Put The Heat On Matt LaFleur And Mark Murphy

D

Deleted member 6794

I have no issues with MLF. I do believe that Murphy and Gute need to be questioned on some things though.

The one thing that worries me about MLF is that the Packers have been blown in most of the nine losses the team has surrendered since he has taken over.

Again, we just need to Win next week and we are .500 and tied for 1st place or leading our division.

If the Packers beat the Lions they probably lead the division by a game over the rest after week 2 :roflmao:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think some folks are overthinking this loss. You had an Offense coming in with less than a month to practice and zero live snaps, along with some early season drama.
I think as fans we all had false expectations of what to expect week 1 on both sides of the equation. I’d be much more concerned if this happened week 3 or week 5 etc..

Again, we just need to Win next week and we are .500 and tied for 1st place or leading our division. Winning fixes everything. Worrying and getting all worked up do absolutely nothing to improve the Packers.
It was very realistic to predict a Saints win. But never in Brees career did his Saints give the Packers that complete kind of shellacking. Even when Hundley started against them! So suddenly Winston for President.

Reaction score

Put The Heat On Matt LaFleur And Mark Murphy​

Actually if you listen really hard, I think the heat is already on 24hrs a day this week.

One more point:
Useless we improve a ton, any team that plays us for the remainder of the season, should use
the tapes from this lose from the Saints.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could not play the video but have been wondering why Nathaniel Hackett has not been on the hook. Do people think LaFleur does everything with the offense and the OC just sits back and collects a check? And there was zero game time adjustments until Love came in. imo
I have learned to go to the Packers website, click on Videos, and watch the player and coach press conferences. Many times the players and coaches give standard responses to questions, but you often get important tidbits. Hearing their personalities is also interesting. The Billy Turner press conference was really interesting. I like listening to that guy talk.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Put The Heat On Matt LaFleur And Mark Murphy​

Actually if you lesson really hard, I think the heat is already on 24hrs a day this week.

One more point:
Useless we improve a ton, any team that plays us for the remainder of the season, should use
the tapes from this lose from the Saints.
That didn't really work for any teams after the Bucs shellacked us last season. The only losses afterward were due to Dalvin Cook beating us (not the Vikings), and a close overtime loss to the Colts. Obviously the Bucs beat us again in the playoffs but it was a much closer game.

Thinking that other teams will steal the Saints game plan is too simplistic. It's a bit like saying, if I just listen to Barbara Streisand tapes then I should be able to replicate the same sound. The reality is that she sounds amazing and I sound like a yodeling farmer. Teams don't have the same talent. The roadmap may help but there are too many other factors. I still don't understand what Rodgers meant by them playing more Cover 2 than they expected. He's played against Cover 2 his entire life so it wasn't an unscouted wrinkle. For whatever reason, he blamed that aspect but I doubt other teams will just be able to play Cover 2 and expect to have the same results as the Saints.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teams will certainly try to use what New Orleans did simply because it worked. And they may see a difference in the Packer offense. If the Offensive line has regressed without Linsley and Bahktiari it means you can stop the running game and get more pressure on Rodgers with just 4. But I would think the formula would be to learn from the Bucs D. Even though they did not completely shut us down in the Championship game they certainly forced enough 3 and outs and stopped us inside the 10 twice. They stacked the box and dared Rodgers. Now granted if a defense does not have the personnel the Packer offense will still strike. But the Rams had the top defense and we put up 32. We only got 26 against Tampa.
That didn't really work for any teams after the Bucs shellacked us last season. The only losses afterward were due to Dalvin Cook beating us (not the Vikings), and a close overtime loss to the Colts. Obviously the Bucs beat us again in the playoffs but it was a much closer game.

Thinking that other teams will steal the Saints game plan is too simplistic. It's a bit like saying, if I just listen to Barbara Streisand tapes then I should be able to replicate the same sound. The reality is that she sounds amazing and I sound like a yodeling farmer. Teams don't have the same talent. The roadmap may help but there are too many other factors. I still don't understand what Rodgers meant by them playing more Cover 2 than they expected. He's played against Cover 2 his entire life so it wasn't an unscouted wrinkle. For whatever reason, he blamed that aspect but I doubt other teams will just be able to play Cover 2 and expect to have the same results as the Saints.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one thing that worries me about MLF is that the Packers have been blown in most of the nine losses the team has surrendered since he has taken over.

To your point, MLFs offense is very good, so long as the running game is working well. Some have pointed out (Belichick for one) that offenses in the MLF/McVay/Shanahan tree have never had enough pass concepts/volume and that if a team can stop the run, a lot of the passing game concepts start to fall apart. Rodgers compensates for a lot of that but this offense HAS to be able to run the ball for the passing game to start functioning and when that doesn't happen, it becomes very difficult to throw the ball.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever. It doesn't make any sense to look at the playoff picture after week 1 by any means though.
No. But it does mean we have to look at records down the road. The Saints game if it had been in the Big Easy was one many would have put on the L side. The same will go when we play KC, Frisco, Baltimore, Seattle, Cleveland, LA, and one of the Viking games. But it is more about how and by how much we lost. Lombardi lost the opener in 60,61, and tied in 67. But all 3 years he got to play in the Championship Game.

D

Deleted member 6794

No. But it does mean we have to look at records down the road. The Saints game if it had been in the Big Easy was one many would have put on the L side. The same will go when we play KC, Frisco, Baltimore, Seattle, Cleveland, LA, and one of the Viking games. But it is more about how and by how much we lost. Lombardi lost the opener in 60,61, and tied in 67. But all 3 years he got to play in the Championship Game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware the loss vs. the Saints might end up having playoff implications down the road but it doesn't make any sense to mention the Packers wouldn't make the playoffs based on the standings after week 1.

In addition I was shocked about losing by 35 points as well.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These bad coaching staff hires are on Mark Murphy's head and prove he's nothing but a 3 card Monte player playing 3 card Monte on the fans

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Well, obviously Rodgers will get his criticisms for today and justifiably so. Matt LaFleur needs to feel the heat rain down on his head big time for today though and ya damn right I'm going to do that. Big time cardinal sins committed by him that he must be held accountable for.

1. He hates AJ Dillon as evidenced by his lack of snaps. BAD!!!

2. Didn't do his homework on the Saints defense or make any adjustments - Extremely AWFUL!!!

3. Took too long to get Amari Rodgers in the game - ATROCIOUS!!!

4. Hiring that clown Joe Barry - Ridiculously STUPID!!!

He needs to be ripped by the Green Bay Press Gazette and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel hard for today's game. And Mark Murphy must be held accountable for not reviewing this coaching staff and fixing it by hiring elite special teams and defensive coordinators.

Put them in the hot seat and tell them to fix this **** or be fired!!!

Well this didn't age well at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts