Positives heading into next season.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One good thing about replacing 2/3 of the roster with rookies in 3 years time. And putting 1/4 of the roster on IR last season....gulp... Is that we should have an extra ordinary amount of breakout players next season. Add to that the players we gained... Or discovered, because starters got sent to IR... Combined with the usual infusion of talent a Ted Thompson draft always brings annually. And the flexability of over 30 million in cap space... ANYTHINGS POSSIBLE!!! :)

Boykin sticks out in my mind. I honestly believe he gives Greenbay a new improved James Jones, for CHEAP! little faster. Little taller. Alot younger and cheaper... Had we not lost Cobb, last year when Jennings was already gone leaving a hole. Finley goes down early... Bingo a legitimate starter quality WR is discovered. ( I drafted him in my dynasty league)

Bahktiari...Losing Bulaga was DEVESTATING at the time. The thought of a rookie LT made me sick... Now him and Sitton have the left side taken care of in my mind. Now we have a Bulaga to add to the line...

Micah Hyde. He could've been discovered despite. but House, and Hayward getting injured gave him the opportunity to really shine as a rookie... legion of boom, Greenbay style... In infant form. lol maybe

Josh Boyd show potential as a rookie after Jolly, Datone Jones, and even Worthy could be considered as missing from injury allowing Boyd to give me good reason to pay attention next summer...

Players like Mike Daniels, Cobb, Mike Neal, D-Smith, to see if they CONTINUE to get better and better every year. Who is next to show they are in a good up trend?

We get alot of contributors back off IR. Real cornerstones like ummmmm the last half decade of 1st round draft picks!!!. Bulaga, Sherrod, Datone Jones. Both Perry and Mathews missed almost half the season toward the end there... Finley (hopefully). DuJuan Harris, Brad Jones(much better than what we ended the season with at ILB) . And Hayward...

Guys like Franklin who has big play making potential. Or Quarless. Flynn. Mulumba who as back ups could have break out years IMO. Proving starter abilities we can bank on in case of a rainy day.

Now lets get crazy and say we lose some star power. Raji, James Jones, Sheilds come to mind. It would be only logical that with our large cap space. We would replace them with comparable free agents. Byrd is tops on my list. Add another difference maker like Lamarr Houston a perfect 3-4 DE for us. or Red Bryant same impact 3-4 DE plug in player.

Add a batch of Ted Thompson select picks in the draft...

All we need is to stay healthier.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree about Boykin. I said it before, I'm way fired up to see how good he can be with more time. I honestly think he's going to be very good in this offense.

Totally agree with you about Mulumba. In limited time I saw him make some very athletic plays.

Lacy with a full year under his belt. Can't wait to see him in his second year. It's been a long long time since we had a very young back that we felt this great about.

Cobb coming back and being healthy.

O-Line looks like it will be healthy and has enough players that we don't have to consider it a major need like we often have in the past few years.

Money to spend on FA or re-upping guys! Just read an article on NFL CAP space and much of the NFL is in bad shape.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny that this thread was started on Monday, only has two replies so far, and was about to fall off of the first page. Why? Because there is a negative slant to the forum and positive outlook isn't as much fun to discuss.

Man, there should be a lot of optimism out there. Sure we are about to see the FA season unfold and that combined with the draft needs to address our defensive issues, but this is still a good team. Would I be disappointed by another 1-and-done in the playoffs? Sure, but I'd still enjoy watching us put out another winning season. Even with just the existing crop of players we are a playoff team - albeit only an early round playoff team. All it takes is for some of the 1-3 year players to figure things out and a few of the rookies to be instant contributors to a Super Bowl run.

I think that's the point that a lot of folks neglect when bashing TT. Since he's come on board, this team has been in position to hit the Super Bowl every season. Yes that is also the frustrating part, but most teams don't even have this opportunity. With TT's draft & develop mentality, you have to wait and see how the cards play out each year. So far one Super Bowl and a bunch of division titles. Hopefully we can add more onto the legacy with another good off-season.

There is definitely reason for optimism in 2014, even if the defense still sucks we will hopefully get a chance to see Eddie Lacy grow into a premier running back in the league.

Last bit of optimism - when talking about the legacy of Green Bay Packer quarterbacks, the NFL Network guys were saying that it hasn't been a bad run for Packer fans to have three of the best QBs in league history on the roster: Starr, Favre, and Rodgers. It's a good run that will hopefully continue.

I'm pumped

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny that this thread was started on Monday, only has two replies so far, and was about to fall off of the first page. Why? Because there is a negative slant to the forum and positive outlook isn't as much fun to discuss.

Man, there should be a lot of optimism out there. Sure we are about to see the FA season unfold and that combined with the draft needs to address our defensive issues, but this is still a good team. Would I be disappointed by another 1-and-done in the playoffs? Sure, but I'd still enjoy watching us put out another winning season. Even with just the existing crop of players we are a playoff team - albeit only an early round playoff team. All it takes is for some of the 1-3 year players to figure things out and a few of the rookies to be instant contributors to a Super Bowl run.

I think that's the point that a lot of folks neglect when bashing TT. Since he's come on board, this team has been in position to hit the Super Bowl every season. Yes that is also the frustrating part, but most teams don't even have this opportunity. With TT's draft & develop mentality, you have to wait and see how the cards play out each year. So far one Super Bowl and a bunch of division titles. Hopefully we can add more onto the legacy with another good off-season.

There is definitely reason for optimism in 2014, even if the defense still sucks we will hopefully get a chance to see Eddie Lacy grow into a premier running back in the league.

Last bit of optimism - when talking about the legacy of Green Bay Packer quarterbacks, the NFL Network guys were saying that it hasn't been a bad run for Packer fans to have three of the best QBs in league history on the roster: Starr, Favre, and Rodgers. It's a good run that will hopefully continue.

I'm pumped

Correctumundo!

I'm always on the optimistic side when it comes to the Packers. Every year is a new year. We have arguably the best QB in the NFL with a developing O-Line (If Bulaga is healthy, I think this line could be really really good) and wheapons around him. One of those being Eddie Lacy, a true bellcow for the first time since Ahman Green.

On Defense it's easy to be pessamistic but I believe we have pieces to work with. Clay, Datone, Daniels, Hayward, Hyde and possibly Shields. Now, with this news of Raji who knows but it's a low risk potentially high reward move and we'll see what happens. Free Agency is coming and we have $ to spend, let's hope TT spends a little. And draft time is coming, the most glorious part of the offseason for Packers fans. I personally can't wait!

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correctumundo!

I'm always on the optimistic side when it comes to the Packers. Every year is a new year. We have arguably the best QB in the NFL with a developing O-Line (If Bulaga is healthy, I think this line could be really really good) and wheapons around him. One of those being Eddie Lacy, a true bellcow for the first time since Ahman Green.

On Defense it's easy to be pessamistic but I believe we have pieces to work with. Clay, Datone, Daniels, Hayward, Hyde and possibly Shields. Now, with this news of Raji who knows but it's a low risk potentially high reward move and we'll see what happens. Free Agency is coming and we have $ to spend, let's hope TT spends a little. And draft time is coming, the most glorious part of the offseason for Packers fans. I personally can't wait!

I'll third that!:tup::tup::tup:

D Frank

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since we're not keeping shields or Raji, KEEP FINLEY!!!!!!! One year deal for vet minimum and see what he's got left to give... He was looking AWESOME Last season before injuries.. Him and Rodgers had it clicking on the field.. Bring back nick Collins!! One year vet minimum.if available, Draft NT, safety, cb, wr, 2 LB, safety again, and a QB in no particular order..

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since we're not keeping shields or Raji, KEEP FINLEY!!!!!!! One year deal for vet minimum and see what he's got left to give... He was looking AWESOME Last season before injuries.. Him and Rodgers had it clicking on the field.. Bring back nick Collins!! One year vet minimum.if available, Draft NT, safety, cb, wr, 2 LB, safety again, and a QB in no particular order..

This entire post is a joke right? No offense, and don't get me wrong I am a huge Finley fan, but he isn't going to play for the Packers again. It's not up to Ted, it's up to the medical staff and they aren't going to clear him. Collins same. I agree with your draft though.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correctumundo!

I believe I have the record for consecutive 13-3 predictions:) But yea. Lacy is such a beast! Im a D-lineman at heart. But my second favorite position to watch is a great RB. Between Daniels, Jolly bringing back the intensity up front on defense. Lacy had me gushing every week. With a healthy team around him. And TT opening the playbook more. He should be a 1500yd rusher this year...

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe I have the record for consecutive 13-3 predictions:) But yea. Lacy is such a beast! Im a D-lineman at heart. But my second favorite position to watch is a great RB. Between Daniels, Jolly bringing back the intensity up front on defense. Lacy had me gushing every week. With a healthy team around him. And TT opening the playbook more. He should be a 1500yd rusher this year...
Slight correction: MM opens the playbook, TT opens the checkbook (but historically has trouble finding his pen).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts