1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Randy Moss ...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Krazygangsta, Dec 27, 2006.

1. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow. WPF, you nailed the TO thing. I think P@ck is right that we'd probably have a few more wins with him, but when you look back at the drama he's had in Dallas this year- knocking Bledsoe, ( who got benched-imagine him bashing Brett's decision-making early this year) the pills/supplement incedent, the TC hammy debacle, I really think he'd be the Packer player with the most hatred from Packerfans since Ahmad Carroll... :tantrum:

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,959
    Yeah I think Winnie hit it perfect as well..

The younger guys do not need an influence such as TO

3. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ...Which actually brings the discussion all the back to the origin of the thread, how would Randy Moss do as a veteran mixing in with the Green Bay Youth Movement? The more I think about it, I don't think he'd do much. The only way that I'd want him is if we got him at a bargain basement price, (like the Pats always seem to get) but that aint gonna happen....

4. celticraider

celticraider Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    As much as I would LOVE to trade Randy Moss from Oakland, I have a rooting interest in this team due to my favorite player wearing your colors and would not want to do that to the Pack.

He just flat out gave up on us this season. He is still explosive, he can still jump over people, he just decided he didnt want to try. I cant even tell you how many times this season he just didnt wanna go after a ball. So many times he coulda bailed out Walter, would just half *** it and not lay out for a ball, or better yet pull up and watch someone make a pick.

He just seems like he doesnt have any passion to play the game anymore. Granted our offense is terrible, but you have to at least be professional and give an effort. I wouldnt want to see him on the Pack because if things go bad, he tanks it.

With DD and Jennings you got a nice starting corp. One free agent addition or draft pick spent for a solid slot guy and you seem good at WR.

5. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    If he plays like we know Randy Moss can play....I think he will show the young players how to play and succeed at a very high level.

Plus, he will take the pressure off of Driver, Jennings, and Robinson and open up the passing game for those players as well...

I don't understand this "youth movement thing"....

If the Patriots are the model, I wouldn't exactly call them "youthful"..

And if some of you young whipper-snappers can remember back to Wolf's Packers of the 90's----they weren't "youthful" either...

So, I don't get your point...

6. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I thought my post was clear, but I'll try to explain a little more, and I'll use a lot of 'these'

a.) Youth Movement- most of our squad members are in their 1st or 2nd year as starters, 1st year head coach, 3 out of 5 o-linemen are rookies...youth. Moss's age has nothing to do with why I wouldn't want him. It's his attitude and likelihood to bring down the morale of the locker room. (Also known as a 'locker room cancer')

b.)Patriots- Well, never said that they were "youthful". Just that the veteran free agents they sign are often seen as 'in the twilight of their careers' or 'past their prime'. Alot of those players are signed for very low salaries, considering the production that they go on to have. (Junior Seau, for example)

Hope that's clearer.

7. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Moss was like this at the end of his career in Minnesota....which is why we only got a number one pick and Napoleon Harris.

Everyone thought we got nothing for Moss....we actually did better.

8. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    New England went through their youth movement a long time ago. Those players developed and they won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years. Not saying Green Bay will do that but it is wise to let the youth grow together.

How good is Moss really? He hasn't had a good season in the last 3 years. Barely got over 1000 yards last year. Struggling this year. Injured his last year in Minnesota. He's in his early 30's. I think he can contribute and is a great deep threat but he's well past his prime. He certainly won't be the savior of this team. I guess I wouldn't mind Moss here. One of my favorite players and I think Favre and Moss would be a good match but I think GB would be better off investing money on Tony G than taking on Moss' 17 millon dollar contract.

9. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Porky. That's essentially what I was trying to say, just couldn't word it like that.

10. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, if we can get Tony Gonzalez and Jennings is 100% next year (healthwise), I don't think we need Moss, especially if KRob comes back. If not, I want Moss.

We need one more solid weapon for Favre to throw to next year. All I'm seeing this year is Driver double (and sometimes even triple) covered. And amazingly Driver's still getting 90+ yards almost every game. But we need to take some heat off Driver. We need one or the other (Tony G or Moss).

11. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

Wolf DID have a youth movement when he got here. He overhauled the roster with his first few drafts.

Very similar to what Ted is doing now.

Did you make the connection yet or do you need Mr. Obvious to draw it out for you with colors an scratch an sniff graphics?

12. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Id like a couple graphics please

bright colors preferred!

13. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think it has to be Tony G or Moss. Terrell Owens is probably going to get released. It could be him as well though I'd prefer anyone but him. Patrick Crayton has great hands and is a unrestricted free agent from Dallas. He would be a great threat. Daniel Graham is free agent as well and another solid threat. Dwayne Jarrett in the Draft would be a good fit in the West Coast offense. Zach Miller the Tight End from Arizona State could be there in round 2 if we're lucky.

So while Moss and Tony G are the big names. There are plenty of options out there. I think Tony G would be the best investment but we have so much cap and because of that this creates many options for us.

14. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm all for Tony G

15. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree - Anyone but TO. The guy is a locker room cancer, and I think it's a shame that his name is brought up in the same sentence as Moss. I'm not saying Moss is perfect, but Moss needs someone level headed to cool him down and I strongly think Favre's influence is it.

Patrick Crayton can't be put in the same ballpark at Tony G or Moss. He'd be a good 3rd, but not a gamechanger like Tony G or Moss would be.

I'd much rather have Tony G than Graham.

As for Jarrett and Miller, I'm sorry but I don't follow college, so I'd have to take your word for it (you seem to know your stuff about college). But college receivers take time to develop.