Randy Moss ...

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HELL NO!!!!

No way I want to see Moss in Green and Gold. The guy has been missing gimme TD catches all season and is no where near his top form. He's still a cancer me-me player who won't give the necessary effort.

We've got K-Rob coming back next year. We'll have a more experienced group with Jennings and Martin having a year under their belts. I also expect TT to draft a couple of prospects who are good KR/PR's.

There is no place for Moss on this team!

GO PACK GO!!!

OP
OP
K

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes he is missing td's but when your team is bad you tend to play bad yourself ... its not like brett is near his top form ... but we still want him around dont we?

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing about Moss is that he has always had a lot of respect for Brett.

He has been an a-- at Lambeau, but that was when he was younger, I think he realizes his chances for going to a Superbowl are getting less and less, I think a 3rd round pick next year for Moss, might not be a bad idea, he can be the added weapon that a lot on this forum seems to think The Pack needs.

K. Kobinson is not a lock to be back next year with all his off the field problems.

Even if he did make it back, Brett Favre throwing to DD, Moss, Jennings and K-Rob would have DC's all over the NFL praying for the day Brett retired.

Add a good receiving TE, and a good young RB to back up Ahman and things could be looking really bright next year.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes he is missing td's but when your team is bad you tend to play bad yourself ... its not like brett is near his top form ... but we still want him around dont we?

:twocents: No we don't! This is a very young team with a lot of talent that needs more experience. This was a good year for that experience. It would suck to see Moss's influence on these young guys.

I would much rather see us draft a good prospect in the 1st round. Moss is not the answer!

GO PACK GO!!!

OP
OP
K

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Attitude wise i wouldnt want moss either in my team ... but you give this guy a QB that can throw ... he will do some crazy ****

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talent alone doesn't make a player great. Moss and TO are talented, I wouldn't want either of those guys on my team because both them are a cancer. I'd love their talent, I don't want their attitudes.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Moss IS the answer!

He'll want to resurect his career after the problems in Oakland, and what better way then sticking it to the Vikes 2x a year and catching passes from Brett Favre!

The guy does have personal pride in his athletic ability and will be playing with a chip on his shoulder...

The Packer's team isn't, or shouldn't be, so fragile that they can't handle certain players who are not pollyanish, naive, corn-fed farm boys who've never been to the big city! They're professionals, and should be able to conduct themselves as such.

I would hope that TT would never be "afraid" to sign a player....

Wolf wasn't when he picked up Rison, and how did that work out...????

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, just the fact that there's room for debate makes me believe Randy Moss isn't worth even a third rounder. His upside is still huge, but he hasn't shown once, I repeat, once in the last two years that he is the player he was in Minnesota.... Wait, what am I saying?!?! It's Randy freaking Moss!!! Do it now!!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IDK guys, I seem to lump him in with TO. Amazing players, terrible teammates and leaders? It seems to me he has a much larger chance of bringing anarchy to the locker room and "me me me" press conferences than the good he can bring to the field when he is playing without injury. I seem to recall a game we played against the vikes (could have been the mooning game) in which Moss was hurt, and was pull up off routes, not blocking etc etc. IDK if I would want to see that happening in a Packers uniform. :twocents:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Moss IS the answer!

He'll want to resurect his career after the problems in Oakland, and what better way then sticking it to the Vikes 2x a year and catching passes from Brett Favre!

The guy does have personal pride in his athletic ability and will be playing with a chip on his shoulder...

The Packer's team isn't, or shouldn't be, so fragile that they can't handle certain players who are not pollyanish, naive, corn-fed farm boys who've never been to the big city! They're professionals, and should be able to conduct themselves as such.

I would hope that TT would never be "afraid" to sign a player....

Wolf wasn't when he picked up Rison, and how did that work out...????

