Prospects you are A LOT higher on than consensus…

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every year I have some prospects which I feel are way better than their consensus…my best two of recent were Doubs and Tom….but I’ve had a few failures or so far failures as well (Rochell is one and is a Packer atm)

That said, who are some guys you’re way higher on than many?

I mainly think of guys most say are Day3 and you’re firmly in Day2 type grades.

For me a few that quickly come to mind are Malik Mustapha, Cam Hart and Caeden Wallace.

Not many if any would be happy to hear their names before Day3 but I 100% would get it and support it.

Another name is Crumedy, the trench d lineman from Mississippi State. Long arms, high level college competition, strong and athletic. Many say 6th or later I say fifth to late fourth.

Attachments

• 3BAFA35D-5EA0-466E-9A8E-EF73F5F179E8.jpeg
    3BAFA35D-5EA0-466E-9A8E-EF73F5F179E8.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not nearly as severe of a spread, I 100% believe Jordan Morgan is a better prospect than Barton.

Also, I personally feel Magee is tied for fourth best off ball LB in this draft. I’m Wilson(don’t draft tho), Cooper, Colson and Magee tied with Gray.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Kamal Hadden, the CB out of Tennessee. If he wouldn't have injured his shoulder last season he would probably be at least a 4th rd guy, and should be even higher, imo, but he's a 5th or 6th right now. He's a press corner, prior to his injury he had a passer rating allowed of 7.0.... yes you didn't read that wrong. PFF also graded him 1st among all FBS corners in single coverage at 92.4 for the 2023 season.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Myles Harden is #258 and I would take him at #124.

Roger Rosengarten is consensus #100 overall and I think he’s a top 50 caliber prospect.

Brandon Coleman is #155 and I would happily see the Packers grab him at #88.

Max Melton is #61 and I would be down with him at #41.

Edge Cooper is #40 and I think he should be in play for GB at #25.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Roger Rosengarten is consensus #100 overall and I think he’s a top 50 caliber prospect.

Myles Harden, nice Dantes! I haven’t done much film study on him.

Reaction score
There are several players who are hard to pin down and thus have a lower grade than they should.

Sione Vaki is one. His versatility is outstanding and he’s just a great football player. How many Safeties work both O + D and at a high level. Putting up 200+ All-Purpose yards in a recent game on Offense? The kid is a universal Swiss knife Baller. He’s currently dropped to #142 on the Billboard and he should be at least looked at 88-#91 area depending on who’s available.

Devontez Walker has dropped from mid round 3 to more recently into the back half of Round 2 and I said back when he was in the 70-80’s.. he’s not getting proper respect. Him and Pearsall have been Top 50 WR’s all along imo. However if you chart them they do nothing but rise the more you study them. If this draft wasn’t so thick at WR Tez Walker is just a hair behind that Tee Higgins type draft profile

Jonathon Brooks is another that is finally getting respect he deserves dropping to #51. Had he not injured he’s quite possibly picked up in later Rd1-opening of Rd2
If Brooks makes a full recovery he’s arguably the #1-2 RB in this class. His steady ascent from later Day3 over several months is one of the most dynamic risers in the build up to this draft. He’s now #51 and still rising. Overshadowed because of missed time/injury.

Everyone has heard my admiration for Tyrone Tracy Jr for several months now. He’s overshadowed and underestimated mostly due to a position change/team change. His limited production scares people. However when you watch him he’s just got that Aaron Jones ish X factor. To be fair, He has no business being in Day 2 because of limited production and he hasn’t even had time to learn the nuances of that position. That stated, if we look back and he’s the top 5 RB from this class in a couple years? it wouldn’t surprise me one bit. Good blocker also. Tyrone reminds me of a young, slightly smaller but faster version of our own, James Starks.

Last edited:

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score

I saw a mock draft today that had Green Bay drafting Rosengarten at pick #25

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoa! Not criticizing or disagreeing, but what is it you see there? I know a LB of his type is a very high priority, but is he really the kind of guy Gute would take in Round 1? What are we all missing?

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoa! Not criticizing or disagreeing, but what is it you see there? I know a LB of his type is a very high priority, but is he really the kind of guy Gute would take in Round 1? What are we all missing?

He is every bit of a prospect profile that Quay is truly...and Gute has proven he values that prior.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Every year I have some prospects which I feel are way better than their consensus…my best two of recent were Doubs and Tom….but I’ve had a few failures or so far failures as well (Rochell is one and is a Packer atm)

That said, who are some guys you’re way higher on than many?

I mainly think of guys most say are Day3 and you’re firmly in Day2 type grades.

For me a few that quickly come to mind are Malik Mustapha, Cam Hart and Caeden Wallace.

Not many if any would be happy to hear their names before Day3 but I 100% would get it and support it.

Another name is Crumedy, the trench d lineman from Mississippi State. Long arms, high level college competition, strong and athletic. Many say 6th or later I say fifth to late fourth.
I tend to like the North Dakota and South Dakota linemen better than the draft boards indicate. I don't necessarily think they are all future all-pro players but I think a large percentage of them possess a strong work ethic and perseverance that translates well into becoming very functional pro players that become very useful to teams with some development.

Also guys with strong wrestling backgrounds. They innately understand balance and leverage techniques and know how to move large bodies.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Duly noted. :cool:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps what we are all missing is that we are all amateurs, including those that make up the consensus draft board.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tend to like the North Dakota and South Dakota linemen better than the draft boards indicate. I don't necessarily think they are all future all-pro players but I think a large percentage of them possess a strong work ethic and perseverance that translates well into becoming very functional pro players that become very useful to teams with some development.

Also guys with strong wrestling backgrounds. They innately understand balance and leverage techniques and know how to move large bodies.
So you like Sundell like me for Day 3 as well?!

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which bodes the question. Has Quay proven Gute to be correct?

My personal worthless opinion - undecided is the only way I could answer that. I believe presently there is numerous ways in which to argue he has and also argue he has not. Quay is entering a massive year in his projection as a NFL player.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps what we are all missing is that we are all amateurs, including those that make up the consensus draft board.
In the year we drafted Quay Walker, the No. 1 concensus LB was Nakobe Dean (Quays teammate). Quay was a 3rd round prospect (although he moved up very late in the process) and Dean was seen as a probable 1sr rounder.

Quay went in the first and Dean went in the 3rd.

Dean has 43 tackles in 22 games and 0.5 sacks 0 picks

Quay has 239 tackles in 34 games and 4 sacks And a pick 6.

I think about that and sort of expect some names we don't expect.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the year we drafted Quay Walker, the No. 1 concensus LB was Nakobe Dean (Quays teammate). Quay was a 3rd round prospect (although he moved up very late in the process) and Dean was seen as a probable 1sr rounder.

Quay went in the first and Dean went in the 3rd.

Dean has 43 tackles in 22 games and 0.5 sacks 0 picks

Quay has 239 tackles in 34 games and 4 sacks And a pick 6.

I think about that and sort of expect some names we don't expect.

Yup! I am in the camp Gute is going to **** some folks off with his off ball selection possibly being a Trevin Wallace or a Curtis Jacobs type way before many assume he should.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup! I am in the camp Gute is going to **** some folks off with his off ball selection possibly being a Trevin Wallace or a Curtis Jacobs type way before many assume he should.
No draft would be complete without some of our infamous resident draft geniuses proclaiming our GM doesn't know what he is doing and needs to be fired immediately. Lol

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is every bit of a prospect profile that Quay is truly...and Gute has proven he values that prior.
Damn. That's a great observation. Just out of curiosity, I pulled up both their draft profiles in side-by-side tabs, and flipped back and forth between them. 90% of Cooper's profile might as well have been copied and pasted from Walker's; it was like it was two different sites analyzing the same player and just using slightly dfferent wording.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Damn. That's a great observation. Just out of curiosity, I pulled up both their draft profiles in side-by-side tabs, and flipped back and forth between them. 90% of Cooper's profile might as well have been copied and pasted from Walker's; it was like it was two different sites analyzing the same player and just using slightly dfferent wording.
Which leads me to feel they may go with a different profile, unless you plan on making one of them the Mike, or drafting one later to fill that role. However, if you do, one of them will have to come off when you play nickel, as the Mike will stay on the field. I dont have the article or sound bite where I read/heard this, but Cooper said he would prefer to play the Will if given a choice, because it let's him play to his strengths... I would think Quay would second that for himself.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You keep pointing that out as if it's something you think nobody realizes. I don't think there's a single person here who is not fully aware of it.
Just wait, it's almost guaranteed. We have folks here that will call Gute a moron because the player he picked could have been selected 2 rounds later.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which bodes the question. Has Quay proven Gute to be correct?
That first year looked a little iffy. The talent was clearly there, and the ability, but he had some serious maturity issues, occasional poor judgment in the heat of the moment. Some pretty stupid and costly penalties, a few more impulsive moments that came close to drawing flags... but LaFleur believed in him, worked with him, and while he still had a couple of flareups his second year, he showed a real determination to improve.

I respect that a lot. I'm looking forward to his progress this year. I just wish we could find someone else to stick the green dot on the back of their helmet; I don't have a lot of faith in him.

Members online

Latest posts