Randy Moss

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I the only one in the forum that remembers Moss wiping his *** on our goal post? If this goes down, I really am going to have examine my convictions.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I the only one in the forum that remembers Moss wiping his *** on our goal post? If this goes down, I really am going to have examine my convictions.

I remember. That's the biggest reason I don't want him near Lambeau unless he is being helped off the field with that goal post shoved up his rear by our defense.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I might get flamed here, but I really didn't see that incident as that big of a deal. At the time, sure I was angry, but now I just laugh about it. I just don't see it as the most offensive thing in the world. I understand that others aren't into him because of it that incident and I respect that, but if you have an opportunity to grab a guy like that while he's still playing at a high level, you grab him - plain and simple.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe the Packers have one of the most potent passing attacks in the game right now. I don't care how good Moss is. I wouldn't bring him in because I don't think he can play and not become a disruptive force somewhere along the line. He is a "me first" player, always has been, always will be. Like a Zebra can't change it's stripes, Moss can't change his ways. He's selfish and if he doesn't get the ball in his hands enough he will create a problem. I'd much rather see Ted open the purse strings for an offensive lineman, a linebacker, or a corner back. Those are the needs on this team.

As for Brett, it will be a sad day if he retires, but we all know that he's not going to play forever. If he's truly done, then so be it. Let's put him the Packer Hall of Fame right away, build his statue outside Lambeau Field, and then let's move on.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:

I might get flamed here, but I really didn't see that incident as that big of a deal. At the time, sure I was angry, but now I just laugh about it. I just don't see it as the most offensive thing in the world. I understand that others aren't into him because of it that incident and I respect that, but if you have an opportunity to grab a guy like that while he's still playing at a high level, you grab him - plain and simple.

Why would you be flamed for your opinion? I say no to Moss, sign more defense, or better yet extend Ryan Grant.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bigfog said:
DakotaT said:

Why would you be flamed for your opinion? I say no to Moss, sign more defense, or better yet extend Ryan Grant.

It's still a touchy subject to some. Heck, whenever I bring up the subject at home, my fiancee' and mother shoot me dirty looks. :lol:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:

Me either. I personally think Joe Buck made to big of a deal over that on the air and that it really doesn't matter to me. I also read Packer fans tend to moon opposing teams bus or something so I can see why he kind of did it. I mean it's just a goal post. If TO can do what he did to the star in Dallas and go there, then Randy can do what he did with the goal post and come to Green Bay. Just my opinion on that though.

Reaction score
Looking at this seriously, I have to wonder how much money Moss actually wants.

I imagine he'd want a contract that averages more than 5 million (like Porter's deal) and more than the per year average that Berrian gets.

The thing that doesn't make me dismiss this possibility right away like a few days ago is that Adam Schefter is reporting this. When that dude says there is smoke, there is indeed a fire.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Looking at this seriously, I have to wonder how much money Moss actually wants.

I imagine he'd want a contract that averages more than 5 million (like Porter's deal) and more than the per year average that Berrian gets.

The thing that doesn't make me dismiss this possibility right away like a few days ago is that Adam Schefter is reporting this. When that dude says there is smoke, there is indeed a fire.

I remember last year when Schefter said that the Raiders were poised to fire Art Shell and they denied it like crazy. Sure enough, some time later Art Shell was canned and the legend of Schefter grew.

vipercwf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally would take Moss in a heartbeat...Sure, he mooned the fans and can be a 'Punk' at times - but there are lots of players on are team that are punks already, believe it or not. The thing that keeps goin through my head, is moss on the sidelines saying 'This is Brett Favre right here, I gotta see this, this is Brett Favre'. The respect they obviously have for each other is awesome.

Plus, I think Moss would be more of a compliment to our other receiver like Driver and Jennings. Can you imagine Driver and Jennings neither being double teamed? What would other teams do. Just the presence of Moss on the field would have a significant impact.

But thats just my two cents...

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally would take Moss in a heartbeat...Sure, he mooned the fans and can be a 'Punk' at times - but there are lots of players on are team that are punks already, believe it or not. The thing that keeps goin through my head, is moss on the sidelines saying 'This is Brett Favre right here, I gotta see this, this is Brett Favre'. The respect they obviously have for each other is awesome.

Plus, I think Moss would be more of a compliment to our other receiver like Driver and Jennings. Can you imagine Driver and Jennings neither being double teamed? What would other teams do. Just the presence of Moss on the field would have a significant impact.

My only concern with bringing him in is the whole punk factor. This is a very young team with no veterans really to keep a character in line. I would worry that if he started to act up, it would effect the whole team. If Favre retires, I wonder if Rogers could keep him in line.

vipercwf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vipercwf said:

My only concern with bringing him in is the whole punk factor. This is a very young team with no veterans really to keep a character in line. I would worry that if he started to act up, it would effect the whole team. If Favre retires, I wonder if Rogers could keep him in line.

Ya I totally agree with that. I would say if Favre does retire, don't get Moss. But vice versa otherwise. I just don't see him being a punk and outta line with 1.) a winning team 2.) Brett Favre at quaterback

-In a selfish way I also want Moss because i can't see Favre retiring if we get him, and Favre has always been my hero - and although he can't play forever, I'll always be happy with one more year!! :D

rkoRKOrko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that if Moss were here, we may spread the ball around too much for his liking with Jennings and Driver. Even though we would be winning, I can still envision him clamoring for the ball.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that if Moss were here, we may spread the ball around too much for his liking with Jennings and Driver. Even though we would be winning, I can still envision him clamoring for the ball.

Apparently you didn't watch football last season.

Despite popular belief, Moss didn't lead the Patriots in receptions last season. It was Welker in the slot.

Did he complain? Not one bit.

Having Moss on the field only enhances out already terrific production.

rkoRKOrko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rkoRKOrko said:

Apparently you didn't watch football last season.

Despite popular belief, Moss didn't lead the Patriots in receptions last season. It was Welker in the slot.

Did he complain? Not one bit.

Having Moss on the field only enhances out already terrific production.

But during the first 2 games of the playoffs, when he wasn't in the offense at all, he was complaining about how he felt he needed to be in the gameplan more. He still had a huge number of balls thrown his way, but I feel we have too many weapons already, especially if we move towards running the ball more, to get Moss as many looks as he had gotten last season, where all the Pats basically did was throw the ball.

Don't get me wrong, I would welcome Moss with open arms if he signed here, I just don't want to see him complaining after having a game with only 1 reception after getting a big pay day from the Pack.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everybody complains. It's just that since Randy Moss is a superstar, his complaints are heard around the world.

Even Driver has said a thing or two about never getting TD's anymore. Is he suddenly a locker room cancer? No.

You can never have too many weapons. To me, Greg Jennings > Donte Stallworth and Donald Driver >>>> Wes Welker. With Moss on the field, Favre can definitely contend to throw like 50 TD's. We never even mention Donald Lee in this discussion.

There's nothing wrong with our receivers now, but there isn't that vertical deep threat. The tallest receiver on the team is Ruvell Martin, but his speed isn't as deceptive as Moss'. Nobody on the team except probably Bodiford can compare to Moss' speed.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone watch NFL Total Access? They spent a lot of time covering this story. Schefner did say it was a long shot but seeing the air time this story got, it makes you wonder.

Reaction score
Money.

Moss will want a lot of it. At least more than the 16 million guaranteed and 7 million per year average that Berrian got.

Those numbers are WAY more than Ted will ever pay Moss, IMO. Unless Moss is willing to take less here (unlikely since he didn't take less with the Pats) then I can't see this even being a possibility.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought I heard Schefter report that Moss is looking for at least $10 million a year and a 3-year deal. That's a lot of cash to bring in somebody to an already deep and talented receiving corps. He would bring a deadly component to our team that we haven't had in a long while though...pure deep threat.

I know Jennings gets deep once in a while but Moss is different. The ball doesn't have to be on the money with him for the most part...get it close and he comes down with it.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss would be double covered a lot which would leave somone open. I don't see Moss getting the ball as much as he did in NE because we have a pretty solid receiving core now and he would be used a lot as a decoy I think. Either way I don't want him here. If it was a sure trip to the Super Bowl then maybe but nothing is a sure thing.

ftwuno

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still like the idea, even though Jennings is really becoming an elite receiver.

Jennings elite? good but elite. Greg did a great job when other teams were double teaming driver, but when the Giants double teamed Greg in the NFC Championship, they flat out shut Greg down.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Money.

Moss will want a lot of it. At least more than the 16 million guaranteed and 7 million per year average that Berrian got.

Those numbers are WAY more than Ted will ever pay Moss, IMO. Unless Moss is willing to take less here (unlikely since he didn't take less with the Pats) then I can't see this even being a possibility.

the St. Paul "Pioneer Press" has three different articles in the Sports Section today lauding what a wise move the signing of Berrian is... I just don't see it.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bigfog said:
I still like the idea, even though Jennings is really becoming an elite receiver.

Jennings elite? good but elite. Greg did a great job when other teams were double teaming driver, but when the Giants double teamed Greg in the NFC Championship, they flat out shut Greg down.

well yeah, but that was one bad game against the team that beat the undefeated Pats. so, the giants are a really good team. He played in 13 games last year, and had a mere 53 catches, for an astounding 920 yards, and 12 TD. Not a ton of receptions, but to put into perspective that he shared the field with Driver (82 rec, 1048 yds), Jones (47 rec, 676 yds), and Donald Lee (48 rec, 545 yds). that's not bad for a second year player.

ftwuno

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
bigfog said:

well yeah, but that was one bad game against the team that beat the undefeated Pats. so, the giants are a really good team. He played in 13 games last year, and had a mere 53 catches, for an astounding 920 yards, and 12 TD. Not a ton of receptions, but to put into perspective that he shared the field with Driver (82 rec, 1048 yds), Jones (47 rec, 676 yds), and Donald Lee (48 rec, 545 yds). that's not bad for a second year player.

all i'm saying is the guy played great, until a team decided we are going to stop this guy, then greg was invisible. if the packers do not add a player like moss or crumpler, and Greg is to be the elite go to WR, he will have to find a wat to make plays even if teams are going to try and shut him down. the elite ones like driver , always find ways to make plays!

Members online

Latest posts