R.I.P. John Bockington.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brockington was one of my favorite players during his era. He played hard and gave it his all. That's all you can ask for. R.I.P. You won't be forgotten by Packer fans.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was a great back. If we had had a decent QB; he could have taken us places.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Such a hard runner. Knees up to his chin. His normal running style, I remember him running into a Houston Oiler, nothing out of the ordinary it seemed, but, the tackler was paralyzed. Nobody wanted to tackle this guy. I remember watching him in a college all-star game and was so enamored with the guy's style ... and lo and behold ... the Pack got him.

He and Mac Lane ... my god, if you loved a running game.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carried the team to the playoffs early in the gory years.
He and Mac Lane were Mack Trucks. Man did they punish tacklers. I recall Brockington running over the great Paul Krause back in 1972 like a herd of buffalo. After that play I knew we had beaten the Vikings that afternoon.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
He and Mac Lane were Mack Trucks. Man did they punish tacklers. I recall Brockington running over the great Paul Krause back in 1972 like a herd of buffalo. After that play I knew we had beaten the Vikings that afternoon.
I was digging thru YouTube last night looking for Brock highlights and stumbled on the vid of Brockington completely washing out Krause, I was amazed. There were a good number of Viking players that I really liked growing up and Paul Krause was one of them. Hard-nosed tackler, almost never out of position, always around the ball ... and Brock turned him into a cartoon character.

Reaction score
Oh gosh. I’m a sad Packer fan today.
Brockington was the first Packer RB I remember as a kid (my generation). I didn’t realize how good he was until many years later when Ahman Green passed him up his name resurfaced. Aaron Jones just surpassed him in 2022.
God bless John thank you for being a great Packer. You and your family and friends will be in my prayers.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was digging thru YouTube last night looking for Brock highlights and stumbled on the vid of Brockington completely washing out Krause, I was amazed. There were a good number of Viking players that I really liked growing up and Paul Krause was one of them. Hard-nosed tackler, almost never out of position, always around the ball ... and Brock turned him into a cartoon character.
Teams that had any success against that great Viking defense had to be able to run the ball. They were not a stout defense but were very disciplined and came off the snap very quickly. They knew how to force turnovers. The fact that Krause had to come up and try to single handedly attempt to make a tackle on our big backs tells you that we were getting past those purple people eaters on the D line.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh gosh. I’m a sad Packer fan today.
Brockington was the first Packer RB I remember as a kid (my generation). I didn’t realize how good he was until many years later when Ahman Green passed him up his name resurfaced. Aaron Jones just surpassed him in 2022.
God bless John thank you for being a great Packer. You and your family and friends will be in my prayers.
If we had had any kind of a passing attack back then one wonders how good our rushing numbers would have been.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
John Brockington and MacArthur Lane - The Elephant Backfield:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

RIP #42...Scoring touchdowns in Packer Heaven.

Members online

Latest posts