QB's in this draft and in free agency.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow..the NFL hype machine is having a HARD time
getting people to believe that any of the QB's in this year's
draft are worth anything.

Let's see Matt Ryan...a young Drew Bledsoe(actually as immobile and not as accurate..scarey combo). He is gonna have some problems w/the speed of the NFL>

Joe Flacco? Are you guys serious? Flacco? Firstly, I can't ever see that name on the back of a packer's jersey..especially for 1st round money.
Secondly..I got two words for you. JIM DRUCKENMILLER. Big, dumb, and can throw in one direction.

Chad Henne. Weak arm, weak big game performances. Still don't like him after he stole that Michigan job from Matt Guiterrez (another Bay Area product who competed w/Rodgers in high school and went undefeated in HS on the legendary DeLaSalle team that hadn't lost in 11 years...who's now 3rd string on the Patriots)..and has character issues.

Colt Brennan. OKay arm, his throws flutter in wind(not good at Lambeau)..but is a gunslinger. Not much of a game managing style in his game.

Craig Nall is a perfect backup to Aaron. They've known each other over the years and would work well. I dunno if drafting any of the 4 guys up here would be a help at all. Seriously.

Aaron Brooks drove McCarthy out of New Orleans. They won in SPITE of Brooks, not because of him. McCarthy had to be given credit for getting the most out of Brooks. Brooks is out of the league for a reason.
McCarthy could get NOTHING out of Alex Smith. That also speaks volumnes.

And other NFL free agent QBs.

Culpepper? Lost all footspeed and is not a cerebral QB. Exposed in Oakland for being one dimensional.
Leftwitch? Slowest releast in the NFL. Telegrapher
Harrington? Primadonna.
Carr? Are David Carr and Kevin Federline the same person? =)
Dilfer? HAHAHAHA.

I'm very happy with Aaron as the QB of the packers.

I'd happily have him over Smith(huge bust), J.Campbell(mediocre), Jay Cutler(inefficient..not progressing), JP Losman(big bust), Vince Young (drove Norm Chow out cuz Young was so dumb to work with),
Brady Quinn (overrated cuz of Charlie Weiss), Matt Leinart (benched for Warner..says volumnes).

The only other QB, I'd like on the packers was Derek Anderson and he's locked up already.

The packers are in great shape.

Aaron will start, Nall backs up, and they draft a project. Maybe Brennan.

Cal - We're on the same page here. Aaron starts, Nall backups. We draft a project.

Nall is a capable backup. I don't get the Nall hate here. but before anyone gives me any crap, I said Nall is a backup. Aaron starts. We draft a project.

I'll be praying Aaron stays healthy.

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reality is no matter WHO we have as a starter its going to be different. No QB can ever replace Favre, and the way the league has been the last two years, you have to have a backup maybe two of them just in case.

Why must this be restated over and over. It's a given.

"no one will replace Brett Favre"

Does this have a daily quota? =)
Does it make some people feel better to just say it everyday?

It's it that John Madden syndrome?

"My Brett Favre to my Brett Favre Favre Favre Favre"
hehe

THE THREAD is about talking aobut QBs in the draft and free agency that we KNOW the packers have to delve into. THat's a given.

I see a 3 QB group of Rodgers, Nall, and a draft pick..and I think we're in good shape.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Veretax said:
The reality is no matter WHO we have as a starter its going to be different. No QB can ever replace Favre, and the way the league has been the last two years, you have to have a backup maybe two of them just in case.

Why must this be restated over and over. It's a given.

"no one will replace Brett Favre"

Does this have a daily quota? =)
Does it make some people feel better to just say it everyday?

It's it that John Madden syndrome?

"My Brett Favre to my Brett Favre Favre Favre Favre"
hehe

THE THREAD is about talking aobut QBs in the draft and free agency that we KNOW the packers have to delve into. THat's a given.

I see a 3 QB group of Rodgers, Nall, and a draft pick..and I think we're in good shape.

Isn't that what I just said? WIth Favre we really only needed 2 QBs on the active roster, now we will need at least 3 of them on the roster especially until A-Rod proves he has the goods. (Not that I'm saying that he doesn't but until he is the starter and begins dealing with what starters go through, you don't really know 100% sure what we have.) I'm not sold on Nall, but I'm not against keeping him either, and I think they add a QB in the draft, probably a 3rd or 4th Rd Pick.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts