Props to Packer fans

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been to the Pack games in the Dome for the last six years and usually cheesehead nation travels well making up about 20 000 fans, but no doubt this time the crowd was split 50/50. Often the Vikes were drowned out by chants of "Go Pack Go" Even they were gaining off our passion for Favre. I was watching news after the game and they said it was by far the best day scalpers have had ever for a game at the metrodome. His final quote was the funniest when he said " and they needed it cause the rest of the season will prove frugal" Sucks to be a scalper in the land of the vikings. There's a job that can't put to much food on the table. Only the Packers can help them. They said tickets were going for up to 500$. Well done traveling Pack fans.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
There certainly were a hell of a lot of Pack fans yesterday! I mean, all cheers when Brett broke the record! It was ridiculous! If you were listening to the radio, you probably couldn't tell based on crowd noise whether it was a good play for the Pack or the Queens!

Man, wish I would have gone! That's really awesome though, props to Pack nation :D :D :D :D

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was cool to see a ton of Vikings fans clapping for Favre when he broke the record. It's cool to see that even though it's a huge rivalry that there is respect.

ttsather

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:
There certainly were a hell of a lot of Pack fans yesterday! I mean, all cheers when Brett broke the record! It was ridiculous! If you were listening to the radio, you probably couldn't tell based on crowd noise whether it was a good play for the Pack or the Queens!

Man, wish I would have gone! That's really awesome though, props to Pack nation :D :D :D :D

Listening to Wayne and Larry on the radio (and, w/ my cable box delaying the TV feed by about 2 seconds), I remember distinctly that I thought the Jennings TD was a pick due to the crowd noise, then hearing it was a TD and a second later seeing the catch.

Pretty amazing 3-second roller coaster of emotion.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was cool to see a ton of Vikings fans clapping for Favre when he broke the record. It's cool to see that even though it's a huge rivalry that there is respect.

I would have loved to have been there. This respect shown for Brett by another crowd never ceases to amaze me. I just took a trip down memory lane to the Oakland game ( which will always be his defining moment to me ) and remember that crowd cheering Brett on even though Oakland was being blown away. Simply amazing the emotions he has stirred in people over the years !!!

As for Packer fans in General, biased as I am, I still believe we are the best :wink:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:

Listening to Wayne and Larry on the radio (and, w/ my cable box delaying the TV feed by about 2 seconds), I remember distinctly that I thought the Jennings TD was a pick due to the crowd noise, then hearing it was a TD and a second later seeing the catch.

Pretty amazing 3-second roller coaster of emotion.

Had same issue late rin the game..

I was at a party and outside watching it..Inside people watching it but had a delay..they would hear us scream and yell and would know something good was coming

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was awesome being there for Favres record. I was amazed at how many Packer fans were there. The place got really noisy on most third downs. When the Packers went up fourteen in the fourth quarter, the Viking fans filed out of the stadium, and that was a very cool moment. When Jennings caught 421, it was a moment I will never forget. To their credit the Viking fans were very cordial.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts