco
New Orleans
Chicago/@Chicago
@Houston
@Seattle
@Indianapolis
Minnesota/@Minnesota
Arizona
Tennessee
Jacksonville
@St Louis

Detroit x2, NY Giants, Chicago x2, Houston, San Francisco, New Orleans. We're going to lose 3 games in there, win 5.

Seattle, Arizona, Tennessee. We're going to lose 1 game in there, win 2.

Indianapolis, Jacksonville, St. Louis, Minnesota x2. Win all 5.

Final season record: 12-4.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

What is the difference between this thread and your new thread Frank ? Pete & Repeat !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts