PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't even care if people don't like the players. That's their prerogative. But we all knew what offense LaFleur was bringing with him when he got hired. Somehow people forgot?

My guess-- some people are just so all-fired determined to kick and scream and say this was the worst draft ever that they just refuse to admit that there might have been a rationale behind the picks.

And maybe it was the worst draft ever! But regardless, LaFleur runs the same basic offense that Shanahan does, and he's trying to collect pieces that fit it. This isn't that hard.
Yeah I mean most of us criticized MM, and rightly so IMO, for giving little thought to the run game. That put everything on Rodgers and, no matter how great he is, ain’t right.

So MM gets canned and GB brings in a guy who has a run-first-to-set-up-the-pass scheme. And this draft reflects that.

Last year it resulted in a 14-4 season and a berth in the NFCCG. (OK, maybe GB wasn’t quite as good as 14-4 would indicate, but who’s complaining?). So maybe we all take a breath, especially on this draft, and give the guy a chance to succeed.

Finally, I gotta believe Rodgers is A-OK with this. He’ll still win plenty of games pretty much by himself, but now he has some help. I don’t get what’s wrong with that.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers Front office must have PTSD from both of the violations the San Francisco 49ners did to us and it seems we are trying to copy their offense without actually getting any players that can help us

PTSD is nothing to make light of.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You’re right Curly. I don’t think the person who started the thread meant any harm, but it is a very painful condition, especially for our veterans. A better term could have been used.

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you know I've never encountered it? But i don't want to use the term shell shock I want to save that term for people that actually encounter or have it. I don't want to cheapen the meaning there are other ways to convey the meaning, like PTSD
BOOM!!!!! Again Mr. Snarky!!!
I object to the term shell shock and demand retraction and censorship since I have friends that suffer from such an affiliation

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We knew the offense he was bringing. An offense that ranked 27th in scoring and 25th in yards gained. Hiring MLF in the first place was a mistake.
And that’s exactly the point a few people make here is that they don’t like MLF’ s systems or philosophies and by definition choices and personal that support it...fair enough....people should be entitled to voice opinions without being verbally attacked by the self described “superiors” on this board

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They could've had those pieces way further down in the draft using the high draft picks to add talent in places where they ignored reality. Not too smart to ignore the d line with their porous run defense. Not sure I saw a single post on all of Packer Forum or anywhere else extolling the talents of J Deguara before last Friday. He was a complete unknown for a reason. It was a weak TE draft class and he was the 6-8 rated player in that class. Guys like that can usually be had for a low round pick. How much action will he see with Sternberger and Lewis in front of him? People are angry because Gute used the draft to pick up projects and back ups while other teams tried to draft starters with their high draft picks.
That’s usually the strategy especially if you seem to be in the playoff hunt....first and usually second rounders are almost always expected to start

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Memo to the butt hurt temper tantrum crowd: no one cares.

As an aside, can we talk about something...

WHY are people acting surprised that we would be trying to emulate the 49ers offense?? That's LITERALLY what LaFleur was hired to do. He comes off the same coaching tree, runs the same system, and views the game with the same basic philosophy.

It was obvious that this would be the goal from the minute LaFleur was hired. And since the draft, there's this little clump of clueless critters that are like "NUH UH HE'S NOT TRYING TO RUN THAT OFFENSE HE'S JUST TRYING TO SUCK!!!!!!!!1"
I suspect people may not be surprised by it but they offer their opinions that they don’t like it or support it either in theory or in practice.....democracy in its purest form.

You should refrain acting like the only opinion that matters is yours.... you make some good points on allot of topics so leave it at that since some points you offer are certainly (as you might put it) “ignorant” in tenor and content

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I suspect people may not be surprised by it but they offer their opinions that they don’t like it or support it either in theory or in practice.....democracy in its purest form.

You should refrain acting like the only opinion that matters is yours.... you make some good points on allot of topics so leave it at that since some points you offer are certainly (as you might put it) “ignorant” in tenor and content
At least you didn't pull out the "I'm a realist" drivel.

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least you didn't pull out the "I'm a realist" drivel.
Well the comment was not directed to you so I’m not sure of the relevance of your comment above so I’ll choose to ignore

Not really sure what context the “realist” comment refers to either but again it holds no relevance therefore I’ll ignore it as well

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And that’s exactly the point a few people make here is that they don’t like MLF’ s systems or philosophies and by definition choices and personal that support it...fair enough....people should be entitled to voice opinions without being verbally attacked by the self described “superiors” on this board
You’re correct. It’s an opinion forum after all. As for the draft, I’m still scratching my head. My take, for what it’s worth, is that Gluten could’ve gotten a few of those guys, like Dillon and the TE, much later in the draft. In the meantime, he could’ve picked up a WR or DL, positions of need.

Again, that’s my opinion. Doesn’t mean it’s right or wrong. None of us will know that for a few years.

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You’re correct. It’s an opinion forum after all. As for the draft, I’m still scratching my head. My take, for what it’s worth, is that Gluten could’ve gotten a few of those guys, like Dillon and the TE, much later in the draft. In the meantime, he could’ve picked up a WR or DL, positions of need.

Again, that’s my opinion. Doesn’t mean it’s right or wrong. None of us will know that for a few years.
A reasonable man emerges!!!!
It will be a ride

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

No, indeed Curly!

It's a serious condition that afflicts people who have endured unthinkable trauma, like being injured during wartime or... having your expectations subverted in a football draft.

Have some pity on Mr. Solace and this new sensitive fellow from Canada. They're really struggling to work out their feelings.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well the comment was not directed to you so I’m not sure of the relevance of your comment above so I’ll choose to ignore

Not really sure what context the “realist” comment refers to either but again it holds no relevance therefore I’ll ignore it as well
Can’t ignore a mod

Your going to be a joy

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Packers Front office must have PTSD from both of the violations the San Francisco 49ners did to us and it seems we are trying to copy their offense without actually getting any players that can help us
Don’t do this again

Status
Not open for further replies.