Pickett

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Raji now out for the year, what are the chances we see Pickett back in green and gold?

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT would lose face if he were to bring Pickett back. Not happening !
LOL, bringing in a FA vet due to injury is losing face? Okay buddy. Anything to take a shot at TT I suppose.

Seriously though, I guess they want a more athletic dline. Guys that can move sideline to sideline and pursue rather than the Howard Green "hold they point" types. It'll bite them if we can't stop the run even when we know it's coming. It's not like we can rely on our ILBs to pick up the slack against the run the way some teams can. Lets hope that Boyd/Pennell/Guion are good enough to keep guys off them.

Also keep in mind that we had Pickett at the nose last year and we couldn't stop the run even when we knew it was coming, so it's not like he's a certain solution.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time to roll with the young bloods and see what we've got.
I think you nailed it. TT has never shyed away from throwing the dozen annual rookie selections, to the wolves, to see who survives, and who thrives... Daniels and Boyd are becoming depended on now. Pennel was a gift, and that big boy looks hungry out there. Raji was a corner stone, but has been flat recent years IMO. Wonder what he is going to do when a undrafted rookie comes in and dominates the middle, with the outside as stacked as it is. Raji going to be on the bench eating humble pie...

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you nailed it. TT has never shyed away from throwing the dozen annual rookie selections, to the wolves, to see who survives, and who thrives... Daniels and Boyd are becoming depended on now. Pennel was a gift, and that big boy looks hungry out there. Raji was a corner stone, but has been flat recent years IMO. Wonder what he is going to do when a undrafted rookie comes in and dominates the middle, with the outside as stacked as it is. Raji going to be on the bench eating humble pie...
He'll be on someone elses roster after his tour on the IR is done.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They like Raji. That's why they wanted to pay him 8mil a year a while back. Given that he hasn't proven anything this year that he was supposed to on his one year deal, I don't see why he'd get more chances in free agency than he did last year. If Boyd/Guion/Pennel can't get the job done, I wouldn't be surprised to see Raji back for the same or maybe a little less money than this year. Of course, that depends on what else happens. If Cobb goes off and requires a ton of cash or if Peppers works out and sticks around, they may want to go really cheap at other positions.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, bringing in a FA vet due to injury is losing face? Okay buddy. Anything to take a shot at TT I suppose.
The funny things is, this poster has been making the claim that TT is not in charge of picking players in the draft, yet now he needs to save face for a bad pick.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Seriously though, I guess they want a more athletic dline. Guys that can move sideline to sideline and pursue rather than the Howard Green "hold they point" types. It'll bite them if we can't stop the run even when we know it's coming. It's not like we can rely on our ILBs to pick up the slack against the run the way some teams can. Lets hope that Boyd/Pennell/Guion are good enough to keep guys off them.

Also keep in mind that we had Pickett at the nose last year and we couldn't stop the run even when we knew it was coming, so it's not like he's a certain solution.

1) I never said the Packer's needed to bring Pickett back, just that it would not happen.
2) I'm not looking to take shots at TT, however IMO he is too timid about addressing the Packers present and most
urgent needs.
3) I know TT played at SMU, and with the Oilers at LB for ten seasons, and Seattle hired him, then GB hired him. However he is not solely responsible for building the present day Packers. Meetings are held, discussions are held, scouting reports are reviewed, hours of video are viewed . List are prepared, more discussions held, and yes TT makes the final decisions. TT does not deserve all of the credit for building the Packers, but when actions are not taken, he is entirely responsible.
4)Many players choose not to play/or stay in Green Bay because of two factors (a) the weather, and (b) the Taxes !
Teams in Texas and Florida enjoy a great advantage , No State Taxes ! Also many other teams enjoy lots better weather. Tampa, San Diego, Atlanta, etc. Another factor for some, they prefer not to live in a small town. They prefer a New York City or Philadelphia or Chicago. Some even choose a smaller contract because they know they can make more money doing commercials and endorsements in a larger city.
5) Some players don't get the money they are seeking from GB, so they follow the money. G.Jennings, J.Jones, etc....

All members of this forum have opinions. Saying that anyone that you disagree with is wrong, is not only wrong, but extremely arrogant. Many people post their dribble in this forum, yet I feel no need to attack them, their post speak volumes more about the poster than I ever could. Some in this forum are just young and full of testosterone. Some are cranky fanatics that need a second hobby beyond this forum. Some post their opinions eloquently without personally attacking others. I strongly encourage all to not attack others in this forum, but present your logically organized argument/rebuttal in a clear, rational, and civilized manor.

Negative ratings used to bother me, but now I've realized that they are a reflection of frustrated people that can't construct a proper argument. They are just numbers like 5 or 49 or 117 or 342. They are no more of a threat or concern than person that posted the negative rating.

Reaction score
1) I never said the Packer's needed to bring Pickett back, just that it would not happen.
2) I'm not looking to take shots at TT, however IMO he is too timid about addressing the Packers present and most
urgent needs.
3) I know TT played at SMU, and with the Oilers at LB for ten seasons, and Seattle hired him, then GB hired him. However he is not solely responsible for building the present day Packers. Meetings are held, discussions are held, scouting reports are reviewed, hours of video are viewed . List are prepared, more discussions held, and yes TT makes the final decisions. TT does not deserve all of the credit for building the Packers, but when actions are not taken, he is entirely responsible.
4)Many players choose not to play/or stay in Green Bay because of two factors (a) the weather, and (b) the Taxes !
Teams in Texas and Florida enjoy a great advantage , No State Taxes ! Also many other teams enjoy lots better weather. Tampa, San Diego, Atlanta, etc. Another factor for some, they prefer not to live in a small town. They prefer a New York City or Philadelphia or Chicago. Some even choose a smaller contract because they know they can make more money doing commercials and endorsements in a larger city.
5) Some players don't get the money they are seeking from GB, so they follow the money. G.Jennings, J.Jones, etc....

All members of this forum have opinions. Saying that anyone that you disagree with is wrong, is not only wrong, but extremely arrogant. Many people post their dribble in this forum, yet I feel no need to attack them, their post speak volumes more about the poster than I ever could. Some in this forum are just young and full of testosterone. Some are cranky fanatics that need a second hobby beyond this forum. Some post their opinions eloquently without personally attacking others. I strongly encourage all to not attack others in this forum, but present your logically organized argument/rebuttal in a clear, rational, and civilized manor.

Negative ratings used to bother me, but now I've realized that they are a reflection of frustrated people that can't construct a proper argument. They are just numbers like 5 or 49 or 117 or 342. They are no more of a threat or concern than person that posted the negative rating.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
TT and MM have rebuilt this roster for another long run of championships. You don't bring back old and slow. You give the young guys a chance to prove their able. Draft and Develop. You can't develop if your not given a chance. NT is a hold the point get off the block position, not a pass rusher. I think we have the talent but won't know until the rubber hits the road. Thursday the rubber will be smoking. If they can stop beast mode or at least slow it down we will have our answer. Even if they can't I'm not going to make final judgement from the first game of the season.

Reaction score
There often seems to be a cynical undertone to opinions offered here. I noticed it also and I've been on my fair share of sites to make a fair evaluation. Id like to offer the benefit of the doubt and to think those responses are due largely that we are in here collectively because we are innately competitive by nature and passionate and protective of the things we hold true n dear. Either that or we might just be a bunch of panzies! Lol.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

There often seems to be a cynical undertone to opinions offered here. I noticed it also and I've been on my fair share of sites to make a fair evaluation. Id like to offer the benefit of the doubt and to think those responses are due largely that we are in here collectively because we are innately competitive by nature and passionate and protective of the things we hold true n dear. Either that or we might just be a bunch of panzies! Lol.

Some are small minded and can't see beyond their narrow opinions. Blindly agreeing, like sheep, with the official published policy, IMO reveals a lack of original thought. ( Vic Ketcham says so, it must be true), but who signs olle Vic's paycheck ? If you don't like this player or that coach then say so, marching in step is IMO a good way not to see that your about to walk off a pier along with the rest of the sheep.

Reaction score
Some are small minded and can't see beyond their narrow opinions. Blindly agreeing, like sheep, with the official published policy, IMO reveals a lack of original thought. ( Vic Ketcham says so, it must be true), but who signs olle Vic's paycheck ? If you don't like this player or that coach then say so, marching in step is IMO a good way not to see that your about to walk off a pier along with the rest of the sheep.[/QUOTE
God. I always loved you Popeye the sailor man. Glad to see your enjoying the Holiday with us Packer fans.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
… I'm not looking to take shots at TT, however IMO he is too timid about addressing the Packers present and most urgent needs.
You’re not looking to take shots at Thompson? That is a blatantly false statement. Here are some of your posts from just August of this year:
TT would lose face if he were to bring Pickett back.
This was posted twice:
Ask yourself this question ? Would TT actually make such a bold move ? Answer honestly and you answer your question.
Coach McCarthy and staff research the players prior to the draft. The Coach and his staff pick who they want to draft, TT handles the contracts. TT takes the credit, but he would be lost without Coach McCarthy.
The idea that it’s McCarthy and not Thompson who controls the draft was repeated in at least 4 different posts, without a scintilla of evidence to support it.
To get a quality FA , I can't imagine the pressure it takes to get TT to force open his wallet.
The idea that Thompson is pressured or that he’s pressured by McCarthy to sign FAs was repeated in 4 different posts, without a scintilla of evidence to support it. Some of the accompanying comments were, “but it must be a stone cold b!)(& to get TT to hire a free agent.” … “It must have been quite a scene to get him to chizzle open his wallet… and “McCarthy exerts to get "TT" to grab a crowbar to open his wallet”.
(Beau Allen) may still be available with the final cuts . :tup: If however they can't wake TT from his ***** , then the question is moot . :coffee:
Did TT get his new contract before or after J.Peppers got his ? … TT is that guy you see driving at 55 mph as everyone else drives by pointing and laughing.
The 55 MPH comment was repeated in 3 different posts.
"TED" doesn't choose the players to draft, Coach McCarthy does. ... "Ted" is a cheap tightwad that squeaks when he walks.
With regard to your assertion that you aren't "looking to take shots at TT", I'll borrow a bit from Bears radio and ask, Who you crap'n? Certainly no one here paying attention.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
… However he is not solely responsible for building the present day Packers. Meetings are held, discussions are held, scouting reports are reviewed, hours of video are viewed . List are prepared, more discussions held, and yes TT makes the final decisions. TT does not deserve all of the credit for building the Packers, but when actions are not taken, he is entirely responsible.
So now after asserting without qualification or any evidence whatever that’s it’s McCarthy that controls the draft, you’ve now backtracked to say Thompson makes the final decisions but isn’t solely responsible for “building the Packers”? Don't those posts of yours I quoted above now look even more like you were just taking shots at Thompson? And even with this you are saying Thompson must share the credit for all successes but when actions aren’t taken he is entirely responsible? What happened to all the lists, and discussions, etc.? If others have input on actions taken, why wouldn’t they have input on actions not taken? And when actions not taken involve a player having to agree to come to Green Bay or another team agreeing to a trade, is that also entirely Thompson's fault?
All members of this forum have opinions. Saying that anyone that you disagree with is wrong, is not only wrong, but extremely arrogant.
In my opinion this is an example of political correctness gone wrong. Every kid doesn't win the race (even if they all get a trophy) and every opinion isn't equally valid. If no opinions can be challenged (and by challenging them you are at least inferring they are wrong) then what kind of board would this be? A series of opinions with no interaction allowed except some version of “you’re right!!!”? Nonsense. If someone posts the opinion that Aaron Rodgers really isn’t any good and Matt Flynn should be starting, how should such an opinion be met? Of course the person posting that opinion has the “right” to have it, but that opinion needs to be strongly challenged and proven wrong. What if a person alleges that Ted Thompson, the VP of Football Operations and General Manager doesn’t control the draft – something for which he is famously known league wide and by a vast majority of Packers fans, how should that opinion be answered? Particularly when that opinion is accompanied by snide shots at Thompson and accompanied by NO EVIDENCE whatever? You post about presenting your arguments “logically organized in a clear, rational, and civilized manor”? How about taking your own advice? Where was the organized logical argument in those posts of yours I quoted?
Some are small minded and can't see beyond their narrow opinions. Blindly agreeing, like sheep, with the official published policy, IMO reveals a lack of original thought. ( Vic Ketcham says so, it must be true), but who signs olle Vic's paycheck ? If you don't like this player or that coach then say so, marching in step is IMO a good way not to see that your about to walk off a pier along with the rest of the sheep.
Has a single poster posted anything like if Ketcham says so, it must be true? I missed it if it happened. And it’s one thing to form one’s own opinions but quite another to lash out and call those who agree on something obvious, like Thompson is in charge of the draft, sheep. Posting Thompson isn't in charge of all personnel matters including the draft, just like advocating for Flynn to start may be original thinking, but it’s also nonsense. Finally, re-read the portions of your posts I quoted above and answer this question: Isn’t that kind of attack on Thompson small minded?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to former agent Joel Corry and his dealing teams discussing tax breaks of certain states, "It’s something that rarely came up in actual negotiations I was a part of when working for a sports agency."

Bignutz

I'm a victim of coicumstances!
Reaction score
With Raji now out for the year, what are the chances we see Pickett back in green and gold?
Hope not. Still don't understand why all this love for Pickett? Guy is an alright player but no Reggie White as some fans seem to thinkk.

Members online

Latest posts