1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Question about safety in last 2 minutes

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Canada's #1 Packer Fan, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Canada's #1 Packer Fan

Canada's #1 Packer Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    i have been trying to find the rule about a safety in the last 2 minutes. really can't find any. i was wondering if green bay could have taken a safety against themselves with 57 seconds left. that would have made the score 12-9 and they would get a safety kick at the 20 yard line. green bay then could have punted and probably would have seattle back at least another 25 yards

answers appreciated

Go Pack Go

2. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Yes, they could have. But would you rather make the other team score a TD to beat you, or let them tie with a FG? The way our d was playing, I'd take the former. And we did stop them, except for an inept officiating crew.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +875
    Yes, the Packers could have done that. I also thought about it. However, that would have put the Hawks only a FG away from a tie rather than five points, which only a TD can overcome. We all know how THAT ended, though...

4. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +875
    JBlood-- we both posted simultaneously. Tie goes to me, I don't care that the system shows you a minute ahead of me.

• Like Like x 1