Potential Busts Ranked

How many draft picks are busts this year?

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 1-3

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • 4+

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all know there's busts every year and unless Thompson pulled off the best draft in packers history there will be at least one. Not to be the negative fan, just interested in who you all think might be most likely to bust.

1. Devante Mays

2. Deangelo Yancey

3. Malachi dupre

4. . Kofi amichia

5. Vince Biegel

6. Aaron jones

7. Jamaal Williams

8. Montravious Adams

9. Josh Jones

10. Kevin King

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
IMO rounds 5-7 are longshots any way. Thus they can't be a bust. Define bust. Not starting by bye week? Next season? A season on practice squad before being an average starter? Is King a bust if he stays at nickel all season? What about for 3 seasons?

D

Deleted member 6794

We all know there's busts every year and unless Thompson pulled off the best draft in packers history there will be at least one. Not to be the negative fan, just interested in who you all think might be most likely to bust.

1. Devante Mays

2. Deangelo Yancey

3. Malachi dupre

4. . Kofi amichia

5. Vince Biegel

6. Aaron jones

7. Jamaal Williams

8. Montravious Adams

9. Josh Jones

10. Kevin King

I don't think late round picks should be considered a bust even if they end up not playing a single snap for the team. I hope I'm wrong about it but believe that Josh Jones will potentially end up as a huge disappointment.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams has all the characteristics of a potential bust. Relied on a quick burst into gaps in college, not strong for his size, temperamental work ethic, and reputation for taking plays off. He has a lot of the same traits as Thornton and Worthy. I hope I'm wrong anD he hits the weight room and becomes a beast.

OP
OP
D

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO rounds 5-7 are longshots any way. Thus they can't be a bust. Define bust. Not starting by bye week? Next season? A season on practice squad before being an average starter? Is King a bust if he stays at nickel all season? What about for 3 seasons?

I guess bust was the wrong word choice. When I said bust, I was thinking like who would still be on the active roster by the beginning of next season and have reason to be there. I agree with late round draft picks not having as high of expectations therefore not labeling them as busts.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think late round picks should be considered a bust even if they end up not playing a single snap for the team. I hope I'm wrong about it but believe that Josh Jones will potentially end up as a huge disappointment.

Possible, but I'm wait and see until we learn how they envision using him. I'm thinking they're looking at him as a 'Jabril Peppers" type of player, and as a possible replacement for Burnett down the road.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more that I see of Jones, the less that I like. He's a horrific finisher. The number of missed tackles that he has is alarming. Every now and then, he'll connect a big blow, but it's usually when he's got a side angle on a guy.

Otherwise, he throws some really bad arm tackles. And there was one play that was shockingly bad, where he proceeded to go into coverage when an obvious run play was occurring, and didn't even realize it when the RB went right past him.

I'm hoping he puts it all together. He's fast. Really fast. Stacy Coley , who runs a 4.45, got into the open field, and Jones had a relatively simple time hawking him down. He has shown flashes of really good closing ability, and has the size and aggression to stop players in their tracks. Let's just hope we can channel that, because his awareness is really worrisome at times.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams has all the characteristics of a potential bust. Relied on a quick burst into gaps in college, not strong for his size, temperamental work ethic, and reputation for taking plays off. He has a lot of the same traits as Thornton and Worthy. I hope I'm wrong anD he hits the weight room and becomes a beast.

Adams does have an alibi. If I remember correctly even Mayock said it on Draft Day. The Auburn offense was horrible the last couple years. Both Adams and former teammate Carl Lawson played over 77% of all defensive snaps last year and the year before that. Both players are purely rotational players, which is explained by Adams short bursts that he uses to push through opposing offensive linemen.

When you're being overused, it's easy to take a play off or two. He won't have that problem in Green Bay, as long as Guion can stop smoking that stuff.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The more that I see of Jones, the less that I like. He's a horrific finisher. The number of missed tackles that he has is alarming. Every now and then, he'll connect a big blow, but it's usually when he's got a side angle on a guy.

Otherwise, he throws some really bad arm tackles. And there was one play that was shockingly bad, where he proceeded to go into coverage when an obvious run play was occurring, and didn't even realize it when the RB went right past him.

I'm hoping he puts it all together. He's fast. Really fast. Stacy Coley , who runs a 4.45, got into the open field, and Jones had a relatively simple time hawking him down. He has shown flashes of really good closing ability, and has the size and aggression to stop players in their tracks. Let's just hope we can channel that, because his awareness is really worrisome at times.

He did hit home at tackles over a 100 times this last year. ;) He has a couple things he needs to clean up but nothing that I would call "bust material"

D

Deleted member 6794

Adams does have an alibi. If I remember correctly even Mayock said it on Draft Day. The Auburn offense was horrible the last couple years. Both Adams and former teammate Carl Lawson played over 77% of all defensive snaps last year and the year before that. Both players are purely rotational players, which is explained by Adams short bursts that he uses to push through opposing offensive linemen.

When you're being overused, it's easy to take a play off or two. He won't have that problem in Green Bay, as long as Guion can stop smoking that stuff.

While Adams played 83.1% of Auburn's defensive snaps in 2015 his snap count was reduced to 65.6% of the Tigers plays last season.

Last edited by a moderator:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Another thing worth mentioning is Jones was the best player on the 24th ranked defense in college football last season. He was the main reason for that.

Packerbacker222

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Williams- For the pure reason that nobody knows who is going to be the main guy coming out of camp. One of the other 2 RBs drafted could be better than him.

I also am torn on Adams. I am not sure what to think of this guy.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Williams- For the pure reason that nobody knows who is going to be the main guy coming out of camp.

I'm not sure how that equates to him being a bust....it's one thing to underperform, it's another thing to be underused relative to the potential of your contributions to the offense.

I imagine MM will allow both Monty and Williams to have feature games during the preseason, that should settle it right there. Jones and Mayes will be determined by how well they do in camp.

Members online

Latest posts