Raiders ready for a Snow Bowl

whatdyisit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm leaving for Green Bay in about 45 minutes to watch my second game at Lambeau. I hope it is snowing and I hope Grant runs all over those damn Raiders!! I'm from Los Angeles and I can't stand all these Raiders fans left over from when they used to infect southern California.

GO PACK GO!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm leaving for Green Bay in about 45 minutes to watch my second game at Lambeau. I hope it is snowing and I hope Grant runs all over those damn Raiders!! I'm from Los Angeles and I can't stand all these Raiders fans left over from when they used to infect southern California.

GO PACK GO!!

sweet! have a blast!

whatdyisit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whatdyisit said:

GO PACK GO!!

sweet! have a blast!

Thanks! I'm really excited. The first game I went to was last year against the Patriots. We all know how that turned out...

Lets just say I'm looking forward to cheering for something this time.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weather forcast for Oakland -Packers Game day in Green Bay is 22 degrees and partly cloudy but looks like there many be some sun shinning out there at Lambeau Field .

There is light snow forecast for Green Bay to night (Saturday) Right now there is 9-10 inches of snow cover in Green Bay . but the snow that was in Lambeau Field was removed by 300 Packer fans with shovels who were out a Lambeau Field last Wednesday in 15 degee weather ,which made it feel like -1 degree out there.. There is no snow is forecast for Sunday afternoon.

There was also the game nicknamed the "Snow Bowl" which was held on 12/1/85. The Packers overwhelmed Tampa Bay Bucs 21-0. Lynn ****ey passed for 299 yards, 108 yards of it to WR James Lofton Packer running Backs Eddie Lee Ivory and Gerry Ellis both gained over 100 yards and Packer has total of 512 yards offense. The Packer defense held the Bucs to 65 yards total offense. Only 19,856 Packer fans could make it out to Lambeau Field amid more than a foot of snow that fell on the Green Bay on game day on Dec 1, 1985.

That Crowd of 19,856 at the "Snow Bowl "was the smallest crowd in the history of Lambeau Field (capacity 50,900) and smallest crowd to witness a Packer in Green Bay since 1956. When a "crowd" of 17,966 on 11/18/56 was at a Packer-49er game. at old City Stadium (capacity 24,500). That was last game held at old City stadium. The Packers then moved over to the new City Stadium (renamed Lambeau Field in 1965) in 1957.

The roads in Green Bay area were just about impossible to drive on amid the snow storm of over a foot of snow that fell on that day on 12/1/85. You either had to walk out to the stadium or use a snow plow on a truck or a snowmobile to go out to the Stadium. Conditions in Green Bay were really bad that day. It was amazing the 19,856 Packer fans made it out there to Snow Bowl game that Sunday.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the weather update 36.
It's 5 AM and 7 degrees here in the U.P.
We are leaving for Green Bay in 2 hours and should get to Lambeau about 9 AM Green Bay time.
I'm hoping for clear roads, sunshine and a Packer win.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then again, who knows? Maybe Packers cornerback Al Harris was telling the truth when asked for a weather update on a teleconference call.

"Sunny," Harris said. "It's about 85. Everybody's in their convertibles today."

Ya gotta love Al!

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The sun is shinning in Green Bay and it is partly Cloudy and temperature is a balmy 20 degrees at 11:55 am -Kickoff in 5 minutes.. Of coarse, weather in December in Green Bay can change very quickly. Right now it is beautiful winter day here in Green Bay for Packer football. Bring on those Raiders.