1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Props to Packer fans

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Cdnfavrefan, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been to the Pack games in the Dome for the last six years and usually cheesehead nation travels well making up about 20 000 fans, but no doubt this time the crowd was split 50/50. Often the Vikes were drowned out by chants of "Go Pack Go" Even they were gaining off our passion for Favre. I was watching news after the game and they said it was by far the best day scalpers have had ever for a game at the metrodome. His final quote was the funniest when he said " and they needed it cause the rest of the season will prove frugal" Sucks to be a scalper in the land of the vikings. There's a job that can't put to much food on the table. Only the Packers can help them. They said tickets were going for up to 500$. Well done traveling Pack fans.

2. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187
    There certainly were a hell of a lot of Pack fans yesterday! I mean, all cheers when Brett broke the record! It was ridiculous! If you were listening to the radio, you probably couldn't tell based on crowd noise whether it was a good play for the Pack or the Queens!

Man, wish I would have gone! That's really awesome though, props to Pack nation :D :D :D :D

3. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was cool to see a ton of Vikings fans clapping for Favre when he broke the record. It's cool to see that even though it's a huge rivalry that there is respect.

4. ttsather

ttsather Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Listening to Wayne and Larry on the radio (and, w/ my cable box delaying the TV feed by about 2 seconds), I remember distinctly that I thought the Jennings TD was a pick due to the crowd noise, then hearing it was a TD and a second later seeing the catch.

Pretty amazing 3-second roller coaster of emotion.

5. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would have loved to have been there. This respect shown for Brett by another crowd never ceases to amaze me. I just took a trip down memory lane to the Oakland game ( which will always be his defining moment to me ) and remember that crowd cheering Brett on even though Oakland was being blown away. Simply amazing the emotions he has stirred in people over the years !!!

As for Packer fans in General, biased as I am, I still believe we are the best :wink:

6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,479
    Had same issue late rin the game..

I was at a party and outside watching it..Inside people watching it but had a delay..they would hear us scream and yell and would know something good was coming

7. DakotaT

DakotaT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It was awesome being there for Favres record. I was amazed at how many Packer fans were there. The place got really noisy on most third downs. When the Packers went up fourteen in the fourth quarter, the Viking fans filed out of the stadium, and that was a very cool moment. When Jennings caught 421, it was a moment I will never forget. To their credit the Viking fans were very cordial.