Quinten Rollins

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another DB? I'll say WTF to this one, lol

Anyway, here is his draft profile.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/quinten-rollins?id=2552263

STRENGTHS
Four-year basketball player. Seamless transition to football field as a cornerback. Has point guard's foot quickness and hip fluidity. Plays with balance and above-average play strength. Well-built and competitive. Can be a disruptive press-corner. Has NFL-caliber "click-and-close" ability. Good leaper. Attacks the ball and receiver at high point. Good instincts and overlaps to make plays beyond his territory. Ruined hitches and bubble screens his way. Physical and has a strong desire to tackle. Wraps up receivers and throws his body at running backs in open space. Crowds receiver downfield, giving little breathing room. Has recovery quickness and natural anticipatory traits in coverage.

WEAKNESSES
Likely lacks the necessary experience to come in and help right away. Too reliant upon foot quickness. Needs technique work. Outside-in releases get him turned around. Shows gambler tendencies. Always sniffing around on underneath throws and opens himself up to double moves. Will get caught lunging in press coverage. Basketball is his first love. Scouts wonder whether he loves football enough to keep working at it. Must answer questions about his long speed.

DRAFT PROJECTION
Round 2 or 3

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why the **** are we assembling a baseball and basketball team!? I mean I trust Ted but there is no mlb!!! We better hope Carl Bradford is gonna be good

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why the **** are we assembling a baseball and basketball team!? I mean I trust Ted but there is no mlb!!! We better hope Carl Bradford is gonna be good

Still 5 rounds left...

Clearly TT didn't think an ILB at good value at this point. He's not going to pick a guy just based on need.

Jz3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can play for the Packers and the Bucks. TT is a bone head always has been. Told my wife we would draft a corner bc that is what a idiot GM would do.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was ok with the first pick. But are the Packers really that weak in the secondary to spend the first two picks here? I don't get it but I do trust TT. He knows how to surprise us!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BPA all the way. Go TT go! Another CB in round 3 so the fringe will completely loose their collective minds.

Saw this pick coming. TT guy all the way. High character very versatile athlete who is just starting to scratch his potential.

H

HardRightEdge

I was ok with the first pick. But are the Packers really that weak in the secondary to spend the first two picks here?
You know what Capers says...it's all about the passer rating against. :confused: Rushing yards and sacks take a back seat.
So everyone is wrong in thinking we need help at ILB more than DB?
The value at ILB was gone at #62. The 3 best players, plus McKinney, were off the board.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
So everyone is wrong in thinking we need help at ILB more than DB?
Of course not, but just because Ted went after another DB doesn't mean he's not aware of the need at ILB and doesn't have a plan to fill that position. For a GM that's given us Bahktiari, Barclay & Lindsay, rookies who stepped up and played outstanding, he's got my vote for knowing what he's doing.

H

HardRightEdge

BPA all the way. Go TT go! Another CB in round 3 so the fringe will completely loose their collective minds.

Saw this pick coming. TT guy all the way. High character very versatile athlete who is just starting to scratch his potential.
He screwed up. He should have taken the ILB in the first round.

Jz3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The irony in "a idiot."

Glad you could offer such a well backed up opinion that really adds to the discussion...

TT has no idea what he is doing on defense. That's why we gave away a super bowl on a silver platter. Why the defense is always a joke every single year. Why almost every defensive pick by TT is a bust. TT gets nothing for drafting Dix last year who fell right into the Packers laps.

TT drafts defensive players like the Browns, Bears draft QBs.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT has no idea what he is doing on defense. That's why we gave away a super bowl on a silver platter. Why the defense is always a joke every single year. Why almost every defensive pick by TT is a bust. TT gets nothing for drafting Dix last year who fell right into the Packers laps.

TT drafts defensive players like the Browns, Bears draft QBs.

Loss had nothing to do with the offense, a lack of aggression or special teams either, did it?

When you don't even credit TT with a good pick, I can tell you're clearly not national and not worth arguing with.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For all those with uncertainties about this pick, at least we can all be sure that the Packers intramural basketball team has to start the season as a favorite to win it all!

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what Capers says...it's all about the passer rating against. :confused: Rushing yards and sacks take a back seat.

The value at ILB was gone at #62. The 3 best players, plus McKinney, were off the board.

Please tell me we're not somehow gonna make this pick Caper's fault if it doesn't pan out.

H

HardRightEdge

BPA all the way. Go TT go!
Let's see. Prior to this draft the Packers had a grand total of 3 cover corners on the roster. One has never taken an NFL snap and looked terrible last preseason. The other is a natural nickel corner. 1 proven, 1 a question mark, 1 possibly a non-entity.

There was a need for two cornerbacks with cover corner potential. The first was not a BPA pick because, simply put, he was not the best player available; the second arguably was.

Members online