Playoffs still possible?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We still have a chance.
We can't count ourselves out of it just yet. I still have hope.
What are the scenarios that would ensure a playoff spot even a wild card?
What record should we hope for and which games in particular would we need to win?
Feel free to discuss any of your thoughts on the Packers and the playoffs.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on man. Rodgers will only be out a few games. We are significantly better than the Bears and Lions (when we are at full strength). Pack still win this division easily - we may drop 1 or 2 with Rodgers out.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Win the division or finish in the top 6 in the NFC, tiebreakers included (they're currently in a 3-way tie for the last spot but lose the tiebreakers).
What record should we hope for and which games in particular would we need to win?
Hope for 13-3. :D If they fall short of that, games within the division are most important.
Hey, thanks a lot for your permission! :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
We still have a chance.
We can't count ourselves out of it just yet. I still have hope.
Way to go and put yourself out there on the edge! Last time I checked the Pack is still in first place. Their schedule is not difficult. The Packers will win the NFC North. So, climb down off that ledge and put on some clean underwear. LOL.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Way to go and put yourself out there on the edge! Last time I checked the Pack is still in first place. Their schedule is not difficult. The Packers will win the NFC North. So, climb down off that ledge and put on some clean underwear. LOL.
Come on man. Rodgers will only be out a few games. We are significantly better than the Bears and Lions (when we are at full strength). Pack still win this division easily - we may drop 1 or 2 with Rodgers out.

I guess I just needed some reassurance after reading trolls and other Packers haters in the comments sections of PFT that we are done.
I don't think we are and just wanted to check in to see if we still have faith to make it.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will need 10-11 wins to make the playoffs, whether as division champ or wild card. They're already halfway there with 5 now. Expecting Aaron Rodgers back by December the Packers should finish 4-0 against Atlanta & Pittsburgh at Lambeau and Dallas and Chicago on the road. The Pack needs to dig down and come up with at least 2 wins during Rodgers' absence:Home vs. Philly and Minnesota or away vs. the Giants or Lions.

The Packers would win the NFC North hands down with Rodgers and a full strength team but injuries have changed that. The Lions and Bears have 3 losses now. Detroit will have a tough game at Chicago this weekend. The Packers get their crack at them Thanksgiving Day at Ford Field. There could also be a trap game for the Kitties at Philadelphia or home vs. Baltimore on their remaining schedule.

Da Bears host the Lions this week and Baltimore the following, visit St.Louis and Minnesota, host Dallas, visit Cleveland and Philadelphia and host GreenBay. The Ravens or Dallas pulling an upset at Soldier Field would help a lot and Chicago barely beat the Vikings at home earlier this year so maybe the Vikes could rally for an upset or have the Rams do it to them in a dome. The Packers at Chicago on the season's final day could be for the division or the final NFC Wild Card or both. The loser of the San Francisco-Seattle race in the West will be one Wild Card playoff team. It's unlikely any second place team in the East or South will be a Wild Card qualifier.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course we still have hope -- we are in first place.

While I think a first round bye is looking pretty unlikely in our current situation, I do think we have a shot to win the division. And I'd still gladly settle for a Wild Card. No reason that we can't again be a very dangerous low seed if we squeak in and start to get healthy towards the end of the season.

RustyShackleford

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My baseline scenarios is for the Packers to go 1-2 over the next three and then get Rodgers back for the Lions game. If he's back they should win that game and the rest, leaving them at 11-5. That should be good enough to win the division.

If Rodgers isn't back by Thanksgiving, I think they'll lose to the Lions and then it becomes a little dicey. I don't think 10-6 makes a wildcard (at best it's probably a tiebreaker). Both Detroit and Chicago have relatively easy schedules and I don't think we can count on either of them only winning 9 games.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`m coming out on that ledge myself here....move up a bit..bit more...yeah thats okay. I`m a little bit disappointed that as fans of the team, we don`t seem to be prepared to even think Wallace isn`t capable of upping his game with the weeks preparation he has had, and at very least give us a CHANCE !!
Now the suicide comment.....I don`t think he played THAT badly on Monday, given that he hardly expected to even take the field on that terrible day :(. We have to give him at least a chance to redeem himself. I`m NOT saying he is the perfect answer, but we HAVE to believe he is.
Okay gentlemen (and Ladies), load your rifles, aim...and fire :x3:

Reaction score
I`m coming out on that ledge myself here....move up a bit..bit more...yeah thats okay. I`m a little bit disappointed that as fans of the team, we don`t seem to be prepared to even think Wallace isn`t capable of upping his game with the weeks preparation he has had, and at very least give us a CHANCE !!
Now the suicide comment.....I don`t think he played THAT badly on Monday, given that he hardly expected to even take the field on that terrible day :(. We have to give him at least a chance to redeem himself. I`m NOT saying he is the perfect answer, but we HAVE to believe he is.
Okay gentlemen (and Ladies), load your rifles, aim...and fire :x3:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Sorry, my friend.....couldn't resist:D I'm all for giving SW a fighting chance. Why not let's see if the OL CAN TRY BLOCKING OCCASIONALLY for their QB and quite possibly, there could be a much better chance of completions to occur and extend drives. I'm not ready to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic just yet, either, BB.:tup:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not anymore.

From starting the Bears game 6 days ago as the favorite for the #2 or #3 seed, now 6 days later, we're free-falling and basically in 3rd place in our 4-team division, after back-to-back HOME losses.

Sucks.

I hate football.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers is out 4 games total, the season is over because that would mean two more NFC North losses and no chance of winning the division. If they can't win the division, the wild card might already be out of reach since the 49ers hold the tie breaker over the Packers. The Playoffs breakdown like this right now:

1) Seattle
2) New Orleans
3) Detroit
4) NFC East Winner
5) Carolina 6-3
6) San Francisco 6-3 w/ tie-breaker over GB

I hate to be pessimistic, but the outlook is grim.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not giving up yet. Getting Rodgers back changes everything. A lot hinges on when that is. If it's Thanksgiving, I still like our chances. If it's the middle of December, forget about it.

Sad as it is, I'm just hoping we can scrape out one win out of our next 2 in New York and at home against Minnesota. We drop both, we're in trouble.

Win one, and go into Thanksgiving at 6-5. The key here again, is Rodgers, and it must be this day. It can't be a week later. Why? We absolutely must win in Detroit and Chicago. I like our chances in Chicago at full strength, but Rodger's availability remains to be seen for Detroit. It needs to happen.

If you get him back at win, you go into December at 7-5. December's schedule includes home games against Atlanta and Pittsburgh, and on the road against Chicago and Dallas. This is a favorable schedule if we are getting guys back healthy and 10-6 is possible.

Or they could take a good look in the mirror and freaking step up next week to win the next 2 and give themselves a much better chance.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
outlook is grim. we really can't afford to lose next sunday in ny

7) Arizona
8) Chicago
9) Green Bay
Season's only half over. Tolzien will win one or two and I think Rodgers will return on the short side of his window. My money is on the Lions game for him to be back. Plenty of time.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who here thinks we, with Scott Tolzien, and the one-armed Clay Matthews, are going to go into New York this week and beat the Giants, who have won 3 straight games, have their starting QB still, and are now just one loss behind their division-leaders in the NFC East?

I got the Giants favored by 9.

Remember, when we were at our peak in 2011, with red hot Rodgers in the MVP year, we barely won there. And of course we then lost to them in GB in the playoffs.
And then last year, with Rodgers, we got killed there last year, 2012.

It would be a miracle IMO if we won at the Giants next week, that is, unless Eli gets KO'd in the first drive like Rodgers did last week vs the Bears.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giants by 9?? They beat Minnesota, Philly, and just squeaked by Oakland at home today. They aren't a really good team.

Tolzien gets a full week of prep this time. Defense steps up and we have a chance.

Not saying it's not going to be a tremendous challenge at this point but if we're throwing up our arms in defeat at the sight of the 3-6 New York Giants, our season is already lost. Tolzien based on what he did today can do enough. The defense absolutely must step up and play better than they have the last two weeks.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Our season is pretty much over. If Rodgers can get back by the Detriot game then we have a chance. But that's a long shot. He'll most likely be back for the Dallas game and by then it'll be too late to save the season. If he does get back, he'll probably have to shake off some rust too.

There is nothing more painful to see than delusion. You can question my loyalty to the team all you want, your opinion doesn't matter to me. Sorry if I don't have confidence in an UDFA QB and a Journeyman QB who has never been able to get it done anywhere. We have a solid defense, save a secondary who couldn't wrap up a present. But with such an inefficient offense you can't expect them to do all the work the entire game.

Reaction score

I PRAY we don't hear this reset from MM at a presser! I gave Wallace a FREE PASS on his performance vs the Bears b/c of the emergency situation he faced without sufficient time to prepare and then yesterday he goes down as quick as I could run to the fridge to grab a beer(s), enter the kid, Tolzien, who gives it his best shot. As usual the Packers weren't the receipients of many favorable calls/no calls by the zebras (well, we may have had a couple) and we continue to lose the "game by inches" feet inbounds, juggling/hands under the ball possession reception battle challenges. Mason starting to miss again? More people constantly going down yesterday with injuries. Matthews playing one-handed. We can't tackle, can't get a rush on the QB and the secondary has more holes than Sonny Corleone. Many on here have said we're too soft and just not physical enough which I wholeheartedly agree! What aggrevated me so much yesterday was that game was AT HOME and VERY winable even with a 3rd string QB, but again, our D made another opposing QB look like a "Hall of Famer." Well, enough said, I'm just beating a dead horse here stating the obvious.

I'm one who always sees a glass half full, but unless AR has a miraculous overnight recovery and beats the odds on the 4 to 6 week prediction to put enough points on the board to allow for our porous defense, well, I just don't like our chances now. We really needed that win yesterday and we're now heading to NY on the heals of a loss instead of a win against the Giants who flat-out have our number.

God love ya, Tolzien! You've got a lot of weight on your shoulders.

Reaction score
I agree except the fact we have ALREADY dropped 2 games without Rodgers... With 2 to go before Rodgers even has a chance of coming back

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we have to somehow win the next 2 and hopefully AR will be back to beat the lions on thanksgiving. I think we have to win the division because I don't think there will be a WC spot available for us with the 49ers, Panthers, and even Cardinals hanging around.

Members online

Latest posts