Poor Browns Fans

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you see the Packers/Chargers game? It's like they're playing a different sport than you are!

We just want you to look better than a division 3 High School team!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why in the hell did a super bowl winning coach go and work for them?
Isn't that sorta like demoting yourself when you don't have to?
Lotsa luck finding another NFL job after this one Mike.
(That's from me. Not the guy in the vid.)

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
While this can be looked at funny, it's just down right sad if you ask me.

The Browns used to be a respectable team, in the late 80's, and even some years in the 90's they were a playoff caliber team..

You know, when you look at Baltimore, who just swept the Steelers, won a Super Bowl back in 2000, has a great management, great head coach, awesome veteran defense, I can't help but think back and say "Gee that should be the Browns!" Since afterall, we have to look at it from that perspective. The Ravens ARE the REAL Cleveland Browns, same management, they didn't have to start over from scratch like the Browns 2.0 and the Houston Texans.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Why in the hell did a super bowl winning coach go and work for them?
Isn't that sorta like demoting yourself when you don't have to?
Lotsa luck finding another NFL job after this one Mike.
(That's from me. Not the guy in the vid.)

If they think Holmgren is going to save them, they need to think again.

He bailed on us after building a team so he could go straight to Seattle and have 100% control over that team.

If it wasn't for a rigged Super Bowl, he would have another ring.

I don't hate the guy, but I do think he did us wrong to build up a team over here, take us to two Super Bowls, win one, lose one, then bail for another team.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Did you see the Packers/Chargers game? It's like they're playing a different sport than you are!

We just want you to look better than a division 3 High School team!

I watched this too many times...because I almost have it memorized!! I keep changing what part is my favorite! lol!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reading all the frustration that fellow forum members have towards the Pack D, I'm actually surprised that none of them are ranting and raving outside of Lambeau! LOL

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Frankly I'd be afraid to be yelling ANYTHING at the defense....did you see that Clay Fathead commercial!!!:eek:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frankly I'd be afraid to be yelling ANYTHING at the defense....did you see that Clay Fathead commercial!!!:eek:
Good point!

I wouldn't want to see BJ standing there at my front door. Yikes!
(Unless I invited him over of course.)
Honey! The freezer is here!
The one I want to put in the basement?

D

Dan115

The Browns used to be a respectable team, in the late 80's, and even some years in the 90's they were a playoff caliber team..

You know, when you look at Baltimore, who just swept the Steelers, won a Super Bowl back in 2000, has a great management, great head coach, awesome veteran defense, I can't help but think back and say "Gee that should be the Browns!" Since afterall, we have to look at it from that perspective. The Ravens ARE the REAL Cleveland Browns, same management, they didn't have to start over from scratch like the Browns 2.0 and the Houston Texans.
Bogie, That is JUST what Browns fans think.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Bogie, That is JUST what Browns fans think.

LOL well it's true, that's how I see it.

The Browns are an expansion team, and while their fans love to talk about them "good ole days" that most of them were not even born to remember happening. They LOVE to talk about Jim Brown and most were not even alive back when he did play.

The Baltimore Ravens are the REAL Cleveland Browns. Same management, same team, and to top it off, Ozzie Newsome is their GM, and that's probably why the new Browns will never retire his number regardless of him holding records over there.

I wish the Texans were the Oilers sometimes, but in light of the matter, it's probably a good thing they retired that name, or they would have been blessed with torment for the last decade, and Matt Schaub would be getting compared to a quarterback he never will become.

D

Dan115

I have a die hard Browns fan for a friend. He just hates the Ravens. When they won the super bowl he said that should have been his team.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I have a die hard Browns fan for a friend. He just hates the Ravens. When they won the super bowl he said that should have been his team.

Well he's right about that, but they also should have won it back in 87 had it not been for the fumble lol. I don't think they would have won anything for Red Right 88, or their defense letting Elway come back in '86 AFC Championship.

But the Browns getting to come back as an expansion team proved why Die Hard Oiler fans that became Texans fans, were lucky to accept to a newer team with a different name, and not the old legacy being thrown to the ground by losing season after losing season. I did like the Browns as a kid, most particular the Kosar offense under Schottenhiemer, but when they became the Ravens, I haven't looked at the same. I used to love the Oilers too as a kid, Warren Moon was the bomb, but when they became the Titans, I lost all respect for them.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Why would a team who has the color orange as a mascot want to win? DUH!

It seems to me that most of their stuff is orange. I always wondered why the Browns prominent color would be orange. If anyone's color should be brown it should be the Vikings. We all know what their stadium looks like. :poop: :p

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score

he Browns used to be a respectable team, in the late 80's, and even some years in the 90's they were a playoff caliber team..

Yeah it really is sad. Funny thing is when I saw Colt McCoy in some of the preseason games this year, I thought they were going to be pretty solid. The WCO looked like it was going to work out well for them.

You have to give it to their fans, though. A lot of them still stick by their team despite how poorly they do. Whereas a lot of people that live in Cleveland just jump on the Steelers bandwagon. For obvious reasons.

The fact that the Browns are in a division where they have to compete against the Steelers and Ravens doesn't help their cause either. It's just really sh!tty situation for Cleveland.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This video belongs with that one...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
This stuff writes itself!
And they say good comedy is dead.
(Well, no one says that. I just made that up for the comment.)

What I find really interesting is that he is doing a PDA (Public display of affection) by holding his partner's hand while doing the cursing angry rant. Showing two emotions, love and anger, at the same time.

Members online

Latest posts