Projecting the 53 Man Roster

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The amount of disrespect given to these rookies is just laughable.

Had that been Blake Martinez or Oren Burks:

Martinez makes the play: "Now that's what an NFL Starting ILB looks like!!!!"

Burks makes the play: "Watch out Bears, Burks is finally ready to go!!!!"

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

While I understand your notion, there is a big difference between a proven starter and a Rookie making a big play. One has probably had many solid plays during their NFL career, the other, this might have been their first after many mistakes.

If every rookie automatically made the 53 based on one play, cut downs would be very difficult. I always fall back on the fact that the coaches are seeing so much more than us casual fans see. They are watching players at practice, on film, in the locker room and on and on.

H

HardRightEdge

I would not have said that regardless of who was involved.

H

HardRightEdge

That snag and scamper was confirmation that Ty once again positioned himself to make a play....
Nobody is positioned to make a play on a hit-and-flutter. It's luck. And one would expect him to run to the open field since that's where he was facing when he caught it. I'm not inclined to give credit for not ******** up. We knew he was pretty fast for an ILB, so nothing learned there.

As I said, my takeaway is Summers does not have stone hands. That's a little sumpin' sumpin' for an ILB but not a make or break.

I've got him on list to make the team but I don't see any point in making more out something than what is there.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really not sure where you are getting your stats from. While Crosby had a very off year in 2012 (7 seasons ago), he was not at 50% as you report, he was 21 of 33 for a 63.6% ave. and perfect on XP's. He also followed that up in 2013 with a 89.2% ave., not 82%.

This is also a competition between Mason Crosby and Sam Ficken, Robbie Gould is not an option. This is Fickens 5th year in the NFL and he has attempted 6 career FG's, 3 of which he missed. Sorry, but you might be able to convince me that Crosby is overpaid, but you can't convince me that Sam Ficken is the guy I would choose over him.

Those numbers didn't add up to me either dude, as the same site listed the 63.3% average.... I'm not here to get into pissing matches on the verification of stats, etc. Really, we're just bashing ideas around together on our favorite team. Know I do appreciate your pointing that out though. I try to find as much sound info on all of our players and discussions best I can, and some days, your best is better than others. Cheers!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Those numbers didn't add up to me either dude, as the same site listed the 63.3% average.... I'm not here to get into pissing matches on the verification of stats, etc. Really, we're just bashing ideas around together on our favorite team. Know I do appreciate your pointing that out though. I try to find as much sound info on all of our players and discussions best I can, and some days, your best is better than others. Cheers!

Agree. I do think it's important though, at least for me, to look at facts in trying to make an argument. People who toss out random stats, that aren't even correct, pretty much tell me that they are trying to make a point, one that they believe to be correct, despite their facts being off.

As far as Crosby goes, I could really care less about what he did 7 years ago, if anything, he had the resiliency to come back and have a pretty good career. Is he overpaid? Probably, but in the NFL you kind of have 2 choices at K, pay a guy minimum and hope for the best or pay a proven vet somewhere in the top 15 range and hope he continues to perform like a vet.

I was open to the Packers drafting a K to compete W/Crosby and shook my head when Ficken was signed. Despite his strong leg, I just don't have any confidence in Ficken, nor do I think he is better than Mason Crosby.

EDIT: Just saw that Ficken has been released.

Last edited:

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Crosby wins. Good for Mason. I'm sure Aaron Rodgers is happy to have his bud along for this ride too.

Also, believe me dude, I do try my best to get accurate info to corroborate a view in all of our discussions. It's just that sometimes you don't have the time to check all sites to insure accuracy and all that ****. Really, we shouldn't be treating these discussions like it's a courtroom, and instead attempt to show some grace in all of this when responding to others.

It's a football fan forum.

Been in these forums for decades - actually since the very first Packers forum ever, and the beat downs on that kind of stuff I find quite repelling. You know? Just have fun. We're all kicking stuff around, and I appreciate others views and takes. Allows for a more expansive approach and experience. Makes this whole thing more fun for everybody.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's luck
There’s a
Bottom line with Daniels, it wasn't about his past, but about his future. Much like Jordy, he was a likable guy, BUT....his time was up and the Packers felt that they had younger, cheaper options.
Yeah, Keke and Montravious are both examples and if either one of them shows even slight improvement from what we've already seen in preliminary action? Daniels departure could be a defining transaction, one that also allows us the option to go after a FA veteran ILB to fit next to Martinez.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB
Rodgers
Kizer
Boyle

RB
Jones
J. Williams

T. Carson

FB
Vitale

WR
Adams
Valdez-Scantling
Allison
Kumerow
Shepherd
Davis

St. Brown(IR)

TE
Graham
Tonyan
Lewis
Sternberger

Baylis

OT
Bahktiari
Bulaga
Light

OG
Turner
Taylor
Jenkins

McCray

C
Linsley

DL
Clark
Lowry
Lancaster
Keke
Adams

OLB
Z. Smith
P. Smith
Fackrell
Gary

ILB
Martinez
Summers
Bolton(IR)
Burks

CB
Alexander
King
Williams
Brown
Jackson
Hollman

S
Amos
Savage
Greene
Campbell(PUP)

K
Crosby

P
Scott

LS
Bradley

Practice Squad
D. Williams
Lazard
Nijman

Madison
Ramsey
Jones
Folston

Looney
Brown
Sullivan

53 correctly guessed in green.
6 correctly guessed but on the wrong side of the roster.
4 guessed incorrectly.

Next time you want to play the lottery let me know, I take a 40% cut.

Last edited:
Reaction score
4 guessed incorrectly.

Amos
Savage
Greene
Campbell(PUP)

Did Will Redmond pass away? :whistling:

Oh. I just realized you’re playing the lottery and negotiating with yourself! Nicely done! :tup:

Last edited:

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4 guessed incorrectly.

Dude, that’s really well done. I went out on a limb a bit but glad 47 of my 53 are on roster/PS. Really wishing it was 48 w M Jones.

Great job!

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have another roster spot to fill with Jace hitting IR. I wonder what happens with that?

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, my bad. THX. I totally spaced that. He's not listed on the roster yet. I wonder if Markus Jones comes back onto our PS?

Read somewhere on the twitter machine late last night they were afraid of losing Lazard off their PS to another team. Can't recall the source.

Last edited: