Potential Packer Pro Bowl players

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a meaningless game, but still an honor, so I'll throw out some guesses. I don't think we'll have too many this year, actually.

Rodgers - In our eyes he's having somewhat of a down year, still a pretty easy pick in the top 3 NFC QB's IMO. I think Griffin will get another spot and the other will be between Ryan and Brees.

Matthews - Despite missing significant time this year, the sack numbers are still there to justify it.

The rest are all just guesswork. I think these guys have some remote outside shots -- Hayward, J. Jones, Cobb, Burnett, Raji, Pickett.

I can't see anyone else really having a shot, unless someone like Woodson, Saturday, or Sitton makes it on name alone.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
It's a meaningless game, but still an honor, so I'll throw out some guesses. I don't think we'll have too many this year, actually.

Rodgers - In our eyes he's having somewhat of a down year, still a pretty easy pick in the top 3 NFC QB's IMO. I think Griffin will get another spot and the other will be between Ryan and Brees.

Matthews - Despite missing significant time this year, the sack numbers are still there to justify it.

The rest are all just guesswork. I think these guys have some remote outside shots -- Hayward, J. Jones, Cobb, Burnett, Raji, Pickett.

I can't see anyone else really having a shot, unless someone like Woodson, Saturday, or Sitton makes it on name alone.
Hayward wasn't on the ballot, and Cobb was only listed as a return man.

Sitton deserves it despite LACK of a name. Sat, Wood, and Kuhn are our "make it on name"

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb might break the nfl record for all time yardage in a season but we are unsure if he will make the pro bowl ... Something's wrong with that.

OP
OP
A

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They only take 1 punter, right?

I can't see Masthay making it, he's pretty low in net average compared to the league-wide average, although I agree he's been great for us and I love his ability to kick inside the 20.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They only take 1 punter, right?

I can't see Masthay making it, he's pretty low in net average compared to the league-wide average, although I agree he's been great for us and I love his ability to kick inside the 20.

Net average isn't the measure of a punter though. If you have a terrible offense that can't move the ball, you're going to have a lot of punts that go for 50+ yards. When Masthay punts from our own 20, he averages about 55. When we punt, it's usually between the 40 yard lines somewhere. Tim has one of the best if not THE best rate of kicks downed inside the 20 yard line. And that coffin corner kick out of bounds at the 3 yard line Sunday is something most punters don't do anymore. You could make a case for Andy Lee, but he has kicked a lot more returnable punts that Masthay has.

OP
OP
A

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree
Net average isn't the measure of a punter though. If you have a terrible offense that can't move the ball, you're going to have a lot of punts that go for 50+ yards. When Masthay punts from our own 20, he averages about 55. When we punt, it's usually between the 40 yard lines somewhere. Tim has one of the best if not THE best rate of kicks downed inside the 20 yard line. And that coffin corner kick out of bounds at the 3 yard line Sunday is something most punters don't do anymore. You could make a case for Andy Lee, but he has kicked a lot more returnable punts that Masthay has.

I agree it's not a very good measure. Just not really sure what the usual criteria for selecting a punter is.

Latest posts