You make a valid point about Rison..He came in the last 3rd of the season or so, cuz the team was really in a big time need for another wr..Not to say this team is set at WR, but I think in 96/97 it was more crucial..dont forget, they tried to get him a couple of years prior and he refused..

but I dont think they would be afraid to sign Moss...They signed k-rob, but then again k-rob never mooned the fans

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Put Moss with Favre and the results could be unbelievable. Favre loves to throw those "jump balls" that we hate so much (because they seem to end up in the other teams' hands so often) but Moss is a jump ball receiver. He pulls them down.

It's just a high risk-reward move. Sure, when the chips are down, Moss might start pointing fingers. For all their faults, the one thing the Packers haven't had this year (or last) is a sore loser or a "me-me-me guy." I'm not sure how it would affect them. I don't think it would distract Favre too much, but I can't say about the others.

These guys.. Moss, TO, "Ocho Cinco" - they act the way they do because they get rewarded for it. They get the press, they get the contracts, they sell merchandise. And when the chips are down and they aren't getting balls, they've learned how to keep themselves in the headlines - by sowing discourse.

Moss could be a cancer or he could be the piece that takes the Packers to the Super Bowl next year. That might sound outrageous but is it? A threat like him?

I will say one thing: All of the hard feelings, the remembrances of him burning the Packers for TDs, and the infamous mooning - all of that would fade away just as soon as he put on the green and gold. I live in Texas and believe me, Dallas fans HATED Terrell Owens. With a passion. He stood on the Texas star, he talked trash about the Cowboys, all of that. Most fans, if the mere mention of signing TO came up, they were outraged. But as soon as it happened and he became a Cowboy, you should have seen all of the TO jerseys everywhere! Suddenly it was, "he's a jerk, but he's our jerk.." LOL...

Not saying whether that worked out in their favor or not. Jury's still out.

Can't say how Moss would work either. It would be a major roll of the dice. But if it were possible to just get him on a one year contract...

;)

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Put Moss with Favre and the results could be unbelievable. Favre loves to throw those "jump balls" that we hate so much (because they seem to end up in the other teams' hands so often) but Moss is a jump ball receiver. He pulls them down.

It's just a high risk-reward move. Sure, when the chips are down, Moss might start pointing fingers. For all their faults..

Good insightful post, thank you.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good insightful post, thank you.

Hey thanks, Ryan. :packbeer: As you can tell, I'm still not exactly sure whether/how Moss would fit here. But it is interesting to think about.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
very nice compairasion with T.O and Moss..

From a fan stand point, T.O going to Dallas was more of a risky move then if Moss comes to GB..

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Moss is as bad as T.O. Moss had mellowed a bit in Oakland and I don't want to say grew up but he is more mature. He's not the answer for the Packers. He's not going to put us in the Super Bowl but he will make the offense much better. I don't think it would hurt trying to get a deal done but Green Bay would need to restructure his contract to maybe more short term and this would be a deal that I would want to see after Brett Favre tells us he's coming back. In case something does happen in the locker room, Favre does get respect from every player in the league. Even T.O. and Moss, I'm sure as well. Aaron Rodgers probably not so much.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talent alone doesn't make a player great. Moss and TO are talented, I wouldn't want either of those guys on my team because both them are a cancer. I'd love their talent, I don't want their attitudes.

TO is a jerk. Moss had a punk attitude in his younger years, but is growing up. TO will never grow up. He's delusional and suicidal.

Moss on the other hand is frustrated. He knows he's going to peak in the next few years and knows that the Raiders will go nowhere.

One thing a few people brought up on this board is how much Moss loves Favre. You would see a completely different Randy Moss if you had Brett Favre throwing to him. Moss is #5 all-time in TD receptions, and he's only 29 years old. Moss has more natural talent than TO and is younger. I'd love to see Moss's best years with Favre's last years. We'd see Favre throwing 30 TDs again before he retires, AND, we'll get a few playoff victories on the way out. For all Favre has done for the team, I say we owe it to Favre to trade away a 3rd round pick for Randy Moss.

The guy is not a cancer like TO is. Comparing those two are apples and oranges. Moss's problem is he's emotional, and too honest for his own good. Have Favre leading Moss, and you'll see a completely different person. Favre has the charisma to pull it off, and he'd love throwing to Moss, Driver, and Jennings. I wouldn't be freaking out about a TE if we had Moss, because Moss would open up other avenues for us. He'd also take the double coverage (or sometimes even triple coverage) off of Driver.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's just a high risk-reward move. Sure, when the chips are down, Moss might start pointing fingers. For all their faults, the one thing the Packers haven't had this year (or last) is a sore loser or a "me-me-me guy." I'm not sure how it would affect them. I don't think it would distract Favre too much, but I can't say about the others.

These guys.. Moss, TO, "Ocho Cinco" - they act the way they do because they get rewarded for it. They get the press, they get the contracts, they sell merchandise. And when the chips are down and they aren't getting balls, they've learned how to keep themselves in the headlines - by sowing discourse.

Moss could be a cancer or he could be the piece that takes the Packers to the Super Bowl next year. That might sound outrageous but is it? A threat like him?

I will say one thing: All of the hard feelings, the remembrances of him burning the Packers for TDs, and the infamous mooning - all of that would fade away just as soon as he put on the green and gold. I live in Texas and believe me, Dallas fans HATED Terrell Owens. With a passion. He stood on the Texas star, he talked trash about the Cowboys, all of that. Most fans, if the mere mention of signing TO came up, they were outraged. But as soon as it happened and he became a Cowboy, you should have seen all of the TO jerseys everywhere! Suddenly it was, "he's a jerk, but he's our jerk.." LOL...

Not saying whether that worked out in their favor or not. Jury's still out.

Can't say how Moss would work either. It would be a major roll of the dice. But if it were possible to just get him on a one year contract...

;)

In defense of the mooning, come on Packer fans. We all know we (Packer fans) moon the away bus. It was a joke. The press didn't get it and made mountains out of molehills.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing about Moss is that he has always had a lot of respect for Brett.

He has been an a-- at Lambeau, but that was when he was younger, I think he realizes his chances for going to a Superbowl are getting less and less, I think a 3rd round pick next year for Moss, might not be a bad idea, he can be the added weapon that a lot on this forum seems to think The Pack needs.

K. Kobinson is not a lock to be back next year with all his off the field problems.

Even if he did make it back, Brett Favre throwing to DD, Moss, Jennings and K-Rob would have DC's all over the NFL praying for the day Brett retired.

Add a good receiving TE, and a good young RB to back up Ahman and things could be looking really bright next year.

THIS IS A GREAT POST! I love this scenario

Chevelle2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My head spins when i think of favre with greg, donald, koro, and moss at the four wr positions. yikes!

i think its unfair to lump moss with TO. imo, here are things to does that moss does not:

to:

1.) berates his teammates
2.) openly questions their sexuality
3.) demands a better contract
4.) demeans his teammates (ie we'd be undefeated with favre)
5.) criticizes coaches
6.) attracts attention to himself (ie pushups in driveway, and dressing like santa in pc)

imo, moss does none of these. when he is angry he just sits around. id love to see him in green bay

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If TT were to get Moss and Tony Gonzalez next year he wouldn't need to do much to improve the Defense...

The Packers would score so many frickin' points they'd be untouchable....

:beer: :mug: :pals: :chug: :puke:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
If TT were to get Moss and Tony Gonzalez next year he wouldn't need to do much to improve the Defense...

The Packers would score so many frickin' points they'd be untouchable....

:beer: :mug: :pals: :chug: :puke:

Yeah and that has worked real well for the Colts.

You need a Defense to win a Championship.

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he would be a good reciever in GB with Favre, but I hate him sooo much that I would hate to see him disgrace a Packer jersey like McMahon did in 96.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I thought the Packers HAD a defense...

(Read the post a few down from this one..! :thumbsup: )

I was kind of kidding.

With all of the cap room it is a possibility that TT could aquire Moss, Gonzalez, and have enough left to tweak the defense with some safety and D-line help, as well as take care of Harris...

Don't be so literal....

Members online

Latest posts