R.i.p. Al Davis

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was shocked hearing he passed away today, and I really hate it for the Raiders fans.

Davis was often criticized over the last decade on how he was running the Oakland organization, you can say what you want about him but the man lived 80 years, and I believe he deserved respect just for that.

Only team to be a SB in 4 different decades. He built some winners.

Al Davis's name belongs with George Halas and Paul Brown. Those three were Titans of the game. Owners, coaches, and the faces of their franchises for some many years.

Deke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though I am an NFL fan in the UK, I seem to have heard the name Al Davis for as far back as I can remember. My thoughts go out to his family and friends and all who knew him.

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did change the game forever. You can't deny his impact has been heard throughout the league. He scared the crap out of Pete Rozelle for sure!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Did you guys see the emotion after the Raiders win?

Those guys were playing for Al, and seeing coach Jackson and even Al's own son in tears made me feel so bad for them. I am glad they won, and Hue Jackson in the locker room giving a moment of silence, he's right when he said Al was looking down on them, and that it was his hands intercepting that ball at the end.

Wow, what a day for Raiders fans. Those guys played with more heart than anyone this week and damn right they deserved that win.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts