POLL: Who is the 2nd Most IMPORTANT player on the Packers?

Who is the 2nd most IMPORTANT (doesn't say best. Says important) player on the Packers?

• Sam Shields (Guy is a great corner, who's gonna get paid huge $ in the spring)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Perry (rarely healthy. But when he IS, he is that bookend pass rusher we wanted)

• Randall Cobb (he's that spark we're missing. DYK: We have scored fewer points than the Vikings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless you have an Adrian Peterson in your backfield, your QB is your most important position, and right now ours is Matt Flynn. As a matter of fact, if we're talking about right now, I would say Flynn is the #1 most important player on the Packers while Rodgers is sidelined. I think his importance has been illustrated by our offensive struggles in the first few games of Rodgers absense. Constantly going three and out put a lot of pressure on the defense to keep games close, and being on the field that long eventually wore them down. Even Flynn struggled early on and the teams play suffered, but something happened at halftime last weekend that turned things around. I don't know if a light came on in his head or if he's just not thinking as much and going out there and cutting it loose, but the offense sustaining drives and scoring points coincided with the defense playing better and making stops.
This is all correct.
Lacy rolled an ankle, and we were still okay with Starks.

If Flynn went out, we're dead city.
We need to keep Flynn healthy in there.... until Godgers comes back which I want to be by the Bears game.
REVENGE.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All you guys are wrong. Look it's clearly Marshall Newhouse, how he's not on this list is a dang shame. The offensive line of the future will benefit greatly when they watch tape on WHAT NOT TO DO in pass protection, run blocking, and "pad level". Once these guy's all sit down and watch tape on Marhall Newhouse we should end up having the best o-line in the NFL. Sometimes you learn quicker when you can visually see how it's done. Marshall Newhouse will show you how to become a BETTER linemen by doing everything OPPOSITE of what he does. The Packers organization should thank him on the future development of drafted linemen.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
You all have it wrong. The second most important player on the Packers is Aaron Rodgers. He's the first and the third most important too. Who is the fourth most important is the question. Answer: Brett Goode. :D

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Given the positive production out of Lacy, he got my vote. Would have tried to give it to CM3, but his lack of production and lack of over all pressure this year has been more than disappointing.
He's produced like an average starting pass rusher if you look at the single game averages. He's just played fewer games, and he's done this with limited hand usage at a position reliant on hands. I remember what we looked like without him: dead.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
He's produced like an average starting pass rusher if you look at the single game averages. He's just played fewer games, and he's done this with limited hand usage at a position reliant on hands. I remember what we looked like without him: dead.

No, actually the 1st game he was out for, we generated 5 sacks. Even before the hand injury, he looked a step slower and a bunch weaker.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, actually the 1st game he was out for, we generated 5 sacks. Even before the hand injury, he looked a step slower and a bunch weaker.
Matthews looks weaker to me out there, watching him in person last week.
He went against a good LT in Tyron Smith, but he made Smith look like a Hall of Famer.

Members online

Latest posts