Public Own Team

Reaction score
What disadvantage do you see in the public/fans own team over someone who owns a team?

They touched on this a little on the Pat MaCafe Show a while back and the subject of making decisions sooner.
With a private own team, if there is a serious decision to make, the owner gets involved behind close doors with the coaching stuff, and it's a none deal.
With the packers, the same decision goes down through the chain of commands, which takes longer.

Your Thoughts.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't think there's much argument about that. The problem comes when the person making those serious decisions makes bad ones - Davis, Snyder, Jones, et. al.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm fine with it. Even guys like Jerry seemed to have learned to butt out and let your football guys make more football decisions. Most of them have guys that make the decisions for them anyway. The successful ones anyway. They don't micromanage every decision and if there is a serious decision, don't they already have guys in place they hired to do a job? let them.

Does it take longer to hire or fire coaches in GB because of their structure? sign or cut players? call an offensive play on the field? I'd say no to every single one of those. I'm not sure what the issue is other than people want to have one about it? Did GB not build get a state of the art playing field because we don't have a single owner? Do we miss out on draft picks? What decisions take longer?

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
In theory, Mark Murphy is the effectively the "owner" as the Packers BOD has made him President/CEO and he runs the organization. Any team in the the NFL can have a good owner or a bad owner and I agree with Mondio that GB is no different from those teams. Would you like to have Danial Snyder run the team?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Murphy is effectively the owner in most situations, but he is still held accountable by the board of directors to some degree. Prior to Lombardi, the directors were very involved in all decisions regarding the club. I would think that in a serious situation, their collective influence would be known by the CEO/President and be a part of any decision made.

Members online

Latest posts