Premium Sites

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are a lot of Packer sites out there offering premium services for a subscription. I know IPB said he has the service at Packernews.com. Who has purchased these subscriptions and what do you think of it? Is the price worth the extra content? What site offers the most? I am looking at purchasing a subscription at one of these sites and just wanted to know which one is the best value for money.
Thanks

Later
Leopardmech

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if any of them are worth it?? It's all public information, just have to look around for it. None of them can know anything more than the others unless they have an insider in the Packer organization??

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JSOnline I'm sure is the best you could find out of anything. That is the Milwaukee Journel-Sentinal. (Journal Broadcast Group) They are a huge media player nationwide. (TV, Radio etc)

OP
OP
L

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's all public information, just have to look around for it
The general news you are right Ryan can be found anywhere if you look for it. But the extra insight and features (interviews etc.) that these sites offer looks pretty good I just don't know what one to go with. Isn't it funny that the official Packer site has about the least amout of coverage on it when compared to the media sights.

Later
Leopardmech

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True I wasn't thinking about the interviews ( and now that I think of it - multimedia they offer) good luck in your search!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one trick I've seen other Boards do is to stay on top of several people having these Memberships, and then as long as you designate where the articles come from sa I have recently been doing, then everyone can get up to the minute reports.

I have a PackersNews.com login - this gives me reports that everyone else would have to wait a couple of days to read - the same goes for JSonline/Packers/Insider which is: (along with a few others)

$34.95 Packer Insider Yearly Subscription
PackerRerport.comAnnual $79.95 (Website, team magazine subscription, FHM, and NFL Draft Guide)
Packers Partners (on Packers.com) is another at $50.00 or $100 - unclear on any reports there... but you get the idea by now.

When it comes to the Packers Partners purchase - I'll probably do it later this year... I sorta wish they'd offer stock again.. I know I'll never get season tickets.

At any rate - if a few of us have these logins, then we can share those reports which only our logins would allow - and the others could keep up. I do this all the time on my web site..

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
leopardmech said:
There are a lot of Packer sites out there offering premium services for a subscription. I know IPB said he has the service at Packernews.com. Who has purchased these subscriptions and what do you think of it? Is the price worth the extra content? What site offers the most? I am looking at purchasing a subscription at one of these sites and just wanted to know which one is the best value for money.
Thanks

Later
Leopardmech

Living in the Green Bay market, I don't subscribe to the online versions because I buy the actual newspapers everyday and the content is all but identical.

For my money, I'd subscribe to the Journal's if I were in Canada and starving for Packer news. The Gannett versions from the likes of the Press-Gazette/Appleton Post-Crescent, "Packernews.com" just seem to be hell-bent for glory in finding something negative to write...which in and of itself isn't a bad thing provided that it is balanced. I can't say that it is most of the time.

I'm by no means a "Chamber of Commerce" kind of guy, looking for rah-rah stuff ... but, there is a lot of good things on this team as well that I feel just aren't covered by Gannett's staff -- don't get me wrong, I still buy the papers and I still read all of the articles ... but I find myself picking up the Milwaukee papers just to find something other than that the "clear cut" method taken by the Green Bay press.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
When it comes to the Packers Partners purchase - I'll probably do it later this year...

A buddy of mine is a "Packers Partner" and his subscription carried over from its predecessor (America's Pack??? I think) a few years back. The information he gets from that can be gleaned from media sites and Packers.com for free, and faster to boot. They have a fan forum there that sees little traffic compared to this site or Zbud's. He's still grumbling that some of the things promised have never materialized, yet, he keeps signing up... I just tell he has to learn to duck when someone is swingin' the "stupid stick". :lol:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Paying to read others opinions for a team that is owned by the people, I can't allow myself to do it. I'm not all that rich.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts