QB Joe Callahan again has been signed by Packers

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have been trying to sign Callahan to the PS since the moment they released him. They wanted do it then, wanted to do it when New Orleans let him go and finally he he cleared waivers this time and they got him back. This has absolutely nothing to do with Rodgers.

H

HardRightEdge

I was always fine with rolling the dice with AR and 1 quality (hopefully) backup like Hundley.
...until somebody gets hurt. Then you have 1 week to find a backup. Or in this case, one is dinged up allowing 2 weeks.

Consider it a confluence of circumstances. The Packers needed insurance; they were able to find it in the guy they wanted on the PS in the first place. Having had a shot with New Orleans and Cleveland, summarily dismissed in short order by both, you can reckon his stock has dropped with little concern he'll be signed away.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
...until somebody gets hurt. Then you have 1 week to find a backup. Or in this case, one is dinged up allowing 2 weeks.

Consider it a confluence of circumstances. The Packers needed insurance; they were able to find it in the guy they wanted on the PS in the first place. Having had a shot with New Orleans and Cleveland, summarily dismissed in short order by both, you can reckon his stock has dropped with little concern he'll be signed away.

I really don't think a backup QB means a whole lot (besides fielding a team) to the Packers at this point. If AR goes down, season over. I think this may have been the case in week 1-12 as well. While Hundley has some potential, I doubt he or anyone behind him on the depth chart would have won us anymore games this year.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yup. The drop-off was negligible. He could have started for many teams and had been a starter for the Rams prior to coming to the Packers if I am recalling that correctly.

Bratkowski has the fourth worse quarterback rating out of 187 passers that have at least thrown 1,400 passes in NFL history.

He was 3-21 as a starter for the Rams prior to coming to Green Bay.

Last edited by a moderator:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Loo
Bratkowski has the fourth worse wuarterbacking rating out of 187 passers that have at least thrown 1,400 passes in NFL history.

He was 3-21 as a starter for the Rams prior to coming to Green Bay.
it would be blasphemy to speculate about Bart's true value to a dominant Packer team considering that interesting set of facts ... so I won't lol.

D

Deleted member 6794

How good were those Rams teams?

Well, obviously those teams were terrible but Bratkowski was a major reason for that. Maybe even more telling about his performance is the fact that he threw only 24 touchdowns but 58 interceptions during his team with the Bears while going 11-5 as a starter.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers released WR Dez Stewart to make room for Callahan on the practice squad.

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If AR's hammy continues to give him problems and the Packers find themselves out of the playoff race, I wouldn't be surprised to see AR shut down for the year and to see a lot of both Hundley and Callahan.

Although I hope it doesn't come to the point they take AR out, I would really like to see what Hundley could do with playing time with the starters. I really like him and he is one of the few TT picks I really liked.

D

Deleted member 6794

Although I hope it doesn't come to the point they take AR out, I would really like to see what Hundley could do with playing time with the starters. I really like him and he is one of the few TT picks I really liked.

Hundley might turn into a decent backup but I still don't understand Thompson giving up two picks for a backup hopefully not playing any significant snaps. Don't fool yourself though overall TT has been extremely successful drafting players.

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley might turn into a decent backup but I still don't understand Thompson giving up two picks for a backup hopefully not playing any significant snaps. Don't fool yourself though overall TT has been extremely successful drafting players.

I do agree that TT is a extremely successful drafter. He has had some picks that turned out to be fantastic picks. What I was trying to say was that he has not had many picks that I personally really liked. Only a few times has he picked someone that filled me with joy. Hundley was one of them. AR was one of them. So was RR though... shame on me on that one. But regardless if I liked one of his picks or not, he is a great drafter.

D

Deleted member 6794

What I was trying to say was that he has not had many picks that I personally really liked. Only a few times has he picked someone that filled me with joy.

I don't look at it that way at all as I don't know any of the draft prospects personally. Therefore the only thing I care about is their performance for the team.

Latest posts