"Primetime" says Cutler quit, he "tapped out".

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reminds me of our former QB in the Cowboy game 2007. I think Bob McGinn wrote that the entire coaching staff was furious with him after that game. Rodgers almost won it, which probably showed the coaches he was the man of the future.

Nick 52

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must admit ......... I prefer my players to want to stay in the game. Now if the coaches then take him out of the game because the injury prevents him playing to an exceptable level, well that's fine, but I want the player to want to play.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no criticism for Cutler regarding not playing. He was hurt and he came back in to play after they said he couldn't. He did. They gave him a shot and then they shut him down.

The criticism I have for him is in regards to his sideline demeanor. That's not how you act after being injured in a big game. You don't sit and pout and drag your team down. You have to be a cheerleader. Like Driver. And Woodson. That's the right way to do it. Help your team in any way you can.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I don't believe Cutler gave up after he was injured. I think he gave up after the first quarter.

Go back to that game. The game was already over for him by the 2nd quarter. Every play he was hanging his head down like he was so ready to get the day over with. Had Jay Cutler came back into that game, they STILL WOULD HAVE LOST. I get tired of hearing this "They lost because of Cutler" from most media and Chicago fans. When you get out played by a 3rd string quarterback who puts more effort into a game than you, you should be ashamed of yourself. Cutler did not even hit 50% of his passes, and while Hannie threw picks he still managed to complete more passes than Cutler. If you were the coach of the Chicago Bears and seen how bad he was struggling and forcing the ball around, would you have kept him out of the game with an injury excuse? I think I would have, cause there was no way he was helping them. Jay Cutler helped his team the most by sitting out.

Face it, had Cutler came back they still would have lost; and I'll go as far as saying we also still would have shut them out 24 to 0 had he came back.

PackersPete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think, "You've been Munsoned" is out and has been replaced by, "You've been Cutlered". :laughing:

*Bonus points if you get the reference

Members online

Latest posts