Predict what TT will do with the 1st pick

What will TT do with our 1st round pick?

• Trade up

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Trade down

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Stay put

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quick poll, wanna see what my fellow fans think about TT's draft move, if any.

Things are quiet, so why not?

Predict what TT will do with our fist pick: move up, move down or stay put.

I'll give reasonings for either, and say my pick.

Move up: We have adequate firepower, having all our picks plus Kampman's compensatory pick. We could also trade some players, like Barnett, for picks. But the most important reason is the depth this team already have. We have 74 players on our roster, not counting the PS. Add the 8 draft picks, that's 82 players. For training camp only, the limit is 80! Let alone the 53 final roster. Wouldn't it be best to move up and take players that will more likely make the roster?

Move down: First of all, it's TT's MO. Not only that, but a higher pick doesn't necessarily guarantees a better player, and the more you pick, the more chances you have of finding a quality player. With the first tier probably out of reach, there could be no player worth of our 1st rounder, if so, TT would trade down.

Stay put: it's the most conventional, and, as with trading down, chances are we can't get those upper tier, and the difference between the second, third and fourth tier could be insignificant. If a player TT likes is there, he'll grab him.

I say TT moves up. I think there are some players that will fall to our trade reach, and I believe we have enough depth to afford the luxury of going for the kill in this draft.

Poll closes 1 day before the draft (April 29)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
alot of teams like the 30th pick as they want to move back as they worry about not getting their day 2 player. So if we can move down a few spots and pick up an extra pick I wouldnt be surprised at all. Still would suck to watch the 1st round, only to see TT trade the pick

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I like your reasoning and agree with you PackersRS, but I somehow think TT will stay true to form and will trade down. I will not be upset, however, if he proves me wrong.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he well trade down the pick. Unless winning the SB has gotten to his head, I really don't see him breaking from character.

The real question here is who the hell is he gonna pick?

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I'm hoping he'll trade down. I agree with PackersRS in that the best players are not necessarily 1st round. TT has shown in the past that he can identify the talent in later picks. That's where the sleepers lie.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I would like him to trade up to try to grab Carimi, but that probably won't happen. Depending on what they feel like about Ryan Grant, I think they should go best DE or OL available at their pick.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he will sell it... for...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l91ISfcuzDw]YouTube - 1 million dollars[/ame]

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we take DE with anything more than a late round pick. That's the deepest position on our roster. We really don't need one.

Honestly, I believe he'll take another offensive lineman, and I think he'll target someone specifically for the left side. Clifton is getting older, and I expect Bulaga will eventually move back to the left, leaving Lang to move to the right. That leaves us with Nick McDonald and EDS for depth, if Colledge leaves.

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he trades up to 13 to get Julio Jones. Just to annoy Ram fans.

I think he will stay put, boring I know, but he will use the pick wisely. He only trades down if he gets another 2nd rounder and an Adrian Petersen bobble head.

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think TT might surprise us all and trade up. He surprised us all by trading up to get CM3, so I think he could do it again. PackersRS' reasonsings are spot on. I think we could trade up for an elite prospect in one of the positions we need them sooner (imo, OT, WR and CB).

Reaction score
Its hard to predict and I love it lol. Hell he could have JJ Watt pegged as a top 5 guy and see him get past 16 and decide to trade up with the patriots again and shoot for him. Hell he could surprise us all if the lockout is lifted and trade Matt Flynn for the Bengals 2nd and 5th rd picks and take those two picks move into the 1st again and we could draft @ 24 and 32 and get Carimi (who I want lol) and Brooks Reed. I am too biased though cuz I want alot of guys in this draft.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once Amukamara is picked, no CB is worth moving up for and same thing with Julio Jones for WR. I see us staying put for OLB Brooks Reed with #32.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter what he does. If it turns out good, most everyone will call him a genius. If it turns out badly, everyone will call him a bum. The draft always has been and always will be a calculated risk and I trust TT to choose correctly more than I trust me or anyone else, whose job it isn't, to make the choice.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think TT will decide to stay right were we are and take the highest player still left on his board, no mater what the position.

What I want is a different story. I want us to trade up just enough to grab Mike Pouncey which should not be a huge stretch. Most people have him going late in the first.

Members online

Latest posts