Preseason Game 1 vs Texans

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well he's definitely showing potential, at least a lot more than any of Rodgers's previous backups had. He's fired some lasers when stepping into his throws. A few times he maybe should have used his legs or looked into another window more downfield.

But it's a learning curve and I don't expect him to hit all cylinders on every play. Potential is amazing though if this keeps up.

And so far Rodgers has been shutting the haters up by going over and giving him pointers
I recall him saying his issue was never with Love. He said he always got along fine with him.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love played way better than Rodgers ever did in a preseason game. A good start for him. Lots to work on but a good start.

I was fine with our WR play. As backups to Adams, Lazard, MVS, and Cobb I think we are quite strong. Whomever they keep should be able to go into a 5WR set and be a threat.

Both OL and DL got manhandled but I won't sound the alarm yet about our backups. Though some of them were our starters.

The screen pass that Hill turned into a TD was really good. As the play developed, I watched him set up the blockers with patience and then burst through arm tackles for the endzone. It was good vision, patience, and running ability. That kid has a future.
That screen pass was all Hill once Love got him the ball. Yes the blocking was good but Hill showed instincts that usually take a year or two to develop. It's one game, one play but I'm looking forward to watching him play.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I recall him saying his issue was never with Love. He said he always got along fine with him.
That was more me just taking a shot at the whole "Rodgers is such a lousy teammate, he never helps anyone" ridiculous narrative which trust me the anti Rodgers crowd believes fully. Plus I'm pretty sure they still thinks he treats Love bad despite what was seen on TV because they're that bad.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was more me just taking a shot at the whole "Rodgers is such a lousy teammate, he never helps anyone" ridiculous narrative which trust me the anti Rodgers crowd believes fully. Plus I'm pretty sure they still thinks he treats Love bad despite what was seen on TV because they're that bad.
I'm pretty sure that PFIC is talking about me. Thanks for the mention. I gladly own it.

Reaction score
Well I’m a bit late getting back. I just watched highlight reels etc.. but the couple of things that stuck out were..

1. It’s obvious Love has a good day, if you extrapolate his performance out 4 quarters you get 24/34 2TD 244 yards and 70.5% completion with a 110+Rating
Game 1 is just expected to be confusion, but he didn’t look confused at all. He did nice, especially considering he played with both 1st and 2nd teams in Camp etc.. He’s obviously adapting well thus far. He just looks kinda veteran confident out there.

2. Devin Funchess looks the part, it’s obvious he’s practicing on ball handling. He was the best WR out there.

3. Kylie Hill is up and down dynamic. Expected during a preseason match, but really showed his versatility. Between returner and that 22 yard TD burst, he showcased his ability to make guys miss in the open field. That was his calling card and with our #1 OL/TE group this kid could be a draft steal. He just needs to continue being humble as a mouse when off the field.

4. Oren Burks! I had to check twice to make sure I didn’t have the wrong Jersey#! 2 TFL, 7 Tackles and a Sack. He looks like a guy that just realized he’s playing for his career. Good for him! I’ve been a fan, I just hope he’s utilized better and says injury free this preseason. His road is uphill, but he started with a chitty chitty bang!

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I’m a bit late getting back. I just watched highlight reels etc.. but the couple of things that stuck out were..

1. It’s obvious Love has a good day, if you extrapolate his performance out 4 quarters you get 24/34 2TD 244 yards and 70.5% completion with a 110+Rating
Game 1 is just expected to be confusion, but he didn’t look confused at all. He did nice, especially considering he played with both 1st and 2nd teams in Camp etc.. He’s obviously adapting well thus far. He just looks kinda veteran confident out there.

2. Devin Funchess looks the part, it’s obvious he’s practicing on ball handling. He was the best WR out there.

3. Kylie Hill is up and down dynamic. Expected during a preseason match, but really showed his versatility. Between returner and that 22 yard TD burst, he showcased his ability to make guys miss in the open field. That was his calling card and with our #1 OL/TE group this kid could be a draft steal. He just needs to continue being humble as a mouse when off the field.

4. Oren Burks! I had to check twice to make sure I didn’t have the wrong Jersey#! 2 TFL, 7 Tackles and a Sack. He looks like a guy that just realized he’s playing for his career. Good for him! I’ve been a fan, I just hope he’s utilized better and says injury free this preseason. His road is uphill, but he started with a chitty chitty bang!
Agree with all. My only criticism of Love was he went to his first read on a majority of his throws. I'm surprised he wasn't picked off more.

And Burks....... Where has THIS guy been for three years? It's only PS, but if he plays this well the rest of the way he'll make the 53, something I didn't think was possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts