Preseason

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got the NFL ticket but they don't televise preseason games.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Clarify: If one of the local GreenBay TV channels puts a link on their web page to watch it, is that banned here? Can I say go to channel xyz . com and click on the link there? I haven't looked to see if they do but IIRC the Family night was live streamed by a local channel.

My take on Rob's thoughts are the ones the NFL would shut down.

So a legit TV station doing a stream should be okay?

But I would suggest to anyone ask Rob, or send any mod the link and let us try to figure it out.

Rob just doesnt want the NFL to be able to come at us because we allowed an illegal stream

H

HardRightEdge

My take on Rob's thoughts are the ones the NFL would shut down.

So a legit TV station doing a stream should be okay?

But I would suggest to anyone ask Rob, or send any mod the link and let us try to figure it out.

Rob just doesnt want the NFL to be able to come at us because we allowed an illegal stream
That would stand to reason. You would not want to be abetting copyright infringement.

Or how about this: just don't buy stolen intellectual property. Otherwise you're no better than the Chinese.

By the way, NFL Game Pass is a (legal) $99 package that includes live streaming preseason broadcasts, replays of regular season games (you have to wait until all other games that day are concluded), and live streaming radio for both. It also includes replays of the preseason games if you can't watch them live.

I doubt Rob would object to that un-self-interested recommendation since it does not compete with your business activities.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best option is to simply not go to them, or watch them. Maybe the team, and the league would then price them at a reasonable level. Charging regular season prices for exhibitions is robbery, pure and simple.
I'm the first to admit there are many fools willing to be robbed. "Let us be thankful for the fools; but for them the rest of us could not succeed." NFL-- oops-- Mark Twain.

H

HardRightEdge

Best option is to simply not go to them, or watch them. Maybe the team, and the league would then price them at a reasonable level. Charging regular season prices for exhibitions is robbery, pure and simple.
I'm the first to admit there are many fools willing to be robbed. "Let us be thankful for the fools; but for them the rest of us could not succeed." NFL-- oops-- Mark Twain.
Twain went broke on various losing investments, particularly his publishing business. He spent much of his later years doing speaking engagements around the world to make money to support his life style. While we know there are fools that make success of others, it takes extreme care to assure one is in the latter group and not the former. Or, to borrow from a poker adage, if you cannot specifically identify the fools in the room, it is probably you.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
A different POV:
Ladies and gentlemen, isn't it obvious that fans are not buying NFL preseason tickets to see the preseason games themselves, but to be included in their team's full season package? And if you agree that this is true, then couldn't it be argued that preseason tickets could be sold for more money than they currently are?
Do you think that if the price of tickets for the regular season stayed the same, but preseason tickets went up one dollar per game, most fans would give up their season tickets over the increase?
No, me neither. But how about for two dollars? Or five dollars? Do you see what I'm saying?
The NFL is a business, neither caring nor cruel. If it finds a way to make more money, it will.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/46136-are-nfl-preseason-ticket-prices-too-low

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are also 2 ways to view customers, One is of something that is valuable and is to be taken care of and foster a relationship with that in turn multiplies the income potential exponentially over a lifetime and most likely results in a quality referral source over a lifetime as well. Or you can view them as a commodity that just comes and goes and you squeeze them for every dime you can while you have their attention before they move on.

I think GB takes pretty good care of their fans. I think squeezing them for an extra buck or 2 on preseason games, while wouldn't turn a lot of people away, and would probably result in some short term gains. But it would give a few fans a reason to feel unhappy, rather than excited about their team. If I was selling cheap gadgets and didn't care, it would be smart to adopt that approach. Trying to tie a person to a brand for a lifetime? Don't be a penny pinching ****.

D

Deleted member 6794

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers introduced variable ticket pricing for the first time this season charging significantly less for preseason games.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...6-season/bf1b93d0-1d55-463b-9d14-1842ae86d2ed

Yes, and increased regular season prices so that overall prices for the season are up 5%. Only 5 times the inflation rate. And the Packers are ranked ~ 19th in the league in ticket prices. So I guess the league's avarice is a bit less in Wisconsin.