Player Injury's

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade the elation of a super bowl win or the heartbreak of some our near misses in the last decade for a chance to be MN this year. Not even once.

If that is in response to my post about the difference between the way the Packers and the Vikings teams are built and the current status of both teams, than I think you are missing the point. I wasn't saying I would rather be a decade long Viking fan or would rather have had the Viking teams of the past. All I was saying is that there is a noticeable difference between the way the 2 teams have been built in the last 5 years. If you can't see which one is currently in better shape, remove your green and gold glasses for a moment and look closer.

I'm just hoping we don't turn into what the Chicago Bears and their fans turned into starting in the early 90's, after a long run of success.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do we need a new conditioning coach to prevent all those injury's?

No. Its not his job to prevent injuries. It's his job to design and implement the workout program to ensure that players are strong enough and in proper cardiovascular condition for their position. He can do nothing to stop ligaments from tearing when a joint gets forced in the wrong direction. He can do nothing to prevent broken bones. He can do nothing to keep concussions from happening.

Reaction score
I think regarding injuries that ARs “new” injury was more than enough for a second IR designation.
Dr McKenzie remind me.. I think I owe you lunch :whistling:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that is in response to my post about the difference between the way the Packers and the Vikings teams are built and the current status of both teams, than I think you are missing the point. I wasn't saying I would rather be a decade long Viking fan or would rather have had the Viking teams of the past. All I was saying is that there is a noticeable difference between the way the 2 teams have been built in the last 5 years. If you can't see which one is currently in better shape, remove your green and gold glasses for a moment and look closer.

I'm just hoping we don't turn into what the Chicago Bears and their fans turned into starting in the early 90's, after a long run of success.
All this talk about missing points and you've entirely missed mine. I do see they're built differently right now. And still they've won nothing, sustained nothing and haven't come close to approaching what the last 10 years has brought for us. When they do that, then maybe I'll give them kudos for being so good. Ebbs and flows, they happen. Even in football, even to the best. We rose to the top, missed our last good chance and now need to regroup again. This notion that the guys in charge just want to count money and are content with not winning is silly.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This notion that the guys in charge just want to count money and are content with not winning is silly.

I for one didn't say they are content with not winning. They have been content with the way the organization is currently being run. So content, that it wouldn't surprise me if Capers keeps his job and injuries are once again the scapegoat for the season.

I still contend that the current Vikings team from top to bottom is a much better one than the Packers and if you remove 1 guy, Aaron Rodgers, the difference is huge.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I for one didn't say they are content with not winning. They have been content with the way the organization is currently being run. So content, that it wouldn't surprise me if Capers keeps his job and injuries are once again the scapegoat for the season.

I still contend that the current Vikings team from top to bottom is a much better one than the Packers and if you remove 1 guy, Aaron Rodgers, the difference is huge.
Of course they are right now. When they maintain it for a decade, we'll talk. Lose smith to a career neck injury, Griffen to chronic hamstring or shoulder problems, Rhodes to career ending concussions and still maintain their dominance, I'll be impressed. Until then? My original point still stands.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bigger issue is players faking that they are NOT injured. The concussion protocol has helped in that regard, but I'd guess there are at least a few players on every team who have muscle/tendon/nerve injuries and aren't telling anybody about it.

Is it time for all players to undergo an extensive medical exam after every game? (Maybe they already do but I'm not aware of such a rule).

Sometimes the player himself does not know. if he is just hurt or actually injured. That is one reason you see guys who are slow to get up and leave the field for only one play.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And what on earth would give you that idea?

Don't know, I didn't say it was "rational".

I'm just traumatized that AR is just one hard shot away from another disabling injury. I realize that's true of all the players on the field.

None-the-less, the way the team is currently structured, the Packers are, at best, a .500 team without AR. I sure would like to see them have to make room for one more Lombardi before AR retires or before I croak, which ever comes first.

Wouldn't you think that with not one, but two busted collarbones you'd have chronic pain pretty much the rest of your life? I've been lucky; I've never broken a bone in my life, so I really don't know.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't you think that with not one, but two busted collarbones you'd have chronic pain pretty much the rest of your life? I've been lucky; I've never broken a bone in my life, so I really don't know.

Then let me give you some peace of mind here. As a nurse and also someone who has had a broken clavicle, it is an injury that heals 100%. There is no lingering pain (in fact, there usually isn't much pain past the first week of healing) and the bone heals with a callus that makes it stronger at the point of fracture than before the injury. The bone actually heals thicker and denser than it originally was. The callus is temporary and after a year or so will return to its pre-fracture strength but for that time span, it is actually slightly stronger than before. Broken bones, once fully healed, are no more likely to break than they were before.

Last edited:

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then let me give you some peace of mind here. As a nurse and also someone who has had a broken clavicle, it is an injury that heals 100%. There is no lingering pain (in fact, there usually isn't much pain past the first week of healing) and the bone heals with a callus that makes it stronger at the point of fracture than before the injury. The bone actually heals thicker and denser than it originally was. The callous is temporary and after a year or so will return to its pre-fracture strength but for that time span, it is actually slightly stronger than before. Broken bones, once fully healed, are no more likely to break than they were before.

Well thank you for that; it actually DOES make me feel a lot better.

I just had this horrible thought of us (as Packer fans) being so selfish about winning that we expect AR to go out there and get crippled again and have to deal with debilitating pain the rest of his life.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am unable to answer the op as I am still trying to figure out what injury’s are possessive of...

Ya, I know, I am a ****.

H

HardRightEdge

With Murphy being the Packers' president and CEO there's no one above being capable of putting pressure on him.
Murphy answers to the board of directors like any CEO.

Whether any of them is 1) unhappy enough to insist on change, 2) has a change agenda and 3) has the clout to convince the other board members is a whole other question. I have no idea whether such individual(s) exist.

Murphy's not going anywhere, but that does not mean he is insulated from pressure to act on deficiencies in the football operation if the board sees fit to apply such pressure.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well thank you for that; it actually DOES make me feel a lot better.

I just had this horrible thought of us (as Packer fans) being so selfish about winning that we expect AR to go out there and get crippled again and have to deal with debilitating pain the rest of his life.

If he ever has debilitating pain, it won't be due to a couple broken collar bones. Besides, he's being well compensated and I'm sure he is well-aware of any risks.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The hamstring and groin injuries over the last 3-4 years are inexcusable. How Lovat still has a job is a testament to MM's blind faith in his buddies. The major injuries are like lightening striking. The hamstring and groin injuries though......those are on Lovat and his staff and their program.