Pick No. 173 Tederrel Slaton

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We got another Snacks, and Kenny can now move around to 4T and 5T. Should be interesting to see.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This feels like a shift in defensive philosophy. The guy is 370 lbs and is immovable. Was not on my radar and doesn't look like any DL we have drafted. I'm thinking Berry is looking at FL things differently.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This feels like a shift in defensive philosophy. The guy is 370 lbs and is immovable. Was not on my radar and doesn't look like any DL we have drafted. I'm thinking Berry is looking at FL things differently.
Thought was 340?

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has issues maintaining his weight, which is another reason why I felt 6th or 7th would have been better value. Hope they learned something after Lacy.

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope it wasn't just to get drafted. Generally a big guy like that loses weight and the additional maneuverability helps a lot. Will be interesting to see him play.

Slaton said in the call with the press that he wants to play at 320. Still big but big difference compared to his 360 at college. i like it

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many mocks I slated him with our last fourth rounder. Guy his size moves way better than he should...only issue for me was always his every play motor. Special biggun for sure and Lancaster just met his match immediately for sub time.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After his last meal of the day he is 360. After his morning dump before breakfast he is 340. There in lies the discrepancies.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What does a guy that big eat? Better hope he sticks around as I imagine his grocery bill would be astronomical!

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Idk watch his tape for 370 pounds, not sure that's correct, but either way he's a big dude and for being that big he's a very impressive athlete. He does not look like a 370 pound man to the eye test, not in the least. He flys around out there. Great pick he's one of the prospects I was really hoping the Packers got...

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slaton only started one year at Florida. I think he will be a project and moved to the practice squad much of his rookie season. While he may be hard to move, what I have read is that he can get turned sideways and give up big runs in his gap because he has difficulty keeping blockers off his body. Maybe that's a hand placement issue and he can eventually get into the rotation as a NT on running downs.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slaton only started one year at Florida. I think he will be a project and moved to the practice squad much of his rookie season. While he may be hard to move, what I have read is that he can get turned sideways and give up big runs in his gap because he has difficulty keeping blockers off his body. Maybe that's a hand placement issue and he can eventually get into the rotation as a NT on running downs.

The dude came in and played in 11 games his rookie year at Florida, a big conference to do so in.

His conditioning level and body type just never lend itself well with being a three down starter till his senior year. Low risk investment in a guy, most feel at minimum can be a run plugger for his rookie contract before being jettison - and could be more.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The dude came in and played in 11 games his rookie year at Florida, a big conference to do so in.

His conditioning level and body type just never lend itself well with being a three down starter till his senior year. Low risk investment in a guy, most feel at minimum can be a run plugger for his rookie contract before being jettison - and could be more.

Have you guys looked at him in a uniform...dude looks slim. Doesn't have a belly honestly if a 350 pound dude ever looked skinny it's this guy. I mean idk if his coaches at Florida talked about a conditioning problem...

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If they try and get cute and cut him to get him on practice squad somebody else will snag him

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you guys looked at him in a uniform...dude looks slim. Doesn't have a belly honestly if a 350 pound dude ever looked skinny it's this guy. I mean idk if his coaches at Florida talked about a conditioning problem...

He did at one time get up to 350+, but hasn't been there in a bit. Pro Day weight was right at about 330, and 100% agree - watch him on film and his weight is not all hung around the torso like most his size. Carries it VERY well and moves it VERY well when he wants to.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If GB plays him as a 2-down, A gap plugger taking on 2 OL's that'll take a lot of pressure off of Clark. Obvious passing plays he rotates out, allowing Za'Darius to slide inside & rush. I LOVE this pick, especially where they took him!