Randy Moss ...

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From cnnsi.com:
Word out of Oakland is that Randy Moss (ankle) is well enough to play but has simply packed it up for the season. He's listed as questionable.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From cnnsi.com:
Word out of Oakland is that Randy Moss (ankle) is well enough to play but has simply packed it up for the season. He's listed as questionable.

Yuck. Okay, well, that's pretty bad form. :whippin:

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hammer said:
From cnnsi.com:

Yuck. Okay, well, that's pretty bad form. :whippin:

Ehhh... if I was as good as Randy, and played for this year's Raiders, I'd be looking for any reason to leave the office early, as well.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Don't lump Chad Johnson in with those two. That's wickedly unfair. Chad Johnson is a great teammate, never has off the field troubles and plays his *** of on Sundays.

So what if he talks a little trash? The dude is hilarious. Did you see how crushed he was after the loss to Denver? He cares about the TEAM; Moss and TO do not.

Oh, please. What, so you must have Chad Johnson on your fantasy football team - and that makes him different from Moss and TO? He's been the same dude for years and we've all heard his quotes. He might as well be Keyshawn "Give me the damn ball" Johnson - only much more talented. And that is the whole thing - the kid's got talent. So does Moss, so does TO.

I like all of them (to some degree), for the record. They have their flaws, but believe you me, they are working the system and using every bit of publicity to their advantage. And each of them have serious skills. I will say that I think Chad Johnson is making the most of his talent, moreso than both Moss and TO. But we've seen what those guys can do. They are all in the same league.

They can be playmakers and score points. Might annoy some people along the way.

Nuff said. ;)

EDIT: Actually, I've decided to accept the obvious: TO does go beyond just an annoyance factor. Let's be honest, he truly is a bad teammate, I wouldn't want him on my squad. That's a shame because he really can bust some awesome plays. What a waste of talent.

Diffrence between T.O. and Chad Johnson.

Quotes from Sunday.

T.O. on his Dropped pass

"Well the guy was bumping me and I wasn't in a groove. Other teams got me invovled early and often and I just don't see the ball that early so it's hard for me to get in a groove"

Chad Johnson on his drop pass against Denver

"The Ball was wet but I got to make that play. I had it so I got to make the play regardless of the weather."

Chad Johnson is a team player on his trash talking is for fun. Terrell Owens is about himself.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Diffrence between T.O. and Chad Johnson.

Quotes from Sunday.

T.O. on his Dropped pass

"Well the guy was bumping me and I wasn't in a groove. Other teams got me invovled early and often and I just don't see the ball that early so it's hard for me to get in a groove"

Chad Johnson on his drop pass against Denver

"The Ball was wet but I got to make that play. I had it so I got to make the play regardless of the weather."

Chad Johnson is a team player on his trash talking is for fun. Terrell Owens is about himself.

Here's another contrast:

TO trash-talks with, then spits on DeAngelo Hall.

Chad Johnson trash-talks with, battles all game, then hugs D-Hall after the game.

Chad loves the game, likes to have fun with it and enjoy it, and loves to win. TO loves money, himself, and any attention he can get from anyone.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, I'll buy both of those examples. And I truly like Chad Johnson and I think he is good for the game.

However, I do clearly remember reading some things during midseason where he was criticising the Bengals and specifically, the offense for not getting him the ball. I know it was out of frustration, but it's all the same thing, really. Sorry i cannot produce the quotes. I'm sure if I took the time to look i could find them.

What is it with wide receivers anyway? :p

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember those quotes, but seriously, that offense was anemic for about 6 straight weeks. I actually saw video of him on one of them, and the guy was doing his damnedest to avoid criticizing anyone specifically in the organization, while still giving an honest answer to the reporter's question. Really, I've been nothing but impressed by 85 for a couple years now. I'd trade a first round pick and a decent starter for him. No doubt. But thats just me.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even without Gonzo it would be a sight to see a four receiver set with Driver, Moss, Jennings and K-Rob. Favre could hit a home run at any time.

We can get a DT in the draft. Theres four or five listed in the top 15 so that's an area of depth in this draft.They wouldn't have to play every down which is ideal. We have a little depth there. I think Underwood can handle the safety weakness we have now.

I can say this. If it happened the media would have us as immediate playoff contenders and that wouldn't happen with any third round pick we could make.

The one thing we lack more than anything else is playmakers and he is that for sure. We need to give Driver some help without a doubt and can you imagine what Jennings could do out there with those two guys?

He does not really fit what you would expect TT to look at but then again neither was Woodson. I say this because TT typically looks for younger, under the radar types, with lots of upside.

I know he would love to play with Favre and it wouldn't be just for grins. I doubt he would cause a lot of problems here plus the satisfaction of knowing Mckenzie and Sharper wouldn't sleep all year is worth it.

Of course Moss could always tell them when they could sleep since he owns them.

If TT is feeling any pressure to kick it up a notch next year this is the type of move you will see him make. He knows going backwards from here is not going to cut it.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
vikesrule said:
You guys think this is a Moss debate, you should see what is going on at a certain Viking Forum (that is rather purple).

Two definte camps there.
I myself would not like to see Moss come back to Minnesota.

I have a feeling that whether this is a bad/good/great potential move or not; we will never know vikesrule as I just don't see TT as the type of GM that would take this chance for a couple of reasons.

I am curious however as to what your reasons are over in Viking Land for not wanting him back ?

Post Note - I don't think this would be a good move for you guys for my own reasons but would like to know what you think. Cheers !!!

Well WPF, first off there are many in Viking land that would like Moss back. I would say that it is probably running ove 50%

There are positives and negativess to this debate.

On the plus side:
Our WR corps is woefully inadequate, and Moss is an outstanding WR
(his record with the Raiders not included)
He would be a huge box office draw, and money talks.

On the minus side:
Childress has zero tolerance for players who disagree
(not that I am a huge Chilly fan at this point)
He is injury prone, and getting older.

Then there is the whole Moss/Culpepper thing. i.e. Moss made Culpepper or Culpepper made Moss.
Either way, neither one of them has done well since they went their seperate ways.

The biggest problem with Moss is his attitude. He has always been and still is a "me" first player. See the quote below from just last month

Nov. 13, 2006
...Randy Moss gave a reason for why he has dropped so many passes this year. "Maybe because I'm unhappy and I'm not too excited about what's going on, so my concentration and focus level tends to go down sometimes when I'm in a bad mood. So all I can say is that if you put me in a good situation and make me happy, man, you get good results," said Moss.

It is interesting how rumors start flying when you get close to post-season and your team has not performed well.

Thanks for the good post vikesrule,

I was one of the "very few" foolish Packer fans that wanted to give TO a chance here this season. My reasoning was that I felt he must have finally matured and we really needed another scoring threat.

I know Moss is not TO but here I am again; now trying to justify seeing Moss out there ( because we sure could use a deep threat in the WR area big time).

I actually think Moss has matured "somewhat" but it may be a mute point anyways in that I hear Moss is only interested in Atlanta or Baltimore. I could not stand the man in the past but I actually hope he turns things around for himself now.

Cheers friend !!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If TT had signed TO...

the Pack would be about 10-5 right about now....

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
If TT had signed TO...

Dallas is probably going to cut him (since he's such a great player) so he'll have another shot this year. Frankly I rather see Green Bay sign Tony G than Owens. Owens leads the NFL in drops and the percentage of passes caught thrown his way, is one of the lowest in the NFL.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
If TT had signed TO...

Dallas is probably going to cut him (since he's such a great player) so he'll have another shot this year. Frankly I rather see Green Bay sign Tony G than Owens. Owens leads the NFL in drops and the percentage of passes caught thrown his way, is one of the lowest in the NFL.

If he would have got a lot of those, I bet the cowboys would have had 2 or 3 more wins..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
If TT had signed TO...

Last night was listening to JT the Brick..He had Chris Landry on..He is a consultant for I think he said 11 pro teams, and 22 college teams..Mostly for scouting work..

Someone called in and asked what was HIS take on TO..

His reply was that inside the nfl people are tired of his act all over the place..He went onto say that if a GM came to him and asked if they should pick him up Chris plainly said...

NOOOOOOOO

He is a cancer in the locker room..

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I didn't say he wasn't...

All I said was that the Packers would most likely have 3 more wins if he was in GB this year.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

All I said was that the Packers would most likely have 3 more wins if he was in GB this year.

That's hardly a fact. It's speculation on your part. Sure Owens has a lot of talent but McCarthy is know Parcells and McCarthy could've very well had trouble keeping Owens in check. He's a huge distraction and this team doesn't have the NFL locker room experience to keep him in check. Very possible this team is worse with Terrell Owens. It's speculation but so is saying they're better.

Though if GB signed T.O. we probably don't go out and sign Charles Woodson since Ted Thompson wasn't going to stock up on free agents last off season. I'll take Woodson anyday over T.O.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
porky88 said:
P@ck66 said:

That's hardly a fact. It's speculation on your part.

He passes off opinion as fact a lot. Annoying, isnt it?

What part of "most likely" don't you understand..??

The point is that the more talent you have on your team at the skilled postions, the more games you will most likely win...

And I'm not saying that TT should have signed Owens last year....necessarily...

But logically if you did have the leading TD catching WR on your team, you would most likely be winning more games...

What's annoying is when someone thinks they know what they're talking about and then goes around misrepresenting other poster's posts...

Reaction score
Enough.

I saw 66's original post, and it isn't much different from what is there now. I deleted your post once, but you couldn't take a hint trom.

Honestly, NO ONE wants to hear your personal dislike and disdain for each other spill out into threads. Is it so hard to press the ignore button?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i thought i didnt even post it(ive messed that up before) so slow your roll, candadian.

I have spoken

firstdownfemale

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to see Randy Moss in green and gold, either. He blasted on the scene with the talent of Jerry Rice but the temperment of Terrell Owens, but that was about ten years ago. I think both his best and most controversial years are behind him. You cannot deny that his productivity has declined since he left Minnesota for Oakland. I don't think the Packers need a fading showboat on the scene next year.

To tell you the truth, I can hardly think beyond this long goodbye to Favre. Right now I am wallowing in the blessing that I will get at least one more nationally televisioned opportunity to see what Brett can do.

The fact that he's in a meaningful game on the last day of the regular season just sets it up perfectly for adding that "extra frame" to his beloved career. Dare we say playoffs?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
porky88 said:
P@ck66 said:

That's hardly a fact. It's speculation on your part.

He passes off opinion as fact a lot. Annoying, isnt it?

What part of "most likely" don't you understand..??

The point is that the more talent you have on your team at the skilled postions, the more games you will most likely win...

And I'm not saying that TT should have signed Owens last year....necessarily...

But logically if you did have the leading TD catching WR on your team, you would most likely be winning more games...

What's annoying is when someone thinks they know what they're talking about and then goes around misrepresenting other poster's posts...

I hear what you are saying P@ck66 and I would also agree with you in that we would "most likely" have a couple of more wins this season as well.

The tough part for me is would it have been worth it in the long run ? Yes, we might have had enough WR depth to score us the extra points that could have "maybe" taken us a little farther; but we are really are not ready for the SB on the D side this year anyways.

I guess what I am saying is that I prefer having positive influences on our young team because they are still maturing and looking back on it I don't think he would have been in our best interests.

With that being said, trust me when I say that I; like you, believe Brett has deserved much better depth at receiver than he has been givin and as a result of this lack of weapons; he and the rest of our offense has not been able to shine at all.

Here is to hoping TT will come through this year and get that depth that we "need" for a few different reasons :packbeer:

Members online

Latest posts