Ponder Replaces Mcnabb

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Christian Ponder replaces McNabb in spite of the fact McNabb was not playing all that badly. It will be interesting to see what the new guy can do.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
How to ruin your first round quarterback 101. Place him in an untenable situation just to please the fans. I just lost all respect for their head coach.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
They might as well start him. Their season is pretty much toast at this point (1-5). They are going to need to start to look to '12, why not start now?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Mike Shanahan is praising him.

In the meantime, McNabb probably feels like he did in Washington.

and I still don't feel sorry for the Vikings.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Ponder did ok. The season is toast. They have no reason not to get the kid some playing time now. He looked like he had good pocket presence, had some zip on the ball and actually hit the WR's in stride. Something McDirt has not been doing very well.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel bad for McNabb, it's not all his fault. A lot of the Vikings woes are the fault of the D.

Lets take a minute to ponder over Ponder. I'm glad he got some game time tonight. Now the Dom Capers and the Packers will have some film to study as there is a very large possibility the Vikings will play Ponder against us next week.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ponder did ok. The season is toast. They have no reason not to get the kid some playing time now. He looked like he had good pocket presence, had some zip on the ball and actually hit the WR's in stride. Something McDirt has not been doing very well.

so much for that 12-4 record :D LOL

honestly surprised it took them this long to put Ponder in a game, or Webb...McNabb was finished last year...Vikes just thought they had to continue with has-been QB's even after Favre

OP
OP
neilfii

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
He did look fairly good. This was an awful time to put him in. Coach Frazier baptized him by fire in this one, but Ponder seemed to respond well. Like Kitten I am glad that we will have at least a little bit of video of him so we can begin to prepare.

Reaction score
I feel bad for McNabb, it's not all his fault. A lot of the Vikings woes are the fault of the D.

Lets take a minute to ponder over Ponder. I'm glad he got some game time tonight. Now the Dom Capers and the Packers will have some film to study as there is a very large possibility the Vikings will play Ponder against us next week.

It's not entirely Mcnabb's fault; however, A big portion of the offense's problem is from him. I've seen so many under thrown balls to wide receivers. He skips it in every time they do a comeback route. If the vikings did not have AP, their offense would 10x worse.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
You mean people in Minneapolis are not putting up billboards saying start Ponder now?
Only because they can't afford them.

I expect McNabb to start the next 3 games. I see a repeat of last nights game during that time period. When the Packers get about 4 scores up they will pull McNabb and put Ponder in. Same thing for the Carolina game. Unless they are winning with McNabb. Then they will keep Ponder out. The second Green Bay game, same thing. I believe they will give Ponder the start at home against Oakland. By then they should be 2-7 and have no reason to continue to start McNabb.

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The funniest/saddest part was the tv cameras watching McNabb's mom leave during the game (I think it was after his 5th sack). I guess that puts a whole new perspective on the phrase "I'm gonna hit you so hard your momma's gonna feel it"

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The funniest/saddest part was the tv cameras watching McNabb's mom leave during the game (I think it was after his 5th sack). I guess that puts a whole new perspective on the phrase "I'm gonna hit you so hard your momma's gonna feel it"

That made me sad too. I'm a big McNabb fan from his Philly years. It's kind of sad to watch.

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
At this point, I think it would be best to see what Ponder can bring to the table. Very few rookie quarterbacks ever impress. I think Andrew Luck will be one of those rare exceptions. With the "Luck Sweepstakes" at risk and wanting to know what you already have, start Ponder. If Ponder hacks it and does reasonably well and you happen to have the first pick, trade down and grab some talent. If Ponder proves he'd be best riding the bench, draft Luck. Adversity can bring out the best in people, but it can also bring out the worst. Ponder does not have a fragile David Carr type of psyche and he also has more talent/smarts than Carr did coming out of college.

LOLions

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a nice run for Mcnabb but he's as good as done in the league. Time to retire old timer.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
That happens when you are getting stomped into the ground all the time. When you are mathematically eliminated like that, you take your starters out.

Adrian Peterson came out too. No reason to keep him in.

McNabb is poised to become a back-up QB who is kept on a team for mentoring purposes.

I really like Donovan. Class act and never has anything bad to say about anybody no matter how much he's disrespected. One of the players in this league that never won a ring that I think really deserved to.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I may be the only one that believes they took McNabb out so he wouldn't get hurt, but that's what it seems like to me. They did also take Peterson out eventually.

The game clearly was no way they were going to win it at this point, so they took him out, gave a rookie a chance.

He'll probably start against us, and if the game gets too far out of reach, he'll be benched.

I'm a bit worried about playing the Vikings. Don't matter how bad they suck, they usually perform at a high level against us, and it's a plus on them with us being undefeated and going into their stadium.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how the vikings stay competitive with the Packers or even win

1. Limit the QB to mistake free football.

2. AP controls the clock, has a huge day, and keeps Rodgers off the field.

3. Jared Allen plays like he did in 09 against the pack and sends guys to the bench. Rodgers cant go deep without some time.

Members online

Latest posts