Randy Moss

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
ftwuno said:
bigfog said:
I still like the idea, even though Jennings is really becoming an elite receiver.

Jennings elite? good but elite. Greg did a great job when other teams were double teaming driver, but when the Giants double teamed Greg in the NFC Championship, they flat out shut Greg down.

well yeah, but that was one bad game against the team that beat the undefeated Pats. so, the giants are a really good team. He played in 13 games last year, and had a mere 53 catches, for an astounding 920 yards, and 12 TD. Not a ton of receptions, but to put into perspective that he shared the field with Driver (82 rec, 1048 yds), Jones (47 rec, 676 yds), and Donald Lee (48 rec, 545 yds). that's not bad for a second year player.

all i'm saying is the guy played great, until a team decided we are going to stop this guy, then greg was invisible. if the packers do not add a player like moss or crumpler, and Greg is to be the elite go to WR, he will have to find a wat to make plays even if teams are going to try and shut him down. the elite ones like driver , always find ways to make plays!

and all i'm saying is that it wasn't just "a team" that decided they were going to shut down Jennings, it was the team that in their next game won the Super Bowl, defeating the team that set a record for the most points scored in a season, a QB who threw 50 TDs, and a WR who caught 23 TDs. the Giants decided to shut Jennings down, but the Giants weren't just "a team"

ftwuno

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
bozz_2006 said:
ftwuno said:
bigfog said:
I still like the idea, even though Jennings is really becoming an elite receiver.

Jennings elite? good but elite. Greg did a great job when other teams were double teaming driver, but when the Giants double teamed Greg in the NFC Championship, they flat out shut Greg down.

well yeah, but that was one bad game against the team that beat the undefeated Pats. so, the giants are a really good team. He played in 13 games last year, and had a mere 53 catches, for an astounding 920 yards, and 12 TD. Not a ton of receptions, but to put into perspective that he shared the field with Driver (82 rec, 1048 yds), Jones (47 rec, 676 yds), and Donald Lee (48 rec, 545 yds). that's not bad for a second year player.

all i'm saying is the guy played great, until a team decided we are going to stop this guy, then greg was invisible. if the packers do not add a player like moss or crumpler, and Greg is to be the elite go to WR, he will have to find a wat to make plays even if teams are going to try and shut him down. the elite ones like driver , always find ways to make plays!

and all i'm saying is that it wasn't just "a team" that decided they were going to shut down Jennings, it was the team that in their next game won the Super Bowl, defeating the team that set a record for the most points scored in a season, a QB who threw 50 TDs, and a WR who caught 23 TDs. the Giants decided to shut Jennings down, but the Giants weren't just "a team"

point i am making is this.........other team will take note of how the giants took jennings out of the game. Greg will be seeing many more safties coming over the top and applying big hits to try and keep him from making big plays in 2008

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Jennings was shut down? The entire Packers offense was shut DOWN. They barely had the dang ball.

driver had a big game.

Thank you for assisting in proving my point. :)

Packers didn't have the ball left and Driver had a big game. What was left for Jennings? :shock:

Reaction score
There is a difference between having a good day stats wise, and having a good day in terms of consistency.

Driver had a good day based on the former, but I think you'll agree that our whole team lacked consistency. When we needed a play most, no one stepped up. Not Greg, not Driver, not Brett, not Al Harris, not Kampman.

Based on consistency, Driver (as with the rest of our team) had a bad day.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Zero2Cool said:
Jennings was shut down? The entire Packers offense was shut DOWN. They barely had the dang ball.

driver had a big game.

Technically no. He had one big play.

If you take that big play out, Driver had only 4 catches for 30 yards. Hardly a 'big day'.
Wrong. Driver had 5 catches for 141 yards. His td was 90 yards. That leaves 4 catches for 51 yards. He had a big day.

ftwuno

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a difference between having a good day stats wise, and having a good day in terms of consistency.

Driver had a good day based on the former, but I think you'll agree that our whole team lacked consistency. When we needed a play most, no one stepped up. Not Greg, not Driver, not Brett, not Al Harris, not Kampman.

Based on consistency, Driver (as with the rest of our team) had a bad day.

now wait a minute...............the giants won the super bowl, pretty much shut down the patriots offense, and driver had a 90 yard run and 4 other receptions against the same defense that shut down the patriots, and you are telling me driver had a bad day.

i never heard that before, you are the only guy i ever saw actually write this anywhere.

something is not right here, i'm going fishing!!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is just a little different look at the Giants/Packers chamionship game. The weak spot for the Giant defense was their pass defense and virutally chose not to attack there for whatever reason. You have Brett Favre, some outstanding receievers and we decide we're a running team. I'm still miffed at that.

Then we decide that Harris can handle Burress. Well it's obvious to everyone in America, except Sanders, that he can't. We chose not to change our defensive strategy. And you wonder why we lost the championship game?

I'm not saying that had we thrown more down field, or if we make the defensive changes that it would guarantee a win, but we'll never know now will we?

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Make a fair offer for Moss (3-years, $32 mil with $12-15 mil guaranteed). Put the ball in his court and see what he says. That type of offer won't impact the visits we have scheduled and he might even take it.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Make a fair offer for Moss (3-years, $32 mil with $12-15 mil guaranteed). Put the ball in his court and see what he says. That type of offer won't impact the visits we have scheduled and he might even take it.

Why do you want to offer him that much money. Bringing in Moss may alter the development of Jones, Jenning, and Martin. We've got four solid, if not great, receivers. I wouldn't spend a dime of my salary cap money on Moss. He's not worth it and he signing him wouldn't fill a need.

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep away from Mr. Moss, please!!
Why in the world would it be wise to sign a player who
did not want to play for GB last year with throwing big
money in his direction this year.

Why should we try being the Raiders?????

Thank God for TT!!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
ftwuno said:
bigfog said:

Uh.....you mean, kinda like Moss was shut down in the playoffs? :wink:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Am I the only one in the forum that remembers Moss wiping his *** on our goal post? If this goes down, I really am going to have examine my convictions.

I might get flamed here, but I really didn't see that incident as that big of a deal. At the time, sure I was angry, but now I just laugh about it. I just don't see it as the most offensive thing in the world. I understand that others aren't into him because of it that incident and I respect that, but if you have an opportunity to grab a guy like that while he's still playing at a high level, you grab him - plain and simple.
I agree! I was ticked at the time he did it, but it really wasn't that big of a deal. We already "hated" him for beating us so many times, and to me, it was just the frosting on the cake.
But IF TT brought him here, i would cheer for him. (Until he did something that warrented my cheers being taken back)

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry R.P. the guy broke Rice's record, while the third guy caught a zillion balls a game. Bring him in, Favre or no Favre. Don't tell me Aaron wouldn't like to throw to him.

Just for fun, maybe we only go after Moss IF Favre retires.

Not saying i dont think Moss is an amazing player but:

Broke Jerry Rice record?

Rice 22 td's in 12 games

Moss 23 td's in 16 games

Rice > Moss

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry R.P. the guy broke Rice's record, while the third guy caught a zillion balls a game. Bring him in, Favre or no Favre. Don't tell me Aaron wouldn't like to throw to him.

we'd certainly have the cap space!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
ftwuno said:
Zero2Cool said:

driver had a big game.

Technically no. He had one big play.

If you take that big play out, Driver had only 4 catches for 30 yards. Hardly a 'big day'.
Wrong. Driver had 5 catches for 141 yards. His td was 90 yards. That leaves 4 catches for 51 yards. He had a big day.

Good day stat wise yes. To imply he dominated the Giants secondary I feel is an overstatement. We got out of Driver most expect. He was consistent and had a big score. The rest of the team's offense ... didn't :(

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

Not saying i dont think Moss is an amazing player but:

Broke Jerry Rice record?

Rice 22 td's in 12 games

Moss 23 td's in 16 games

Rice > Moss
Fair enough, I'd still take him.

gopack0909

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont sign him..our wide receivers are good enough(most YAC last year)...maybe just draft a tall receiver and we'll be good

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The latest according to PFT

There's a report tonight from Adam Schefter of NFL Network that the Patriots and receiver Randy Moss are close to a deal.

Per Schefter, the Patriots have an offer on the table that would make Moss one of the highest-paid receivers in the league, and it's sounding more and more as if a deal will get done.

But if that's the case, why hasn't Moss already signed the deal? Clearly, Moss is trying to get other teams interested. And, coincidentally, this new report could tend to scare them off.

Indeed, a cynical person might conclude that the report was funneled to Schefter from the upper echelon of the Patriots organization with one objective in mind -- to short-circuit the market for Moss before it ever heats up.

Fortunately, we don't know any cynical people.

NFL_GEEK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wouldnt mind seeing Moss come to GB if Farve comes back...i think Farve still wants Moss in GB

Members online

Latest posts